1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

If you could tell the Devs one thing...

Discussion in 'WildStar General' started by Locke, May 22, 2013.

1. Aheadache

Aheadache Well-Known Cupcake

I would tell the devs to not be so greedy on loot drops and try to keep the grinding for crafting item drops to a reasonable level. Really rare stuff is fine to be really rare but don't make me spend days in a zone looking for 5 Frathermuttengluggers for a Hepyonaymantermeter that's required to level crafting. :geek:

And would like an equivalent event like Onyxia on a weekly timer. Cool Boss, cool event, low trash mobs, hard enough to cause the need for thinking and team work \ coordination. And take a week or a few to get down in early raid gear, on a large scale. Loot at the level of early raiding, starting progression level.
    And then soloable when a few expansions come and the level cap has increased, to waste time and see cool videos on youtube. :coffee:
  2. Shishioh

Shishioh New Cupcake

Everyone in the MMO community are pretty much agreed on what casual and hardcore means, there might be debate regarding what box to put a specific player in but very little debate regarding what the terms "hardcore" and "casual" means.

Here's the wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gamer

Listen, bro. I know I've made it sound like I was attacking you and for that I apologize if that's how you percieved my replies. But get my side of the story aswell!

I was a very avid 40 man raider back in Vanilla WoW and I freakin' loved it! We knew about 40% of the people there were prolly afk havin a shower, but that didn't mean that what we killed felt like the best thing in the world at the time.

When WoW shifted it's interest to cater to a larger playerbase by forcing downtuned raids and raidwide buffs on everyone raiding, it just killed it for me. In my mind raiding should be something undertaken by the people who have the drive to want to kill the hardest badass in the game and be rewarded for it.

If Wildstar Devs feels the need in the future to tune down raids so more people can kill the head honcho Eldan uberboss, I'm all for that! BUT, if so, I would like the people who choose to go down the easy road get something a bit less for it than a person who made the effort to kill it on hardmode.

Say the person who killed the nerfed boss gets a pink pair of shoulderguards with slightly less stats instead of the guy who killed it on hardmode and gets a black/golden spiked awesomeguards with uberstats.

There's alot you can do regarding it, but that's what I'd like to see.
  3. Catrike

Catrike Cupcake-About-Town

PVP servers to stay PVP.. Allow PvP servers to have more Open PvP Zones.. Plz ty
  4. Grimnar40k

Grimnar40k Cupcake-About-Town

Have flight like it is in Firefall maybe. The gliders are really fun but frustrating at times. It actually takes skill and can save you time getting from A to B. Most of all, they're fun!

My whole issue, as a lot that don't like flying is that it ruins almost any chance of random world PvP encounters. If they do put flight in game it needs to be like 10 second cast like the old Hearthstone in WoW.

Another argument against flight is that it trivializes all the hard work the Devs put into painting us an amazing world to play in. Instead of being in the thick of it, fighting our way through this hostile unexplored world we simply mount up and fly over it all and miss 95% of it. All of the thousands of hours of work they poured into hand crafting this game for us...
    Milamilou and Catrike like this.
  5. Grimnar40k

Let's hope this isn't how it turns out. Their intention is for the house to be a stopping point each day but that the game would pull us out into the world. And honestly, why would you play an MMO with such a mind boggling amount of content and sit in your house all day?

If you happen to be the type that only logs in to raid or sits in town in queue for PvP then that's not really Carbine's fault and having a new game to play probably won't change that. That just happens to be how that person likes to play and Carbine has stated several times they want people to play the way they want.
  6. Dedlaw

Dedlaw Cupcake-About-Town

Just one thing?

For the love of God, DON'T RUSH IT!!!!

I'd rather wait another year for release than play a game that is as clear as daylight not yet ready for release.
  7. FairyTailisBack

FairyTailisBack Cupcake-About-Town

We have intergalactic space ships, but we are forced to use gliders for transportation?
    Serious? Come on! :)
    Catrike likes this.
  8. Grimnar40k

Have you played Firefall? They are pretty cool gliders =)

But if we're about keeping realism I guess the others games get it right cause you can summon a 5 ton dragon out of your ass. That makes much more sense. =)
    Afrotech and Milamilou like this.
  9. Groossum

Groossum Cupcake-About-Town

About difficulty range, it be great if you could balance the dungeons for the size of the group starting it.
    Lets say you want to solo (or small group) a place to learn the lay of the land and the ennemies, ajusting the loot and the power of the mobs accordingly be interesting . Sometimes its fun just to get your hands dirty without pissing a group of strangers off (or for a quick dungeon).
    But, for large guilds with time to work the challenge, make it hard and rewarding. This way, if I see a toon riding that a rare space thingmajig he looted from that scray raid, I'll cheer for him/her and make a respectful salute. But if everyone rides one, meh.
    I compare this to mini glof vs a real golf course. Let me learn to putt without having 10 ppl waiting for me because I dont do it perfect the 10 times (I know, mini golf is not the same putting as a green, you get the idea). Also, I hate to turn to the Net for a video of some group who did it before, learn it by heart and then try it.

Anyway, you guys work it. You rock!!!
  10. ShaolinKitsune

ShaolinKitsune New Cupcake

Who need gliders or Intergalactic space ships....we have Aurins! They can just stick their asses in the air and twirl their tails and helicopter around like tails does in Sonic!
  11. Illiterate93

Illiterate93 New Cupcake

I know this sounds silly.. But please let me be able to inspect people!!
    It was frustrating in GW2 seeing an awesome piece of gear and not knowing what it was.
    Small features like that made it hard for me to stay : /
  12. Groossum

Groossum Cupcake-About-Town

I agree with you there (I'm a casual, sometime raiding but not hardcore player) and I would respect a game with raids loot tailored to the group level. The harder the best loot stats items. Easy mode raid, less top stats and different looking item loot. Maybe Wow had to tune it down on the argument of people saying I pay 15$ too so I want the same top items. If (not allowed to mention Wildstar future money model here) was not pressure by this monthly obligation...hopefully they can keep it hard for Hardcore and fun for the casual ppl without being a gear race. Laterz...on Nexus.
    Shishioh likes this.