1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Is there or will there be actually a Hunter/Ranger class?

Discussion in 'WildStar Classes & Paths' started by Absolute, Apr 22, 2013.

1. Absolute

Absolute Cupcake

Preferably without a Pet ;-)

In anyway, I wanted to know if there is any information out there about a possible Hunter or Ranger class that works with a Bow. Any idea?
  2. Haversham

Haversham Cupcake-About-Town

Pretty sure the as-yet-unrevealed engineer class will have a rifle, not a bow, and may have access to mechanical pets.

The other as-yet-unrevealed class is probably a melee healer, so doesn't bear any resemblance to a ranger/hunter class.
  3. Soylentgreen

Soylentgreen Well-Known Cupcake

There's a dual pistol class and one of the unreleased classes is going to use a rifle it seems, these both shoot things so it's kinda like a bow. I'm afraid that's probably the closest you will come as all indications point to the unreleased classes using weapons other than bows.
  4. Guide

Guide Well-Known Cupcake

The Rifler will probably be the Ranger-type class. Spellslinger seems kinda hybrid with mechanics of both Ranger and Mage.
  5. Dean Fry

Dean Fry Cupcake

I am hoping the last two classes aren't pet based classes, it causes too many balance issues and having to rely on an AI can be very awkward if it isn't done correctly.

I doubt they will have the traditional bow & arrow type class but I think they might have a shapeshifter class and a engineer like class since it would fit the sci-fi theme.
    SiegaPlays likes this.
  6. Rumze

Rumze "That" Cupcake

If they introduce a possible pet class or shapeshifting class, id have to seriously consider having them as my main.
  7. Rai

Rai Cupcake-About-Town

There will be (vanity) pets, so not sure if they would even do petted-classes (or something) :up:
  8. Ellianar

Ellianar Cupcake-About-Town

A bow and pet based class woud definitely suit my fantasy here i doubt both of these aspects will ever be seen in WS. First bow doesnt seem adapted to the lore, a rifle class is to expect imo and i hardly see pets in boss fights or even trashs fights with the telegraphs system, they just would die instantly,

So yeah going for a rifle based class in the two unrevealed ones
  9. herbalz

herbalz Cupcake-About-Town

oooh shape shifter..like a sci-fi druid. now that would be cool, you could transform into different types of aliens! kinda like ben 10 alien force, but only way cooler...and not on cartoon network ;)
  10. SiegaPlays

SiegaPlays "That" Cupcake

A bow class is more in the fantasy genre. I suspect you get the options of dual pistols (spellslinger) or cannon/blaster class (engineer).
  11. azmundai

azmundai Well-Known Cupcake

it's doubtful at this point that there will be an actual bow in this game. as other have mentioned, it seems very likely that there will be rifles and there will be pistols.
  12. Alverad

Alverad Well-Known Cupcake

A bow might not fit the theme too well, a crossbow however....:p
  13. Sabre070

Sabre070 Cupcake-About-Town

No reason a techno bow wouldn't fit the game. But you're going to have to wait until an expansion to get your bow class. :p
  14. Grelin

Grelin Cupcake

What!? Why without a pet. I rather have a pet with my range class. If range class is your thing try esper or spellslinger.
  15. cecilandblues

cecilandblues Cupcake

I'm not against pets in principle, but I worry with the style of combat in Wildstar that Pets would end up being even more stupid than in Guild Wars 2

2013 is the "Year of the Bow" Tomb Raider, Crysis, Warframe. I wouldn't count it out entirely, but I agree with others that a Rifle class is far more likely.
    Críostóir likes this.
  16. Yinello

Yinello Cupcake-About-Town

I predict that once WS gives classes more than 1 weapon to choose from, they'll add bows.
  17. Ico

Ico Moderator • WSC's Gentle Flower

Changed that for ya :p. Not heard anything even remotely suggesting they'd open that design choice up!

On topic though, I think we'll see a pet class/2 handed gunner class in one of the final two (people are pretty set that a staff wielding healer is the other) just to round out those MMO Archetypes. Also notice how the Mechari art has them with hand blasters etc yet so far they can only play stalkers or warriors. So my question is...Where do the guns come from bro?!?!
  18. Sabre070

Sabre070 Cupcake-About-Town

^ beat me to the "if" statement.

I'd more like to see 1 class per weapon (if it is done right in the first place) then we can get a lot of different classes going, all with easy to see looks just from their weapon.
  19. Yinello

Yinello Cupcake-About-Town

xD I still hold on to that optimism that WS will give us more weapons. Personally I think it'd be a little boring if I could only use claws.

Considering Mechari can only be 2 classes right now, I'm pretty dang sure Mechari can also be one of the unknown classes if not both.
  20. Ico

Ico Moderator • WSC's Gentle Flower

Potentially, it seems the Mechari are unable to use magic though so it requires the next two classes to have their abilities centered round tech/weaponry. I will be disappointed if the Mechari don't get access to at least one range class though.