1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Is there any class you would like to see come in the future? For example...

Discussion in 'WildStar Classes & Paths' started by Alpen, Apr 28, 2014.

1. Alpen

Alpen New Cupcake

Like I would love a melee class that heals like in world of warcraft the paladin because i prefer dps as melee but i love to heal in raids etc. so a class that could do melee and heal would be awesome and my preference. Is there any particular class you would like to see added down the road? as im sure this mmo will add extra classes down the road if this whole game works out!!
  2. Kusiga

Kusiga Cupcake

What wrong with Medic sense you said dps as melee not tank.
  3. Bloodclott

Bloodclott Cupcake

I doubt I will ever see it in Wildstar but I have wished for the longest time for a fun Necromancer class

I despised GW2's one and I never played AoC, infact the only good ones I ever saw was in City of Villian's mastermind or Champion's magic abilities mixed with dark ones
  4. PalsyPlague

PalsyPlague Cupcake

I'd like to see my vision of a "Tricky Fish Tosser" or TFT come to life! There has never been a class in any mmo I have played that used fish-tossing as a primary damage-dealing style. As a dps this class would toss fish, and for a useful highly-demanded raid role the TFT would also toss fish. This class takes on the proud history and brute force of an Australian Tuna Tosser and combines it with a Pike Place tosser's precision.

As for the TFT's innate? Well, it looks like the community has already created a video of what it would be like to bask in the presence of its awesome power (see if you can guess which TFT is the better player):

5. Kataryna

Kataryna Super Cupcake

you ever try Rift's Necro-Mage tree?
  6. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

I think it would first be a technomancer of some sort.

But then again they had plans for a more ''dark'' sounded class in the first place, that is, if the early datamined classes were right. But nonetheless it shows us what way they were thinking of going, which to mee sounds a bit more ''magic'' like:

1. Shadow monk (became the stalker class)
    2. Charmer (magic based? or integrated into the Esper? Although they had both classes)
    3. Flux Reaver (became the engineer class)
    4. Elementalist (It does scream magic, doesn't it? Also I don't see it come back into the other classes)

Personally I would love to see a more alchemic kind of character, because that's kinda my cup of tea. If a game has the alchemie skill I have it!
    That character would spray poison with his sprayer on people, suddenly igniting it to turn the DoT into a burst damage spell. Helpfull fragrances to heal up allies or make them aroused.....:cautious:....
    Also kinda suits the whole Mordesh theme, doesn't it?

Kinda an alchemic based Bard character, but instead of songs he uses poisons/elixers/fragrances etc.
  7. Benevon

Benevon Cupcake-About-Town

Space minstrel/bard with sonic waves of doom. Nuff said.
  8. Domi Dayglow

Domi Dayglow Super Cupcake

Given how many elemental type of attacks a spellslinger has, I wonder if this class's concept was also rolled into the Spellslingers.

Before all the classes were announced I kept betting the Medic would be the Alchemist. It does sound like such a neat idea and the word 'alchemy' was tossed around near and after the release of the Mordesh.

The Eldan seemed to have no small amount of skill in Alchemy and their technology is beyond question. I wonder if how a class that combines the concept of technomancer and alchemist works out?
  9. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

To me the poisons/elixer etc he uses may contain huge amounts of nano-bugs that increase his abilities. That way the techno and alchemie aspects can be combined.

But indeed, looking at the Eldan either a nano or alchemie kind of class would make the most sence. Lore-wise it can easily be explained that by learning from the Eldan technology and other things they've learned enough to be a distinced class.
  10. Domi Dayglow

A big buzzword for the Eldan has always been "Primal Energy". It's where we get the big ice and snow creatures in the exile starting zone and some of the wind elementals. With that in mind do you think that naming a class "Primalist" and having one of their focuses being pets?
  11. t209

t209 Cupcake

Slaneesh will be pleased.
    Also how about subclasses
    - Like Engineer can choose either Infantry of Exo Suit armor.
    - Gunslinger as either officer or marksman
  12. gechos

gechos Cupcake

At the moment there is 2 melee 2 mid ranged and 2 ranged I think if they were to add a class or classes they should do 3 to add a new melee new mid and new full ranged class.

