1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

If you could tell the Devs one thing...

Discussion in 'WildStar General' started by Locke, May 22, 2013.

1. Shishioh

Shishioh New Cupcake

I would simply ask the Devs that, no matter what, they don't cater to the casual players by nerfing 40 man content to the ground and making the hardcore players bite the bullet aswell.

I might sound elitist here, but come on, in my mind effort should be reflected in the gear you wear and the achievements you've worked for. And when casuals continue asking to get access to the same gear a hardcore player does, but for less effort, it simply annoys me.

Of course, I encourage debate on this subject.
    Milamilou, Afrotech, Witless and 3 others like this.
  2. McGamer

McGamer Cupcake

@Shishioh:

You're right, you do sound elitist.

MMOs are always going to seem unfair to one playstyle or another because it is impossible to please everyone all the time.

What you are asking implies that unless the devs cater to "hardcore" players specifically, then the devs must be automatically catering to "casual" players by default which is a completely false premise to make any kind of assumption about.

The game is not even launched yet and people are complaining about nerfs, seriously? It is in beta, have some patience.
  3. BlueDragon18

BlueDragon18 Cupcake-About-Town

Please do NOT put all new content of significance in the newbie zones. GW2 did this, over and over. To complete the new stuff, and get the achievements for it, you had to go back there. Please put new content in a spread of zones. If someone new can't do it, then they'll have an incentive to level. Putting it there so everyone has access is "nice for the new guys" but a serious disservice to players who've been working at the game.
  4. Shishioh

Shishioh New Cupcake

If you'd bother to actually properly read through my post without focusing on "elitist", you'd notice this: "I would simply ask the Devs that, no matter what, they don't cater to the casual players by nerfing 40 man content to the ground and making the hardcore players bite the bullet aswell."

That last sentence is of special significance and let me tell you why, good sir!

There's a difference between helping casuals getting access to raid content and forcing nerfs on the entire community.

For a long time now, WoW has been doing this with their raids and set the entire instance to 10%/20%/30% more dmg/heal/hp for raid groups doing it. And hey, people have problems getting 40 people together to raid? Let's lower that to 25 people or EVEN better 10 PEOPLE! About the percentage buff, you'd might argue that there's always an NPC which can turn this off, but here's the kicker!

What do I have to show for turning it off?
    Is there an extra achievement for it? NO!
    Will better loot be dropped if I do this? NO!

So basically turning it off nets me nothing besides me being able to tell people I have done it and I can't prove it either since I didn't even get an achievement for doing it. So why turn it off if there's nothing for it? I'd still get the same loot and achievements as someone who did it with a 30% buff.

Also, as a closing point. This is a thread regarding what I would tell a Dev if given the chance and that is what I'd ask, it isn't complaining in any shape or form.
  5. Antzzz

Antzzz New Cupcake

I've never been a hardcore player in wow but the time in wow i enjoyed the most was in TBC and i'd say that was the least casual friendly time.

when everything is nerfed down and released at baby pace there is absolutely zero mystery, because everything gets known by everyone and everyone runs around with the exact same gear.

What drove me in TBC as a casual player was the thought of all the places i had not explored and all the raid encounters i had not seen because there is nothing that will look cooler anywhere than in your mind.

Edit:
    Yes it is a beta but once it's released things like this wont be changed because once it's released it's too late. The whole reason for beta testing is for issues like this where there's atleast some chance for change.
    Milamilou, Afrotech and Platelet like this.
  6. THIS AURINS ON FIRE!!!!!!

THIS AURINS ON FIRE!!!!!! Cupcake-About-Town

a class or move that can control people
  7. Leo Panthera

Leo Panthera New Cupcake

I'd ask them to release the 2 missing classes and... PUT A BUZZED-HAIR OR AT LEAST A SHORT HAIR OPTION FOR THE MALE AURIN !
  8. Antzzz

Antzzz New Cupcake

I'd like them to add more weapon types.

On warriors i'd really like a shield/one-handed option and not only 2h greatswords and on stalkers i'd really like daggers. i dont really care if it has any impact on your performance i'd just like the aesthetic option :p.
  9. THIS AURINS ON FIRE!!!!!!

