1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

I'd like to take a second to talk about Boobs.

Discussion in 'WildStar General' started by Imafrakkincylon, May 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Reapter

Reapter New Cupcake

2. Kysera Naythox

Kysera Naythox Cupcake

As a big boob wielder in real life, I want my character to be an idealized extension of myself. So, GO TEAM GIANT TATAS!

But really, I love customization and that would extend to anatomy in an ideal game world.
    Xlugon Pyro, Kataryna, Trahma and 2 others like this.
  3. Seagrey

Seagrey Cupcake-About-Town

AC2 demonstrated that the current idealized female wasn't a necessary evil for all toons. I loved playing as this toon.
    [​IMG] 248px-Prologue_Lugians.jpg
    Trigger likes this.
  4. Vyver

Vyver "That" Cupcake

To be fair, the Boob slider discussion is incredibly simple, it's either "yes" or "no". You might as well just make a poll.

If anyone wants to delve any deeper into the topic then they would have to discuss the direct purpose of breasts in videogames, and why it's important (or not) to be able to edit them.

Which is exactly the "videogame aesthetics" topic you want us to avoid.

So, 1 for yes. That's all I can legally say.
    Naunet and Galosha like this.
  5. Joukehainen

Joukehainen Well-Known Cupcake

Yes please to boob sliders. They should go from flat to however big the devs want.

I also wish the modelling of the breasts was fixed a bit, they're currently looking kind of wonky, sitting too high up on the chest, as round on top as on the sides and underside, like big spheres attached to the chest, and "boob-loaf" at times. An example:

[​IMG]

That's how her boobs would look if she were upside down! I realize this is cartoony and not intended to be realistic, but it looks jarring as it's more reminiscent of a bad boob job than some large boobies.

"Imagine a bag filled with water, not a sphere."

Here's a link to a little infographic about drawing big boobs in an anime style (so not realism, still highly stylized) and how to avoid the "sphere tacked on" look. (No 'nudity', only silhouettes, mildly nsfw).

(It would be very nice to get some body sliders as well but I'm not sure we will.)
    Trigger, Huffle Puff, Khrusky and 3 others like this.
  6. Zapp Brannigan

Zapp Brannigan Cupcake-About-Town

I love boobs, but only when they're proportionate. For example: great vs not so great.

Oh, here's a better not so great. Though it my be photoshopped.
    Khrusky likes this.
  7. Vyver

Vyver "That" Cupcake

8. Witless

Witless "That" Cupcake

First off hilarious post.

Second, I can relate. I'm tired of walking around with perpetual lower back pain, hip pain and walking bow legged, but sometimes a man has got to do what a mans got to do. I'm just glad the male avatar don't have that issue, what with all the dodging and rolling they have to do.

So I support boob sliders. Nothing worse than having your boys or girls in pain.
    Joukehainen and Trahma like this.
  9. Menchi

Menchi Cupcake-About-Town

Yeah, I don't see a single one of your "not so great"s on a single Wildstar model. They all look to fall into the "great" category to me. What pics are you guys looking at that makes you think Wildstar is full of Gigantic Gazongas?
  10. Impaler

Impaler Cupcake

Carbine retooled the races based on feedback and this is the model they came up with.
    [​IMG]
  11. Zapp Brannigan

Mainly Aurin/Draken. It's not that they're large, it's that they're disproportionate. I'd find the Aurin more attractive with smaller breasts (than that), and the Draken more attractive if she had a fuller waist/was taller.
  12. Chooby

Chooby Cupcake

This is a phenomenal thread. Yes the Aurin and Human females could have some reduction; we all know that the female Chua milkshake brings the Exiles to the yard anyways.
    Huffle Puff, Khrusky, eselle8 and 4 others like this.
  13. Anonity

Anonity New Cupcake

You know, it's worth nothing that the Aurin screenshot is an old model, you can most easily tell by the hands and face. I figured the hands should stand out, considering they're used from the old human model.
  14. Kataryna

Kataryna Super Cupcake

[​IMG]

This is what My Real Life 40 H size chest looks like...it's not exactly HUGE like some Anime chicks are....
  15. Leiloni

Leiloni Cupcake-About-Town

Hey now not all of us chicks want to give our toons small boobs. I'm a huge fan of TERA's art style (pun not intended, I played a Castanic actually) and I loved Aion when I played it as well. This is after all a fantasy game and I want my toon to look good! Sure if this were real life some of these toons might look weird, but it's not so I'm not concerned! Honestly every time I see a thread like this in gaming forums I wanna roll my eyes. Most of us like the way our toons looks so please leave them alone. If the Sylvari is the look they're trying to get then please don't touch my cute little Aurin. :)
    LemuresXL, Xlugon Pyro and Kataryna like this.
  16. Zapp Brannigan

Oh lordy, I did not need my attention drawn towards those hands.

This looks like a more recent model, and I still have the same issue (by 'issue' I mean extremely mild annoyance).

Boobs compared to waste are just so out of whack that I don't find it attractive.
    Khrusky likes this.
  17. Cogburn

Cogburn Cupcake-About-Town

The first words out of my wife's mouth when I showed her the cinematic Wildstar trailer with Buck, Sarge, and Liara were "Her boobs are too big". She continued to point it out every time she saw an Aurin in any of the videos.

Maybe we should scale those babies back a little, if only to get my wife to play Wildstar with me. :D
    Trigger and Verilyn like this.
  18. Impaler

Impaler Cupcake

You want to be attracted to them? That seems like a personal issue. The artist has a style, why would he change it? Might as well make everything in the game more "proportional." Those ears are too big. What human has horns that big and curly? They should be smaller.
    Xlugon Pyro, Leiloni and Anonity like this.
  19. Seagrey

Seagrey Cupcake-About-Town

Folks are asking for sliders. Those of us that would choose a smaller bustline will just make your toon look more special.
    Trahma likes this.
  20. Shoogli

Shoogli Cupcake-About-Town

I'll just leave that here :

[​IMG]
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.