I think some kind of techno paladin for melee so maybe go with a power sword and shield and they could be either tank/dps or healer/dps. For the mid ranged I like the idea of say a Pyromancer style class that has a flamethrower for a weapon this could be a tank/dps class. And the last for ranged the technomancer or a technomist that uses nano packed potions or alchemy things to do damage or heal.

Atm i think having the Pyromancer as a tank/dps to make it 2 mid ranged tanks and 2 melee tanks would work a little better. Also I dont really see how a full ranged tank would work in this or any game tbh. The only other thing I think is the technomancer/mist should be a dps and buff/debuff class so we would keep even amount of tank and healer classes and would also make it a sort after class for raids to help buff the raid and debuff the boss/adds etc and would give it the bard style that seems to be popular (althou not by me :D ). That would make the paladin a dps/healer class as atm there isnt a full melee healer as medics are classed as mid ranged.

What you guys think of those ideas?
  13. Bloodclott

Bloodclott Cupcake

This is real late, but no I never tried Rift. I saw the Necro-Mage briefly though and it looks okay, I like Necromancer classes usually because they have multiple minions at your arsenal. Admittedly CoV's Mastermind started my craving for such a class as that game actually did pets well
  14. Grelin

Grelin Cupcake

A melee w/ a pet would be nice. Really enjoyed my White Lion in Warhammer Online. Was fairly tanky with great Dps and the pet had a lot of great abilities. Still wouldn't mind a Squig Herder like class from WAR or a Hunter type class from WoW. Would love to tame some of the animals from Wildstar to become my life long companion. Not to mention that range classes were always my favorite.
  15. Gray

Gray Podcaster

The greatest class ever made can still be played to this day in Age of Conan: The Bear Shaman. They should simply copy it in its entirety, borrow some stalker armor and call it a day. The class name is unimportant, lets call it the Malverine Shaman.

LOTRO's Captain is a close second.
  16. Domi Dayglow

Coming post launch first expansion, the Rowsdower Herder!

Strike fear into the hearts of your enemies as you order your Rowsdowers to.....chew grass! Make various noises! An make minefields of rowsdower-poop! Ride your Rowsdower into battle as a custom mount! Act now and get the special Augmented Rowsdower Costume pack!

Brought to you by Protostar! (warning: Protostar not responsible for rabid rowsdower bites. Launching your rowsdower from any catapult-like device will void the warranty)
  17. CaRaDaGaiTa

CaRaDaGaiTa Cupcake-About-Town

A class with gauntlets like Vi from league of legends or a Hammer class!
  18. Grelin

Grelin Cupcake

OOOOOOHHHH If only this was real!!! Ugh. I think I would be a sucker to buy that, whether it would be an expansion or small little micro-transaction. The Mount alone would be awesome.

I think I remember seeing one of the artist for Wildstar draw a Dev riding one bare chested or something like that. Was awesome...

EDIT:

[​IMG]
    Okay maybe not bare-chested but still awesome.
    CaRaDaGaiTa and Domi Dayglow like this.
  19. Rogosh

Rogosh Cupcake-About-Town

Neckromonger class manipulating death and tech. Robots and undead, and undead robots at your bidding. Dark powers and dark technology would rule this class.
  20. gravity lurk

gravity lurk New Cupcake

Well, For one, Alchemist seems like a good class. A lot of stuff in game refers to them or the study of Alchemy.

In game there is also three damage resistances. Physical, Tech, and Magic. So there is some Mystical powers here and there in wildstar. Well I guess that is known since the Esper focuses on Illusions which are mystical.

What I want to see in the future....

More "mid" range classes. Warrior and Stalker are melee classes with a few range abilities. Esper and spellslinger are range classes. Medic is kind of stuck inbetween. They are really close to melee range, but yet still just outside of it. Would love to see more of this 5-15 yard classes.

An additional melee class. Even if Medic is a mid-range class that hovers closer to melee, it is still a range'd class by Carbine's standards. So we have 2 melee and 4 range. Would like another melee to balance it a bit more.

Finally.... my dream set up would be 12 classes total.
    - 4 Heavy armor, 4 Medium armor, 4 Light armor
    - 4 Short range, 4 Mid range, 4 Long range
    - 6 Tanks, 6 healers, 12 DPS
    - Perfect Balance o-o