1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Is there or will there be actually a Hunter/Ranger class?

Discussion in 'WildStar Classes & Paths' started by Absolute, Apr 22, 2013.

1. BlindSear

BlindSear Super Cupcake

Since the Dominion trailer shows a Mechari shooting a gun in their intro portion, it would be crazy of Carbine to tease its fans and not deliver. So, keep your hopes up, though this is just speculation and not fact.
    Soylentgreen likes this.
  2. Soylentgreen

Soylentgreen Well-Known Cupcake

Yeah but he's firing a pistol and they've listed Mechari as not able to be spellslingers, Carbine lies! :cry: Oh the cruelty of it all.
  3. BlindSear

BlindSear Super Cupcake

Well... the rifle class could also have a sidearm. We know a warrior uses a whole host of weapons on top of the 2H sword. Off the top of my head a glaive is another, and I think there's others but can't remember.
  4. Ico

Ico Moderator • WSC's Gentle Flower

Indeed that's what I was trying to say, with all the artwork that shows them with ranged weaponry it would be a shame if they didn't get a ranged class - at the same time Mechari CAN'T be magic wielders due to their non-organic form.
  5. Witless

Witless "That" Cupcake

We do?!? Link please.

I'd love that to be so, but I'm fairly certain that they use the Techno sword only as Carbine is insisting on 1 weapon per class.
  6. Soylentgreen

They only equip the sword but there's been mention of arm cannons and other such stuff which are part of the animations for some abilities, not equippable items though sadly.

Source: Here
    BlindSear and Mudfin like this.
  7. BlindSear

BlindSear Super Cupcake

What he said. I didn't mean they actually can use different weapons, just have animations with different weapons. This means it wouldn't be a stretch for a rifle wielding class to potentially carry a small sidearm pistol.
  8. Witless

Witless "That" Cupcake

Not trying to be difficult but I still don't get you. They are designing their animations around one weapon type per class. So it actually would be a stretch for a rifle toting class to fight carrying a side arm.
  9. Veckna

Veckna Well-Known Cupcake

I think he's meaning the alternate weapon 'type' is built into the animation for the skill.

Example:
    Bounty Hunters in SWTOR used blaster pistols but they had a rail shot ability which used an animation not connected with their normal weapon type (they would raise their arm and fire the rail shot from there, not from a pistol).

Struggling with WoW but maybe Fan of Knives for rogues would be a good example - the rogue could be using swords/fist weapons or whatever but when they used fan of knives skill it's animation was of knives being thrown in all directions (not related to the weapon being actually used by the player).

Edit: The plasma saw (actual skill name may vary!) for Wildstar warriors is a good example - the warrior is using their usual sword as an equipped weapon but for the plasma saw type skill you get the whirling circular saw blade effect on their arm instead of an animation connected to the sword.

If that's not what Blindsear is meaning then I'll crawl back under my rock :laugh:
    Mudfin and BlindSear like this.
  10. BlindSear

BlindSear Super Cupcake

But not a stretch for a huge cleaver wielding warrior to bring out a glaive to do an uppercut? The sidearm would be for a short ranged sneak shot or something. It is not strange for those with a rifle or a carbine to carry a small pistol for close quarters combat or as backup. So, there's no good reason it wouldn't exist, we already know it's there for warriors, why not other classes?
  11. BlindSear

BlindSear Super Cupcake

Nope, that's right on the nose.
  12. Witless

Witless "That" Cupcake

Again, do you have a link? Or is this in a video where the swords skin looks like a glaive. Because Carbine has consistently insisted that each class is one weapon only. Or are you saying the animation will be as if it was a different weapon but isn't?
  13. Soylentgreen

The latter, I'll see if I can dig up a vid to illustrate it.

Was hoping to get a shot of the arm cannon but I don't know if it's been shown yet this video shows the "saw" like ability though
  14. Witless

Witless "That" Cupcake

You don't have to, I've seen the vids. I just was checking with Blind to see if he had read something else or seen something else.

I know I <REDACTED> a lot about the one weapon per class and it's partially do to their animation reasoning they gave. When you see in some videos that they do animations of skills with different appearances, so... ;) Anywho, I don't want to derail this thread anymore than I did :( since there already is another thread about this type of thing.

Back to your regularly scheduled programming.
  15. BlindSear

BlindSear Super Cupcake

Nope, I just had the couple vids of secondary weapons to say that it's possible there can be a Mechari with a pistol, just in a really roundabout way with lots of debate in between.
  16. Doomgrin

Doomgrin Cupcake-About-Town

This is a common THEORY but with not official hint or back-up information as of yet.

Personally I would love a droid-based pet class (or cyborg critters) and I definitely want a melee healer similar to the WAR Warpriest/Disc of Khaine or AH Guardian from GW2. I think they would do awesome in the telegraph based combat.
  17. Doomgrin

I think we will not get a variety of abilities that are weapon based, just skins.
  18. Haversham

Haversham Cupcake-About-Town

Never said it was definitive :)

The melee healer, yes that's mostly just an educated guess. The rifle-using class, while there isn't anything official on the engineering aspect, you can find many different screenshots of a characters and humanoid mobs carrying/using a rifle as their weapon. Since each class has it's own specific weapon type, we can probably assume what we're seeing is a ranged class that uses a rifle.
  19. Doomgrin

The ones with the rifle is a warrior swapping weapons. Several of the videos show that. What we do not know is if that was a soldier ability, or a warrior one.
  20. Jetscookie

Jetscookie New Cupcake

HIGH POWERED LAZER BOWS THAT SHOOT LAZER ARROWS!!!!!!!!!!! MODERN DAY MARKETING SAYS EVERY GAME SHOULD HAVE SOME TYPE OF CROSSBOW IN IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!