1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Image of all known Aurin ear variations

Discussion in 'WildStar Races' started by InnocentCivilian, Mar 9, 2013.

1. EllipsisTV

EllipsisTV New Cupcake

Personally I have no problem with having a male Aurin however, from what I've seen of males in this race, they are looking pretty..... Feminine.

(http://www.blogcdn.com/massively.joystiq.com/media/2012/11/wildstar.jpg)

I'd like to get my hands on the character creator so that I can see if i really want to play the Aurin race. As of right now, there is no class I'd like to play more than the Esper, however, if male Aurin don't get any more masculine that we've seen, I might have to consider playing another race. This would disappoint me because I'm in love with the lore surrounding the Aurin.
  2. Flawz

Flawz Cupcake-About-Town

in that picture the male aurin look short and stumpy.. even though the female are still short. they still have a lengthy look too them. hope the male aurin don't look Dwarfish with short stubby bodies. Hope they are taller than the females cuz my GF wants to play Aurin as well and the short and helpless don't worry hunny ill protect my little man jokes will commence and never end lol.. but if they are I hope they have a lengthy look. but its no big deal in the long run just funny she will get a kick out of it :p /cross fingers for height sliders and body thickness sliders
  3. shadowclasper

shadowclasper Cupcake-About-Town

I personally really like the way the sexual dimorphism is going this time. About time the girls were head and shoulders taller than the guys. Especially since the Aurin gals seem to nearly universally in their pictures be wearing stripperific armor (seriously, look at the boobage on our original bunny-girl esper to the left here on the forum. That's like begging for somebody to put a bullet through your heart, which is completely exposed with way her clothing emphasizes her cleavage. The heart is lower and further to the right than most people think).

I'm more worried about the guys not looking LANKY enough. While it doesn't seem to be a problem in most of the pictures, they're mostly head shots, not full body shots, and it kinda looks like the male aurin are going for stocky more than lanky. No thank you. Keep the entire race lithe.
    Androssi and Huffle Puff like this.
  4. Flawz

Flawz Cupcake-About-Town

I completely agree please please keep the whole race LANKY (skinny/slender) no matter how short. Not every race needs to have Stocky Males!!! i hope they are taller than the females but if not at least make them lanky and not dwarfy looking. takes away from it i think.
  5. shadowclasper

I don't hold much hope for it. None of the girls are petite, and they're drawing inspiration from comic books and saturday morning cartoons... I think cartoonish proportions with curvy gals and manly men is the order for the day :S
  6. Jetscookie

Jetscookie New Cupcake

Still going to go for the rabbit ears though...
  7. Revon

Revon Well-Known Cupcake

Here is my collection of male Aurin screenshots from the Dev Speak Housing video:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I would love to see more if anyone has any others in storage :geek:
    Izukar and ruff_ethereal like this.
  8. shadowclasper

wow, just, wow.

Aurin males are FREAKING TINY

Hey, giant micky mouse ears on an aurin female. Behind the sitting granok on the right hand side of the crafting station.
  9. Naunet

Naunet Well-Known Cupcake

I really have to ask: What in that image of a male aurin says "feminine" to you? That he isn't big and beefy? >_> That's not an exclusively feminine trait.

I agree with others in hoping they keep male aurin as lithe as the females - also that female aurin get to look as ferocious as the male aurin graphic on Carbine's official page!
    Androssi and Raith like this.
  10. EllipsisTV

EllipsisTV New Cupcake

Oh sorry, Ididn't mean to offend.

First off let me say this; it is definitely not because thwy arent big and bulky. In games a generally try to stay away from that body type. It doesn't appeal to me.
    As for what makes them look feminine I can't quite put my finger on it, it may be the silky smooth looking skin, the curvature of the face or rosy cheeks, maybe a combination. I'm not sure :/
    I'm all for having these things as options but for me I think I'd want to see a more battle worn face or something.

Once again I didn't mean to offend, I'm sorry if I did.
    And have a good day and a great night

-Ellipsis
    Naunet likes this.
  11. Liris

Liris Cupcake-About-Town

It's been confirmed that the third picture from the right here is a male Aurin, so I wouldn't be surprised to see a more savage/less "smooth" face option available (you might have already known this, but just in case). http://www.wildstar-online.com/en/the-game/races/

:inlove: the bat/bat wing ears.
  12. Theloanwanderer216

Theloanwanderer216 New Cupcake

the bat ears look very interesting, I wonder if there are different tails as well.
  13. Revon

Revon Well-Known Cupcake

I think the Aurin use their tails for balance (and maybe to grab branches...?) while climbing and jumping on trees, so I'd imagine they all have a long tail. So far all screenshots I've seen have had the same tail for every Aurin, too. The females seem to have a fluffier tail, but that's the only difference I've noticed in the handful of screenshots I've seen (I say we need more Aurin screenshots! MOAR!)
  14. ImmortalExile

ImmortalExile Cupcake-About-Town

I have only seen the one type of tail on all the Aurin Models. Both male and female. Maybe it's just a part of character creation they haven't revealed to us yet... I was hoping to make a lion type tail, but I really don't mind the tail as it is, either.
    With the different ear variations and fur color/skin color combos, I feel pretty confident that I can make a unique looking Aurin.
    HereWeGo likes this.
  15. Silas Jasar

Silas Jasar Cupcake-About-Town

There are different tails. I remember the aurin thats caught up in the twister in the dev speak video for housing had a little bit of a thicker tail that rounded out at the end.
  16. Revon

Revon Well-Known Cupcake

If you scroll up I posted that screenshot a while ago here. :geek: I think it's just the way the male Aurin's tail looks, because all the males seem to have that kind of tail, while the female tails are a bit fluffier at the end. I might be wrong, but that's what it looks like to me from the few blurry screenshots I've seen so far.
  17. ImmortalExile

ImmortalExile Cupcake-About-Town

I guess I kind of see the difference between the tails. It's hard to really see though. I do notice that all the tails have that "ring" at the end, and it appears like the ring looks like you can change the colors....
  18. Revon

Revon Well-Known Cupcake

Two new screenshots from the new Devspeak video.

2:48 in the video, hard to get a good screenshot but I think this is the same ear type as the "butterfly" in OP's pic.
    [​IMG]

2:49 mins. This one is a bit stranger... where are her ears?!

[​IMG]
    Androssi and Fate Flyer like this.
  19. Rostinoble

Rostinoble New Cupcake

I honestly wouldn't mind if Aurin males were small or feminine. There are multiple perks to this. The first perk is that you are a much smaller target in PvP. It may not seem like much of a difference, but when you're in that giant Warplot battle, and you're a squishy class, it's nice to be unnoticed. The second perk is running. Smaller, mousy characters feel like they run faster and feel more mobile, therefor wearing a bit less on the patience sometimes. Larger characters feel so clunky and slow sometimes.

Yes, I will agree they are feminine, but meh. And it's not just slim stature. They have large, pretty-boy eyes, thin and curvy waists, and heart-shaped faces. Just a fact you might have to deal with if you really want to be a male Aurin. I like the male Aurin and I am dead set on playing an Aurin Spellslinger. Not sure what kind of ears I want yet, though.
    Androssi and HereWeGo like this.
  20. Lunacat

Lunacat Cupcake

As a girl I've never played as a male character, just never seemed to fit. Wildstar might just be the first one that I actually play as a male, especially if he's little and I can put cat ears on him :inlove: