1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

I'd like to take a second to talk about Boobs.

Discussion in 'WildStar General' started by Imafrakkincylon, May 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JoeDragon

JoeDragon Cupcake-About-Town

I read your post in Zapp's voice before even realizing it was a bit.

As for this Thread...

[​IMG]

Any customization options are always a plus. I'd like to be able to reshape every possible aspect of my character. Of course when that is possible, you end up with some truly horrifying monstrosities out there.
  2. Yinello

Yinello Cupcake-About-Town

I think some people don't understand it's not about wanting smaller boobs, it's about wanting diversity. Giving every lady out there the same exact body shape is unrealistic especially when the guys do have different body types (aurin vs granok anyone?). I know a lot of you don't like GW2 but they had loads of diversity between their female NPCs. I'd like WS to follow that.

Choice is good.
    Saza, Trigger, Huffle Puff and 3 others like this.
  3. Myrrdhinn

Myrrdhinn Well-Known Cupcake

Couldn't agree more! :)

But seriously.. boob and body type sliders are standard now. I'm surprised that they are not in the game.
  4. Impaler

Impaler Cupcake

Because the vast majority of gamers in the world are girls, lesbians in fact, and most lesbians enjoy large breasts. Sex sells, it's a marketing strategy that is directed solely toward them.

While were busy reducing breasts size, lets remove twelve packs and head sized biceps in favor of beer guts, pale skinny arms and wife beaters. I better be able to play my male character as a pale out of shape skinny dude with a food baby belly.

Look at these guys. Lets try to change they way the males are drawn so that they don't put every male physique on the planet to shame, need to be more "natural" lol.
    [​IMG]
    Leiloni likes this.
  5. JoeDragon

It isn't even just an issue that pertains to women. The mega buff sexy Male body types paint an unrealistic view of the average man. This is why sliders are necessary, because everyone has their own idea of what looks good.

Edit: Of course the male body in games is usually an idealized view and something we usually aspire to look like. While not every woman wants big Boobs (Although some sincerely do and go to great lengths to achieve it.) But don't group all men together, a lot of us just want to be healthy and not total Beefcakes.
    Trahma likes this.
  6. Vyver

Vyver "That" Cupcake

Except the strong looking male characters are a power fantasy while big tits and wasp waists are a objectivifing sexual fantasy

but I digress, if we have to trick males into thinking they're being just as wronged as women are in order to get some diverse female forms so be it.

It's a lie, but it's a lie that will work for us.
  7. JoeDragon

I was going to add a line about how the Male image is an Ideal we try to live up to so it isn't as potentially offensive, I see now I should have lol.
  8. Yinello

Yinello Cupcake-About-Town

Everyone should have diversity of body types but like I said, comparing the races, there's already differences between the Aurin and the Granok, the Mechari and the Draken etc, yet the ladies have the same small waist huge boobs and hips type.
    Trigger likes this.
  9. Menchi

Menchi Cupcake-About-Town

To sum up this thread as intelligently as possible: Waaaaah! The cartoons aren't realistic! Why aren't these women chubby and small-breasted?! Waaaaah.

Yep, I'm a meany who recognizes that cartoony art styles are MEANT to be unrealistic and disproportionate. That's what makes cartoons fun. Just look at anime. The whole point of anime is exaggeration. Storyline, character traits, deaths. All of it is greatly exaggerated and that's how cartoons should be. Helps that much more in escaping our ugly, real world.
    Leiloni and Xlugon Pyro like this.
  10. WarPlots

WarPlots Cupcake

I think there is some wildstar lore that states how the Aurin breast size grew due to the many years aboard the luxurious Arkship (kinda like Wall-e and human obesity) ... I forget the exact science, but something to do with hyper-sleep, gravity changes, & a reprogrammed Mechari waitstaff catering to all Exile requests...
    Trahma and SilentJ like this.
  11. Vyver

Vyver "That" Cupcake

The Meet The Exiles video has an exaggerated and cartoony character in the wildstar style with tits below a D cup

Your arguement is invalid.
    Trigger and Khrusky like this.
  12. Menchi

Not even close. My argument is not at all stating any specific cup sizes. Hell, I didn't even feel that Wildstar's female breasts were NEARLY as bad as some of you seem to think, especially when compared to some other games *cough* Tera *cough*

I'm simply pointing out why this "issue" shouldn't be a big deal to the people that feel it's too unrealistic. Duh! It follows the art-style.
    Kataryna and Impaler like this.
  13. Zero713

Zero713 Cupcake

Batman DID have nips on his suit in some of the movies ha ha

But I would imagine sliders will be implemented before launch for body height and size. Final Fantasy 14 has a bust slider currently in beta so that is in the realm of possibility as well.
  14. Sonntam

Sonntam Cupcake-About-Town

I like escaping the ugly, real world. And a D cup does not fit my definition of awesomeness, it just makes me cringe, because I can't help, but to imagine what it would be like to have that boob size. And it's not fun, because jumping and running with such equipment in skimpy clothing is the equivalent of immense back pains.

