1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

IRC Chat Settings

Discussion in 'Member Resources' started by Mr.Mike, Aug 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr.Mike

Mr.Mike Original Founder

The instructions below will assist our members and guests to connect to the unofficial #WildStarIRC channel.

Web IRC

The unofficial Web IRC will connect community members to the unofficial #WildStar IRC channel. The Web IRC is ideal for community members who are behind firewalls, at work or simply not familiar with using a IRC client.

To connect via the Web IRC page simply click the Chat link in the main menu and login.

If you're a guest, please remember to change your nick by entering a new one in the "Choose a nickname" text box when the page loads.

IRC Client Settings

If you would like to use your own IRC client and are confident in setting it up, enter the below information into your IRC client:

Most Often Used IRC Commands

To register your nickname, type:
    Make sure you use a password you will remember and a real email address, since it will be required to validate your account.

Example: /ns register Celsus pass123 my@email.com

In order to complete your registration, you must copy and paste the command found in the GlobalGamers account verification email.

To authenticate (in other words: login) to your NickServ account any time you connect to GlobalGamers after registering,, type:

To change your nick use the command, type:

Example: /nick Celsus

To perform an emote, type:

Example: /me slaps Aether with a sweaty wet sock

Recommended IRC Clients

IceChat is a popular IRC (Internet Relay Chat) client and is a very user friendly program that can be setup in a matter of a minutes. IceChat is capable of connecting to multiple servers and channels all at once, with ease, so you can easily chat with your friends in your favorite channels. IceChat is my personal choice because it's powerful, yet very simple and easier to use than mIRC.

Download IceChat

mIRC is a popular IRC (Internet Relay Chat) client used by millions of people, and thousands of organizations, to communicate, share, play and work with each other on IRC networks around the world. Serving the Internet community for over a decade, mIRC has evolved into a powerful, reliable and fun piece of technology.

Download mIRC

Auto Perform

Both mIRC and IceChat can auto perform the commands to join channels when you connect. In mIRC, this is called Perform and in IceChat its called Auto Perform.

Copy and paste the below commands into your IRC client's perform or auto perform settings:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.