1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

IP Question ?

Discussion in 'WildStar General' started by Socoth, Dec 8, 2013.

1. Socoth

Socoth New Cupcake

Hey all,
    Just wondering if anyone might happen to know if an always changing IP Address is going to cause problems with the game?

Exp: In my line of work it is not unusual for me to be in one country one week then another the next. This causes some log in problems some games *coughSWTORcough*. If no one has an idea I am just tossing it out for the Devs, trust me the forward deployed guys who want to play will love you if we don't get locked out every few months.
  2. Sero

Sero Cupcake

The NCSOFT account page already makes you verify every new IP right now so I would imagine it could be something similar in Wildstar.
  3. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

Waht this guy says. It won't cause problem, I would've had the same problem seeing as I use atleast 4 different IP adresses.
    But NCsoft has options for this :up:
  4. hoss87

hoss87 New Cupcake

Does anyone know if there is a way to deactivate this IP feature on NCSoft ? Every night I get a different IP from my provider. It kind of sucks to have to confirm the new IP every day. Especially since the confirmation mails from NCSoft are not as reliable as they should be. Sometimes they show up instantaneously and sometimes it takes more than 2 hours for the email to arrive.
  5. Wildebeest

Wildebeest Cupcake

Yeah as said above, I don't see how you could have any problems though, ncsoft games tend to have the overzealous, annoying authentication requirements.
  6. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

Why do they give you a different IP every night? Why not fix that?

Ps love you profile picture :D
    hoss87 likes this.
  7. Livnthedream

Livnthedream Super Cupcake

Guessing because he is on DSL.
  8. filanwizard

filanwizard Cupcake-About-Town

My guess is maybe he has DSL that still uses the now rare PPPoE.
  9. RavenWind

RavenWind Well-Known Cupcake

Yeah, that's kind of unusual if you are not physically moving around a lot. Even w/o a Static IP you should lease the current IP for more than a day. Most routers default to 30 days and then you renew and take the same IP unless someone else has already grabbed it. Are there more users than available IPs where you are at?
  10. Sero

Sero Cupcake

I also get a new IP every night, I guess standard procedure with my provider.
  11. hoss87

hoss87 New Cupcake

Regarding fixed IP's, in Germany most Providers change the IP's of their customers once per day (I don't know for security reasons I suppose). But friends of mine with different providers sometimes have fixed IP's, most of them prefer dynamic ones though.
    I don't really want a fix IP so I was hoping I could change it somehow in the security of NCSofts account management. But I can't seem to find an option for it :).
  12. RavenWind

RavenWind Well-Known Cupcake

You might try to PM Anlath from Carbine. He/She is the EU W* community Rep and might have some suggestions for you.
    hoss87 likes this.
  13. Socoth

Socoth New Cupcake

My Japanese egg changes each day, but my cable does not. One of my friends next door has a changing IP from his cable provider. I think its an over seas thing, its very common in Japan, Philippines, Korea, Indonesia, Thailand, and China. Over all its a pain in the rear for gaming.
  14. Nicodemus

Nicodemus Well-Known Cupcake

I think you should be fine, as long as the game doesn't have you locked into a region, like some other games.

Sucks cause military personnel had to purchase two licences.
  15. Draxus

Draxus Cupcake

Well why don't you guys try a game from NCsoft list? You can easily check it.
    I do not have the client from L2 Na installed here. That NCsoft management IP checking was there, but it was not linked to the in-game login. I'm not sure how it will be with WildStar.
  16. iway

iway New Cupcake

if i remember right GW2 had something when u started the game asking if this was the IP u where coming form. was basically the X.X.X.X. then the general town i was in. but that was a few years ago. if carbine uses the same type of tech. most of the ppl here may be okay. assuming u don't move majorly.

IP Address:
    City:
    Region:

i tried to log in to the web site again and got the above. had to allow access. mind u this was all in the online account access area.