1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Instead of Spamming F for breaking out of stuns

Discussion in 'WildStar General' started by azmundai, Aug 21, 2013.

1. azmundai

azmundai Well-Known Cupcake

EDIT : bad sense of humor getting in the way again.

instead of just spamming F, what if escaping cc requires you to use a random sequence of key commands (1-5) for example. so number 2 would appear. you press it and number 5 appears, then 4, then 1, then 4, then 3 ... random sequence you actually have to pay attention to.

if possible it should just read whatever keys / gamepad buttons the player has assigned to abilities (or movement) and use those.

alternately, make it a left / right sequence that simulates balance. So you have to keep your character upright by countering it's stumbling.

just a(some) suggestion(s). (love the idea(s) sofar tho :coffee:)
    Ramminar Dixon likes this.
  2. Infamouz

Infamouz Well-Known Cupcake

I was thinking the same, I could easily macro my F button to be pushed every 1ms. Then again Carbine has many ways to counter this, and the game is still on beta so by no means are the systems writen in the stone.
    Ramminar Dixon likes this.
  3. BonusStage

BonusStage Well-Known Cupcake

F Spam is just for stun, confusion, blind and other disables will still be pretty effective regardless of macros.

i agree that spaming F will be easy to macro, but a combination of skills will just mess up with my key bindings, if F is set to stun break, i already wont be able to use it for any other skill, if they ask for more keys, where will my binds go?
  4. Dyraele

Dyraele "That" Cupcake

Is this a game suggestion? This is not the WS beta forums, not official WS forums either.
  5. BonusStage

BonusStage Well-Known Cupcake

We cant post there...
  6. Dyraele

Dyraele "That" Cupcake

My mistake, I thought OP was a beta tester making a suggestion with his C example. Didn't know if that was something actually seen in the game.

EDIT: I realize now this is the CC Devspeak where we can break out of control.
  7. Vaos

Vaos Cupcake

Your if statement makes a key sequence execute whenever f isn't being spammed, which seems to be the opposite of what you describe afterwards?
  8. azmundai

lol .. idk. I was just trying to make things interesting.
  9. Tribe

Tribe Well-Known Cupcake

10. azmundai

really wasn't worried about people macroing it, but rather making it more interesting than just spamming 1 button.
    Xevius likes this.
  11. Gronky

Gronky Cupcake-About-Town

I don't use keyboard but keypad so only way to make it work would be through key binds and then everybody can have keys bounded differently so one combination can be easy to type for you and tough for somebody else. And then they would have to show combination like this: go left, jump, fireball, ... and you would have to remember under what keys all those actions are. Nonsense, imo.
    Edit: Currently I see that "spam" key to be bounded in the game settings to any button.
  12. Cazargar

Cazargar Cupcake

Along the same lines I hope that disorient maps the keys randomly. If it's always an up is down kind of thing people may actually get good at it lol. Making them map randomly it pretty true to the stun as you have to take a second to even figure out which button ended up with the direction you'er trying to go.
  13. azmundai

yea that looks so awesome :D
  14. CaRaDaGaiTa

CaRaDaGaiTa Cupcake-About-Town

A dev said macros will not work because they will limit how fast the system will acept the F spam.

But how about they make a random sequence of keys WASD to press.

TOOK STUN

the game displays: AAWS

if you press, you free, if you miss, you take full duration!
  15. selodaoc

selodaoc Cupcake-About-Town

Im more worried about classes that rely alot on CC (Assassins and Mage classes) will get very hurt becouse of this.
    Not that i like beeing locked down 100-0% but those classes need their cc not to die instantly themselves.
  16. Borz

Borz Cupcake-About-Town

Good news, there is neither Assassin nor Mage class in Wildstar :up:

And it's not like you can really determine if any class needs CC without actually playing the game.
  17. Kalmander

Kalmander Well-Known Cupcake

I agree, I would prefer something else. The tether, disarm, confusion, blind, knockdown, they all seem pretty fun, and require certain skill (going for the weapon, trying the movement keys... carefully... keeping energy for rolls, etc). But just spamming F seems pretty cheap... F spam is brainless, and will just tire you out, or damage your keyboard... Oh, and the people with macro keyboards as mentioned by other posters would have an advantage in PVP.

The keeping something balanced, or a sequence of keys sounds a bit more engaging...
  18. BlindSear

BlindSear Super Cupcake

To the OP:
    When I'm stunned the first thing that comes to mind is "oh eff" and if it's a long stun I think "eff eff eff eff!"
  19. Xo1o

Xo1o Cupcake

How about solving a Math problem instead? "Breakout gameplay: what is 7*33/245?"
  20. Xevius

Xevius Cupcake

^^ This I like.

Make it interesting, make the player really work for it.

Spamming 1 button is too easy.
    CaRaDaGaiTa likes this.