1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Is everyone aurin/mechari?

Discussion in 'WildStar Races' started by column, Jun 17, 2013.

?

Are you Aurin, Mechari, or neither?

1. Mechari

13.3%
  2. Aurin

22.9%
  3. Neither

63.8%
  1. Vargas

Vargas New Cupcake

Chua stalker! YES please. If not transformer it is.
    MrDreadful likes this.
  2. Nayukhuut`Chet

Nayukhuut`Chet Cupcake

Hehe, fair enough. I wish I could say the same, but I've watched so much Red Dwarf and Doctor Who that a British accent just sounds normal to me. :)
    Cartographer likes this.
  3. Wormwood

Wormwood Cupcake

I'll be exploring Nexus as a Gruff Male Granok myself...
  4. Domi Dayglow

Domi Dayglow Super Cupcake

I think I'm going to make at least one aurin and a human when things start. Mostly, I'll be exile, but if I do try Dominion it will be a mechari. I'm really not sure why. I guess because draken don't seem that interesting to me and cassians are just humans for the most part. Mostly. Mechari are different. I think a lot of popular choices for Mechari are influenced from the Path video. Carbine really made the mechari look good there.

First character will be an aurin stalker! Then a human esper. Then probably a aurin or human spellslinger though!
  5. Bravadorado

Bravadorado Cupcake-About-Town

So... Buck's voice you find completely ridiculous, but an Irish accent you are totally okay with and used to?

[​IMG]

Irish is one of those accents that either sounds really silly or really cool, but I would never label it as "normal" or something I'd be used to. I'm pretty sure like literally half of the USA speaks just like Buck, with another third speaking like Kit (Southern) and then the last bit is New Jersey and the rest of those really secluded accents.
  6. Vox_Populi

Vox_Populi New Cupcake

I had intended to go Mechari, but after reading more of the lore it's gonna have to be Draken.
    25% voted for Aurin here..wow, just wow.
  7. Bravadorado

Well, the vast majority of the people coming here are the ones who care/are bored enough to say no, or the people who are in fact going mechari/aurin. The poll is too small and too biased to actually give an accurate representation of the racial balance.

Also 25% isn't as much as it seems. If the "Neither" option is split into equal parts then it ends up like this:
    Mechari: 9.0%
    Aurin: 25.2%
    Cassian: 10.9%
    Human: 10.9%
    Granok: 10.9%
    Draken: 10.9%
    Chua: 10.9%
    Redacdead: 10.9%

Considering how biased the poll is and the fact that anime bunny girls/guys are obviously very popular, it isn't a big deal.
  8. Genoshock

Genoshock Cupcake-About-Town

when
    u say human u mean cassian right?
  9. Bravadorado

No I meant Human, I put in "on the exile side of things" to say that I was going exile and there was no chance of me being dominion.
  10. Deimos

Deimos Cupcake

I'm planning on going Cassian, my back up is Mechari though.
  11. Valento

Valento Cupcake

Although I'll be on Exiles side, I have to agree that Mechari are an unique race, if I ever roll a Dominion char it will probably be a Mechari.
  12. Cartographer

Cartographer Cupcake-About-Town

Buck sounds like hes trying to put on a gruff "coyboy" accent, so yes, he sounds ridiculous (more for sounding like he's putting it on than for the accent itself), and very little like most of the Americans I've ever spoken to.

Through work I deal with a load of people in Albuquerque and Santa Fe, NM so I barely hear their accents any more (likewise generic Californian doesn't sound odd to me either) and a guy at my cycling club is originally from Boston (boy, now that is an accent!) so I'm quite used to his too.

I wouldn't pretent to know even a small fraction of the accents in my own country, let alone the US, but every time I've been to Georgia or Tennessee I've had to stifle laughs whenever people speak. I realise it's terribly rude, but I just can't help it.
  13. Bravadorado

Everything else aside, and don't hear the gruff cowboy thing at all. Look up Samuel L. Jackson, or anything bu Clint Eastwood, those are gruff cowboy accents. Buck just talks... normal. There are like no defining characteristics to his voice. Gruff is like the worst word to describe it lol, he uses some slang, other than that I don't see any distinctive accent.
  14. Cartographer

That's so weird, to me he sounds like when Matthew Modine in Full Metal Jacket is doing a John Wayne impression, almost intentionally false.
  15. Blackwolfe

Blackwolfe New Cupcake

Yes, I'll be Aurin/Mechari.. BUT, I'll also be all the other races on the side that my guild decides on (oh and at least one char for each class). As an altoholic I wouldn't have it any other way ;)
  16. Bravadorado

Every played GW2? The guy who voices Logan Thackeray is the same that voices Buck. His name is Troy Baker and his voice acting is far from gruff western imo. Here is some of Logan Thackeray speaking which is very similar to Bucks voice. In fact, Logan's is more gruff, Buck has more of a fun sarcastic cool-guy thing going on. I am so bewildered that you hear that when for me it doesn't even sound remotely close to what you are describing ._. Are you confusing Buck with the Granok somehow? xD Because the Granok has the voice you are describing. Have you watched the trailer recently?
  17. Cartographer

Yeah, I know who he is and who he's voiced, and I couldn't stand Logan in GW2 either.
  18. Valento

Valento Cupcake

As a non-american player I see no problem with voice acting, actually I think it's well done and fits the characters perfectly... do they really sound that bad to you americans?
  19. Daynejah

Daynejah Cupcake

I don't understand why there isn't more female granok love?!?! As soon as I saw a granok I knew that's what my first character would be. Honestly, the aurin nor the mechari really appeal to me.
    Female granok warrior then female human esper
    will have to wait to see some unreleased things before I decide on the rest
  20. Bravadorado

I'm American and I think it sounds very good as well lol, it's Cartographer that thinks it's bad which I don't understand ._.