THIS AURINS ON FIRE!!!!!! Cupcake-About-Town

im srry but they said it'l always be one weapon type but different designs
  10. Groossum

Groossum Cupcake-About-Town

I would tell them, I'm loving what they doing (new races and all) and please don't make the end levels quests all the same mobs type (like tons of the same undead in the final zones 70-80 in GW2). Its not fun to go to a part of the map and kill 100s and come back to repeat...boring. You guys work hard on the game world, make some fun ways for us to explore it (tunnels, bridges and jumps) to bypass the useless mobs. Being high lvl doesn't mean become a mass murderer.
  11. Jakedog

Jakedog New Cupcake

I would tell the devs that they are making what looks to be a sweet game. Also I would ask them about dying as simple as that may sound. I have yet to see any of the demo gameplay in which a player dies (lol) because they are trying to show off the game content.
  12. Groossum

Groossum Cupcake-About-Town

Another thing (maybe was said), make sure you have multi ressource nodes like In Gw2. No fight on who got to a node first, the best way to get ressources. Bring back, chests, crate and cargo boxes with random loot (same principal as the nodes, no fights). make them part of explorer, scientist secret too. make the exploration of the world worth a few xp and items from random placed containers (or following lost data pads with direction and crypted messages). Bring the fun in moving around Nexus not just "Barren chat" from the main city waiting for a raid.
  13. Adaleis

Adaleis New Cupcake

ability to use one of your characters crafting professions without having to log them on. i hated trading mats between characters in-order to make my own gems/enchants =) you could restrict all items crafted this way to become soulbound and place one of those money-sinks on it =) just save me that 30 seconds logging between characters =)
  14. Afrotech

Afrotech Cupcake-About-Town

agree

I was just the opposite I played with a lot of hard core guilds in those days but, since then life has intervened and I don't have as much disposable time to play hard core so by necessity I have become more casual.

However, I still strive to get to that hard core content which now takes me longer to reach, but that mystery of content I have yet to see keeps me excited.
  15. McGamer

McGamer Cupcake

@Antzzz: You admit it's a beta, yet you insist on ignoring the fact that since it is a beta, no one knows the game's mechanics here 100% or how it will be at launch. The discussion on anything being "nerfed" is pointless.

Nevermind the fact that the whole argument about what makes a player "hardcore" or "casual" is entirely subjective. There is no one concrete definition for any two players. It boggles my mind how anyone can be so nonchalant as to make such claims and then beg devs to ignore other playstyles not their own. It is disturbing, especially when others naively "like" such posts.
  16. Eight8Eight

Eight8Eight Cupcake

I'd like to see a cash shop actually but only sell Cosmetic Items, No Pay to Win just Pay to look awesome.
  17. lacrimstein

lacrimstein Cupcake

Dear devs,

Please ignore Ohoni.
  18. dRakk

dRakk Cupcake

I don't know exactly what you want to know but it has been shown in some videos and mentioned in interviews.

When you die a text box pops up with 2 options along the lines of;

Revive here now for [Money Amount] - This option is on a 30minute cooldown
    Respawn at the nearest graveyard equivalent
  19. dRakk

dRakk Cupcake

If I had to tell the Devs one thing, I'd be a little lost for words, It seems like they have more to tell me than vice versa, it seems like they know what I want better than I do. It's only when I hear about certain features that I know I want that. So if I could tell them one thing, Keep knowing what I want before I do :p

I guess I'd probably just confirm with them the features I'm interested in so if they ever enter a discussion to maybe scrap it, they can think of me and maybe give it another shot/

So things that interest me -

• More Interesting Combat system, no one wants to stand there spamming the same key
    • Paths and Crossing-Paths
    • Elder Game areas crossing over, capturing raid boss using it in PvP etc.
    • 40 Man Raids return - and challenging, hardest <REDACTED> in the game is not for those who don't work for it
    • Hobbies - I put this hear because I heard one mention it and it interests me, Although I have no idea what it could be, fishing has been done before so Blah, but I'm interested in the potential of this idea
  20. Kytty

Kytty Cupcake-About-Town

All I ask is later down the track that they dont cave to whiney cry baby's and make everything easy mode. I love a good challenge. Even if it means wiping a lot. Challenge breeds a sense of achievement. Facerolling does not.

Also .. I know you seem to be putting in an LFG/LFD.but please rethink this. Personally I think it kills all sense of community. Groups built this way dont seem to talk asmuch. If you must implement this please restrict it to your server only. None of this cross server <REDACTED>. I like to get to know players on my server and make friendships through playing and grouping.

And no insta port to dungeins. Make us travel there or similar to summoning stones / warlocks used to be in Wow. I want to see the world and earn the rightto enter a dungeon or raid through attinement. Not all dungeons but some.

Cant wait gor releas
    Milamilou and Aheadache like this.