1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Inter-faction Relationships

Discussion in 'WildStar Races' started by Sweetloaf, Jun 20, 2013.

1. Sweetloaf

Sweetloaf Cupcake

Hello! New here, but i've been reading up on a lot of the lore and race information and it has led me to believe that there may be (should be) inter-faction hostility amongst the races. I really can't imagine a Granok and an Aurin becoming
    close pals. Same goes for Draken and the possible Chua race.

So what do you all think? Heated rivalries both within and without? Or will everyone get along because why not?
  2. Myrrdhinn

Myrrdhinn Well-Known Cupcake

Uhm... The Granoks and the Aurins are on the same side. They are both Exiles.

Other than that, yeah I imagine, there will be great hostility and rivalry between the factions. :)
  3. Kataryna

Kataryna Super Cupcake

he's talking fighting inside the faction. i don't think it'll be so. they've said (covertly) that the "evil mad scientist race" of the dominion make the things for the Draken to kill, so no fighting between the Draken and the Chua ;-)
  4. Myrrdhinn

Myrrdhinn Well-Known Cupcake

Aaaah... i see. I misunderstood him. $
  5. Revon

Revon Well-Known Cupcake

Uh, I got the impression that while Granok and Aurin have their differences, they still get along just fine. There was also a gameplay video with dev commentary where they said the Draken and Chua are good buds, since they both like killing things.
  6. Wormwood

Wormwood Cupcake

While the Exiles are all incredibly different, I get the impression they all get along pretty well, probably since they're in similarly bad situations => Common Bonding through Shared Suffering

With the Dominion however, i can certainly see tension. Mechari might see themselves as overlords, Cassians as the Chosen and Chua as the most intelligent of the lot. Draken, though the most violent, would probably get along the best with the other races of the Dominion...though that's not saying that much...
  7. Domi Dayglow

Domi Dayglow Super Cupcake

The Exiles kind of remind me as a dysfunctional family. They might fight and argue a lot between themselves, but it's all in good spirit like how sibling squabble. Then become really united when an outsider (like the Dominion) threatens them.

If Chau are super sciencey race for the Dominion, Draken might love them because they make bigger and better and more inventive ways for the draken to collect heads!
  8. Blackwolfe

Blackwolfe New Cupcake

That doesn't exclude hostilities between those two races. Even if they do make things for the Draken, that can be simply because they are ordered to do so, or to simply further their own means. While, the draken might hate the Chua but since the Chua make stuff for the Draken, well.. they might be both hating on eachother but won't openly attack. Who knows :)
  9. Celtkhan

Celtkhan Well-Known Cupcake

The prefix "inter-" means a connection between disparate systems, such as the "internet" being a network between widely separated resources.

What you were looking for is "intra-", meaning within a single enclosed system. "Will there be intrafaction rivalries?"

We have seen no evidence so far. Granoks are just big, rocky wubbybears.
    Eluldor, Apostate and Dragon like this.
  10. Steampunkette

Steampunkette Cupcake-About-Town

Intrafaction Hostility? Aurins vs Anyone that hurts pretty flowers. Granok vs Anyone that keeps them from their beer. >.>

To be more serious. They'll probably have some friendly intra-faction RIVALRIES but not open hostilities. Closer to Legolas in Gimli in the battle of Helm's Deep.

As for inter-faction race-specific hostilities? I'm gonna go with:

Aurin-Mechari. The Aurin are nature-revering space bunnies. The Mechari are machines. Expect a little bit of the Magic vs Tech dichotomy between these two races trying to prove the superiority of one or the other.

Draken-Granok. The Draken revere combat, death, and honor. The Granok are mercenaries who fight on a whim. The Draken will probably have a fairly one-sided hate on for the Granok's disrespectful and dishonorable nature according to their cultural standards.

Cassian/Human. Each side will revile the other as the worst of "Humanity". Expect a lot of "Underdog" reasoning for why you should support the Humans.

Chua/Space-Zombie-Cyborg-Pirate-Ninja-Monkey-Trochee. The Mad Scientist and it's experiment will come up a lot between these two. The tiny Chua will have the other race as a constant reminder of "Science Gone Wrong" and it will be, in large part, the "Burden" the Exile race takes on.

I could, easily, be wrong. It's just how I currently see it. As for Exiles vs Dominion expect a lot of the Native American Metaphor against the US Military metaphor. Undersupplied and outgunned low-tech Exiles trying to hold on to "Their Land" as the Dominion comes in with full on Manifest Destiny.

-Rachel-
    Vox_Populi likes this.
  11. Sweetloaf

Sweetloaf Cupcake

Yep, intra is what I was going for. Posted off my phone, didn't catch the typo. Sad to hear that it seems less likely that there will be any caustic relations between allies, though I'm sure there's exceptions. I've read a bit more now on the Granok/Aurin relationship and it does seem to be mostly positive stuff. Either way, maybe the last Exile race can bring the pain within, while the Dominion brings it without!

P.S. Thanks for all the quick replies and not eating my head for the typo :p
  12. kuunkulta

kuunkulta Cupcake-About-Town

Actually the Aurin owe a big debt to the Granok! When the Dominion invaded Arboria (Aurin homeworld), humans smuggled the Aurin out of the planet (well most of them) while the Granok harassed the Dominion blockade keeping them busy.
  13. Genoshock

Genoshock Cupcake-About-Town

this whole thread comes down to this : "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" ....

now the admins can lock this useless thread
  14. kuunkulta

kuunkulta Cupcake-About-Town

Why bother posting if you don't have anything worthwhile to say? If you'd bother reading posts before you or some of the lore articles provided by devs, you'd realize how wrong your statement actually is.

Anyways, we don't know pretty much anything about the last Exiles race, who knows if they have some beef with others? If they are the zombies everyone's speculating them to be, maybe they have some sort of rivalry with the Granok for the frontline badass stature or something
  15. Sweetloaf

Sweetloaf Cupcake

Love you, too, babybear. Even if your post makes no sense.

After some extensive reading on the subject (8 hours to be exact) I have come to understand that the Granok/Aurin relationship is very clearly a foil friendship. Completely different ideologies, but they "complete" one another. Giant stone softies!

It also appears that everyone is sick of Buck's shiet.
    Eluldor likes this.
  16. Eluldor

Eluldor Cupcake-About-Town

Yes, the Granok follow something known as the Way of Stone (they use to at least) and they use to be farmers and brewers. Pretty down to earth folks like the Aurin.

This seems inconsistent from your thread. Wouldn't the Native Americans be the indigenous races that are often not included in the story at all? The Exiles and Dominion will both be stomping them... That Manifest Destiny thing works for the Dominion, but not seeing a strong relation to Exiles here. French fur trappers trying to make money and a new life for themselves, possibly? I like taking WildStar for what it is, instead of trying to compare some historical situations, which plenty of folks are poorly informed on (not saying you), and they don't hold up for me.