1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

If you could tell the Devs one thing...

Discussion in 'WildStar General' started by Locke, May 22, 2013.

1. Xlugon Pyro

Xlugon Pyro Super Cupcake

There IS a point where they can get too big. I've seen a few cases myself. However, most MMOs even with a boob slider never get to that point. It's like a graphed exponential equation merged with a parabola. Boobs are bland until they get to a certain point where they rapidly become better the bigger they get. There's a sweet spot before it begins to dive again but not as extremely, where instead of sexy it begins to look obnoxious and painful.

Also, LOL boob analysis.
  2. madrabbit

madrabbit Cupcake

Haha. I actually wanted a no breast option so I can make a cross dressing female Aurin.

Also, Baldur's Gate yay.
    So many great avatars around here.
  3. Xlugon Pyro

Can women even cross dress nowadays? Hrmm....
  4. madrabbit

madrabbit Cupcake

Well, I mean compared to your average MMORPG female character. Legs showing, cleavage showing, moderate to huge breasts, skimpy revealing clothing (even when wearing full plate), etc. Alright, I might be exaggerating to a certain point, but what I say holds some merit at least.

Also, I'm not advocating this, but certain people have actually requested a bulge slider for male characters, or similarly a boulder slider for the Granok. I'm not sure where the WS devs will draw the line on what is acceptable and what isn't, but I can say one thing for sure. Boob slider is mandatory.
  5. LoweGearShift

LoweGearShift Cupcake

I'd love to see some kind of combat with our mount vehicles. I can't tell you how awkward if feels to ride a MASSIVE DRAGON into battle only to see him go bye-bye and leave me to fight another dragon on my own. Even if it's just a PvE-only stun/minor damage thing it would be more fun.
  6. HoseMan

HoseMan New Cupcake

Hi Devs, first of all a big thank you for making this game, I really want to play it for years...

I would ask to put other language texts, please please please, omg please! put spanish texts, I want it SO hardly and all the spanish comunity too. Like GW2, only texts and with one server pve and one pvp it would be so so so awesome and I know a lot more people would play

And if I could say anything else, please don't modify difficult level so more people could get everything. It has been commented yet, but the WoW Vanilla esence... I love that, and I'm not a hard player
  7. Dende

Dende Cupcake

• No 24/7 flying mounts please, maybe in cities but not around the world. :inlove: world pvp

• Please add raid attuments again (quests/items/rep etc)

• Do not add too much daily quests to prevent confusion.

• Please add a Looking For Group channel, even if there is a LFG tool. THE WHOLE COMMUNICATION between players has sufferd so much from a lfg dungeon finder. Sadly no MMO can survive these days without it, but i really want to play and or find characters on MY realm and encounter new players which can become friends and or guild members in spee. This is simply not possible if you are qued in a system , then randomly put up with players from other realms, nobody is talking a sinlge word and just rushing trough the content. It SUCKS.
    Sapien likes this.
  8. Sapien

Sapien Cupcake-About-Town

Scrap the whole flying mount project, taxis is enought. :up: ....My thoughts.
    Catrike likes this.
  9. Ayora

Ayora Cupcake-About-Town

[​IMG]
    Catrike likes this.
  10. Xlugon Pyro

LOL very true.

And LOL boulder slider. That gave me a hearty chuckle indeed!
  11. Fingers

Fingers Cupcake-About-Town

I like the boulder slider thing :roflamo:
  12. Fingers

Fingers Cupcake-About-Town

But on a more serious note, no mounts, plz - if the boulder slider thing is implemented might have problems riding one anyway.
  13. Witless

Witless "That" Cupcake

For me it would be thank you!

Then I would say don't skimp on races throughout the game. I'm a huge fan of 10+ races and WS has 7 (2 humans don't count).
    plic70 likes this.
  14. plic70

plic70 Cupcake-About-Town

Same with Witless, Thank you.

