1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

I'd like to take a second to talk about Boobs.

Discussion in 'WildStar General' started by Imafrakkincylon, May 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Psistorm

Psistorm Cupcake-About-Town

Personally I'm not against sizable boobs either, then again, most people probably aren't. But I agree with the general notion that despite size, the shape should be somewhat realistic, and there should be the option to have smaller sizes. I agree that especially on the aurin, a smaller chest would seem better for their lithe frames.
    For draken or especially mechari, bigger sizes seem to fit more. Plus, the mechari are metal, so gravity defying boobs are very much a thing there :p

That said, a natural shape and a good slider distribution is what I can easily agree on as well.
  2. Honour

Honour Cupcake

I'm not sure if you've noticed, but the male proportions aren't exactly realistic either, it's all stylised. I'm all for sliders however, but to only mention the stylised breasts as though they're alone is a little off the mark.
  3. Aheadache

Aheadache Well-Known Cupcake

Well written post. Good thing you did not include samples, when I posted sexy ninja turtles I got my font hand slapped. I support your slider request.
    Verilyn likes this.
  4. Alverad

Alverad Well-Known Cupcake

Awesome post, absolutely share the feeling. My thoughts exactly regarding the double jump ;) Quite obviously, they were not designed/drawn by a girl. Dare to say, girls were not allowed in the room when they were getting OKed either ;p
    Khrusky likes this.
  5. Veckna

Veckna Well-Known Cupcake

Boob sliders can be very dangerous things.
    I mean, there's a real risk of it all going tits up from character creation! :whistling:

In seriousness though I prefer the smaller/more athletic aesthetics rather than 'silicone valley' on my female characters so am all for the ability to tone them down as much as possible.
  6. Einherjar

Einherjar Cupcake

Fan service!

[​IMG]
    Agon and Xlugon Pyro like this.
  7. Anonity

Anonity New Cupcake

Or maybe Wildstar is just a video game which doesn't need to conform to your views on how breasts need to be depicted. The games uses a more cartoon-esque of sorts art style which doesn't need to depict reality, so calling something "unnatural" is not a strong argument.
    They'd seems unnatural in real life, sure.
    Also, you're not "talking" about breasts, you're complaining that they don't fit your depiction of what breasts should look like.
    Leiloni and Jarinolde like this.
  8. Galosha

Galosha Cupcake

[​IMG]
    Sorry my friends today i'm in anti-gravity bra, would be better if we go hunt some birds or giants.
    [​IMG]
    Sorry but it's not an option for me, my anti-gravity bra in the wash.
    Trigger and Joukehainen like this.
  9. Azhdaha

Azhdaha Cupcake-About-Town

Also relevant to this discussion perhaps, is the design of heavier armor that, while aesthetically pleasing to a certain subset of fans, "would kill you."
  10. Menchi

Menchi Cupcake-About-Town

Yeah, this game isn't shooting for realistic. The male models are not at all innocent either. Let's forget realistic and enjoy the incredibly cartoony style that we all have known about, expected, and that I for one am looking forward to. If I wanted to shoot for something more 'realistic', which isn't a term that fits any decent MMO that comes to mind, I'd only be playing Elder Scrolls, with those terribly ugly characters. Ugh.
    Leiloni likes this.
  11. Bomoo

Bomoo Cupcake

You know, one of the first things I noticed about the character models was how excessively stacked the female ones appeared, but I figured it was just me being picky again. I wouldn't mind a size reduction, but personally I'm more grateful they didn't put bikini armour or high heels on every single female character model. Speaking for myself, dough, I could probably learn to live with ridiculous Tomb Raider chest sizes if not every female is jumping, running, and fighting in absurd stiletto heels or chain mail bikinis.
  12. kiri

kiri Cupcake-About-Town

It's a heavily stylized game so I have no issue with the gravity-defying nature of their bosoms. They've got robots and <REDACTED> zipping around in outer space, they've probably developed amazing bra technology.

But I'm very pro-sliders because options are a good thing.
  13. pseudo

pseudo Podcaster

I am all for turning down the cup sizes on the aurins... but we also have to look at the art style of wildstar. I'm not convinced that the aurin cup sizes are just because of the male gaze (although the first time I saw the mams in the announcement trailer I thought "ah jeeze one of THOSE games") it could be a style decision. Kory Hubbell (senior concept artist of W*) has stated that the art style is meant to be cartoony -- overblowing dimensions and making bodies look a little off. That's why everyone has huge feet, draken have huge chins, etc...

Now, with that being said I think there is also a lore reason to give the aurins a breast reduction, mainly because the aurin are a matriarchal society which seems to imply that the purpose of boobs becomes lessened when they are not the primary care-giver to their children, right? Perhaps my understanding of gender in social systems is completely wrong, but this is how it seems to me.

Also, no bust sliders. It's just fap material for teenagers and it makes me feel like a creep.
    Khrusky and Menchi like this.
  14. Ico

Ico Moderator • WSC's Gentle Flower

Ahhh the old boob LoS block, I know it well.
    Joukehainen and Kataryna like this.
  15. Menchi

Menchi Cupcake-About-Town

What does a matriarchal society have to do with boob sliders? The males certainly aren't doing any breastfeeding, so no evolution aspects there. Unless of course I'm wrong, and the males are indeed doing the breastfeeding. That would make the Aurin race topsy-turvy like those lovable seahorses.

They could use lore rather than evolution to explain small breasts though. For example, the Amazonians who took matriarchal to an extreme were said to cut off their breasts to lessen any effect they would have in battle. Yep, probably the first ever complete mastectomies.
  16. Xlugon Pyro

Xlugon Pyro Super Cupcake

Too bad Wildstar isn't real life, then. :p Also, will there even be plate/chainmail/leather armor in this game or will there be sci-fi appropriate variations for heavy/medium/light armor types?
    Azhdaha likes this.
  17. Steiner

Steiner New Cupcake

I realize why we need this, I am totally cool with a slider. That being said, what we really need is confirmation on character customization or that adding of it if they haven't done it/planned to do it. I can only imagine all the <REDACTED>ing from tumblr SJWs if the only way to customize your character was a boob slider......so I support full character customization.
  18. Zapp Brannigan

Zapp Brannigan Cupcake-About-Town

The breasts in WildStar remind me of the magnificent mummeries of the women of Amazonia. I don't like to be reminded of my time on that planet. Or maybe I do. I don't know. It was a very confusing experience.

(Srs face, the thing I don't like about WildStar boobs is that they're so disproportionate. Aesthetically, I don't mind if they're big or small, so long as they fit the frame.)
  19. Kalmander

Kalmander Well-Known Cupcake

Part of the problem, is the cartoony style of the graphics. That style will emphasize the parts that are considered attractive in the anatomy. Just look at the little Aurin on the left: Large eyes, large lips, thin waist, wide hips, overflowing hair, and of course, massive boobs that can be used as emergency flotation devices... So asking for realism from that graphic style... Well, it's hard...

But I agree we should have a slider for those. I'm sure some people like them huge and gravity defying, but others do not.
  20. Shoogli

Shoogli Cupcake-About-Town

SilentJ likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.