1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Ideas: Rockers and Riders

Discussion in 'WildStar Classes & Paths' started by ruff_ethereal, Jun 5, 2013.

1. ruff_ethereal

ruff_ethereal Well-Known Cupcake

I have two ideas for new classes, obviously for an expansion pack. Nothing serious, just fun, gimmicky ideas.

The Rocker

Specs: DPS/Healer
    Stats: Moxie (Attack)/Insight (Support)
    Weapon: Guitar

Main class mechanic is similar to the above video or Guitar Hero. Plenty skill-based; the potency of your spells depends on how many notes you got right. I'm thinking an excellent group healer or crowd-control, with direct damage spells, or an AoE around the area for a set amount of time.

There can also be literal cooling down, where the guitar overheats, and they risk burning their fingers off if they cast too many spells too often. A fun animation would be your toon burning their hand and waving it around in pain if you try to ignore the CD.

The Rider

Specs: DPS/Tank
    Stats: Finesse (DPS)/Tech (Support)
    Weapon: Hoverboard

This class mainly relies on harassment and abusing their incredibly high-mobility; attacks on the move. Like the Spellslinger, only these guys leave trails of nasty stuff and unpleasant surprises on the ground for their enemies to run into.

Could be great in War Plots to deny areas, aid retreats, or attempt to herd your enemies. More of a supporter for teams, making life unpleasant for attackers, and chasing down stragglers than front-line combat.

They can also tank, by virtue of keeping aggro away from everyone else and using their high mobility to have telegraphs land FAR away from everybody else. Obviously, a lot of skill and area awareness required; wouldn't want to pull off a sick escape and realise you've painted your healer and two DPS in red.
  2. AusterlitZ

AusterlitZ Well-Known Cupcake

like your ideas,but this isn't a cyberpunk game,so...
  3. popober

popober Cupcake-About-Town

Interesting ideas, though the rocker doesn't really fit into the game. WildStar is goofy, but it's not THAT goofy.

The rider on the other hand could be overpowered or incredibly gimped depending on how they implement it. For example if their form of attack is solely based on leaving <REDACTED> behind then they're possible weakness is that they can be dismounted when hit hard enough, in which case they'd be totally defenseless when on foot and people would complain how gimped that is. The class would also require a lot of space for tanking, something not usually seen in dungeons, not to mention that there would be too much moving around which is always hell for everyone.

Though I can see it'll be fun if implemented properly. But honestly, I can see it more of as a mechanic in warplots where you can turn into a riding unit instead of an actual class.
  4. NerdEsq

NerdEsq Cupcake

Haha. I can totes see the rider implemented and being a blast to play!
  5. Ico

Ico Moderator • WSC's Gentle Flower

Haha, the idea just reminds me of the old WoW Guitar hero spoof! :p