Then for me it would be make me MAH HAMMAH class purty please.
    Witless likes this.
  15. Witless

Witless "That" Cupcake

I can't believe I didn't say this. As much as i hate swords I'd love a Hammer class!
  16. plic70

I'm telling you everyone loves screaming MAH HAMMAH!!!! When you go stomping about with one. They just don't accept it.
  17. plic70

Addendum to my question: could it be a spacey wacey HAMMAH!?
  18. Witless

Witless "That" Cupcake

Plus, I'm a Grannok! I don't want no damn toothpick! I needs me a face smashin', ass kickin', ball crunchin' giant <REDACTED> of a HAMMER! Oh, and a Chua koozie.
  19. ImpactHound

ImpactHound Cupcake-About-Town

I'd want to talk to them candidly about the train wrecks that were FF14 1.0 and SWTOR 2012. I'd really like to hear how they feel about johnny-cut-corners being bullied by fans and the publisher, and how much of it is a load of <REDACTED> & excuses.
  20. Platelet

Platelet New Cupcake

Reading through this thread its really encouraging to see players hoping for a new MMO that isn't homogenised and simplified. I wouldn't be so presumptuous as to tell the devs anything, as they are sure to make an extremely successful game regardless. The things that I'm hopeful for in WildStar are (from the perspective of a former WoW player):

• Although its been pretty much all but confirmed that this feature will exist in WildStar, I hope for no LFG. As far as I can see it hurts the community, whereas in MMOs in the past you would look for players to run instances with, now you just blindly group with randoms through LFG that you will likely never have any further interaction with beyond that single instance. In the past you would form friendships with people on your server that you had good experiences with in an instance, this is no longer the case through LFG. There is also the issue of teleporting to instances... What is wrong with getting out in the world and having to physically make your way to an instance entrance? Teleporting into instances makes it feel less of a congruous online world but rather a disjointed collection of maps that are patched together by loading screens. It seems to now be ingrained that houses will have the option to have raid portals which I find rather disappointing, as I feel that this encourages players to seclude themselves in their houses thereby diminishing the feeling of a large online community.

• I hope that the game includes exclusive content and rewards that are appropriate for that content in both PVE and PVP, such as gear, mounts and titles. I’m a former end game raider, I will not likely have time for hardcore raiding when WildStar is released as times have changed and now I’m too busy to commit to a regular raid schedule. Despite this fact, I really like the idea players who do invest the time and effort to progressing their characters and developing their skill get to kill that elusive end-game boss and for having done so can wield their new shiny rewards. Heroic dungeons should be challenging and be a significant part of player progression, rather than a formality to grind out before getting into raiding. Raids should be something that you have to work hard toward with attunements rather than merely popping a queue because you recently hit level cap. One difficulty, on raid size, it feels infinitely less epic when you can hit level cap and have killed the final boss of the latest raid within 24 hours (as it now is in WoW with the implementation of LFR). There has been discussion about the dynamic nature of raid encounters in WildStar and it was loosely commented on in an interview with Jeremy Gaffney that some weeks the raid might be easy to clear whilst others it will be immensely hard. I’m not quite sure how to interpret what was said, though I hope that this means raids will be difficult as a baseline and that on some weeks the configuration will cause them to be incredibly hard. The alternative interpretation is that some weeks raids will be easy mode so that Average Joe can clear the raid instance, whereas on others they will be a difficulty befitting hardcore raiders, I am hopeful of the former.

• I do hope for no “gimicky” features such as transmogrification... If you want to have a town-set then by all means collect a town-set, but for end game PVE/PVP action, if you want the stats you should look as though you’re wearing the gear. I don’t get it, but it seems to be a popular feature, obviously not a deal breaker. Pet battles also come to mind :p

• Flying mounts are a convenience that I wouldn’t miss if they aren’t available. At the very least I think they should be only available to end-game characters and maybe only as a very special reward, ie/ another form of exclusive content. I feel like gameplay is enhanced if you have to make your way around the world on ground rather than just flying over the top of it ignoring everything. From the gameplay footage I’ve seen, Nexus looks amazing, why would you want to just bypass over the top of it? It was discussed earlier in this thread, some games have sacrificed gameplay for convenience.

In all, I’m looking forward to an amazing game and I think that its great that Carbine care so much about what the player base is saying in these early stages. The points I’ve talked about in this post would likely be unpopular decisions in any MMO community, however I agree very strongly with the comments that LoL lead designer Morello Scott made recently in relation to the current state of WoW... (paraphrasing) What players want is not necessarily the same as that which players need, exclusive content is important to this type of game... Thanks again to Carbine for all of the work they are doing, I can’t wait to be able to get my hands on this game. :)