It's like seeing a hobbling character. "Hey, it's just cartoon, hobbling is the fastest way to move!"

It does not feel that way, though. And it doesn't look visually appealing, I'd like normal walking and running.

Same applies to boobs.
    Trigger likes this.
  15. Impaler

Impaler Cupcake

TERA? Sure they are big, but have you seen Blade and Soul lol?

I am sure once all the protesters see this, they will look back at Wildstar and say "Hey it could be worse" Which in reality, it could be a lot worse.

16. Kataryna

Kataryna Super Cupcake

Warning: I'm not ashamed of my chest size and make no attempts to hide it - as is revealed in this post!

Oddly enough, being a female, I like the size of the boobs - because they're actually a semi-realistic representation of ME. I'd hate it if i couldn't have big boobs on my character! In Neverwinter, I made the shortest character I could ('cause i'm short-ish IRL 5'6 compared to 6'6 hubby) and scaled the boobs out as far as they could go... and I'm pretty sure I'm one of the few females that could legit complain about back aches because of boobs - 36DD? no! 36 F? nope! 38 G? nope! - 40H beat that ladies!!!

I'm all for sliders, just let me have my large boobs!!

(also, Female Granok's wear over-the-shoulder-boulder-holders!!!)
    (also also people don't realize it, but the average size of boobs in the US is quite large, probably a D, and most women do not have their bras correctly sized, causing them to think they're smaller than they actually are!)
    Xlugon Pyro and Verilyn like this.
  17. Menchi

Sure, there's a small minority of folks that absolutely need realistic models to "escape" from the real world. If Aion is any indication, there's also a larger number of folks that will abuse the sliders simply because they want to play two foot tall bobble-head dolls. You think above average (which is less and less true with how many hormones end up in our food these days) breasts will break your immersion, wait til you see those suckers!

If they do put in sliders, it better not even come close to the amount of customization Aion had, because the abuse of that system makes me sick.
  18. Anonity

Anonity New Cupcake

(I don't see why everyone is so scared that there won't be sliders, many games do that these days)
    Anyway
    So, because you imagine what it's like to be unrealistic and cartoony characters in our real world, the game should cater to your feelings and perspective?
    Cartoon worlds operate differently than ours. You're supposed to be immersed in their worlds, not bring them into our world. That's weird.

However, do the male characters that are over-exaggerated fit in your "definition of awesomeness", because I don't see you complaining about them?
  19. Cottonspore

Cottonspore Cupcake-About-Town

Good on you, OP. This subject is tough to bring up in this environment and at its extreme is uniquely capable in bringing out the very nastiest parts of humanity, especially when the OP admits to being a woman. And honestly I'm kind of pleased with how many likes and the support you got (at least initially). WSC, you've almost surprised me.

I'll leave this little tidbit here for everyone's consideration: when topics like these come up, the OP and supporters aren't upset that big boobs exist, which seems to be the main takeaway from discussions like these for some reason?

On that superhero picture - I love this argument because it comes up so often, but it's not very effective because everybody using it fails to acknowledge the different sexual values placed on breasts vs six packs. Honestly, if you wanted an accurate analogy you'd need to put that superhero picture into photoshop and dramatically enlarge every man's crotch "bulge" (their crotches all seem to be shaded just as flatly as Wonder Woman's, btw) until those bulges were the size of their heads, and drew it so that the individual shape of everything contained therein was vaguely visible. THEN you have something comparable.

I never understand why people can't understand that when they say that video game characters, especially in MMOs, are "idealized" versions of people, they're basically ignoring what these "ideal" bodies say. If an "ideal" female body is comprised solely of inflated sex characteristics and is diminished in every other way (diminished is really the kindest word I can think of for those waists), that's a pretty clear message. If you didn't get the message, ask yourself this: What is she ideal FOR?
  20. Shoogli

Shoogli Cupcake-About-Town

Hey if we're going to make a "beat that" contest, here's my entry :

Beat *that* ! :inlove:
    (one of my favorite comic character btw)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.