1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Just Wonder Which Is The Best Class?

Discussion in 'WildStar Classes & Paths' started by BlackStar, Jul 12, 2013.

1. DPSClass

DPSClass New Cupcake

Settler Path. Just do it don't ask why. No questions.

Turrets.
  2. Xlugon Pyro

Xlugon Pyro Super Cupcake

Wrong answer!

<Pulls lever to open the gas vents.>
    DPSClass likes this.
  3. Rackham

Rackham Cupcake

Frankly, a lot depends on your playstyle too.

I myself tend to prefer ranged classes whereas others prefer tanky toe-to-toe fighters or healy types.

The key will be to have classes that mix various roles together.

Like the Warrior Priest from Warhammer Online was a great example. Able to dish out damage AND heal at the same time.

Or more recently, the Mesmer from GW2. Great on damage, but also a great group buffer.

Ideally, Wildstar classes will fill multiple roles and add some flexibility. More flexibility in my mind makes for a better class.
  4. LoweGearShift

LoweGearShift Cupcake

So far I'm looking forward to the Settler, Explorer, and Soldier paths the most. I've always had a fascination with the "Wayward Robot" trope and being a Mechari Stalker <INSERT ONE OF THE THREE PATHS HERE> really appeals to me as a Roleplayer, while being what I expect to be the more avoidance based tank appeals to me on a combat level.

As for best class? That is just a matter of opinion.
  5. Fingers

Fingers Cupcake-About-Town

Hope so: I find it quite depressing watching people reroll based on class effectiveness. I s'pose it's a case of each to their own - but I'd prefer each class to be played because its enjoyable.

Also it would be nice to get away from cookie cutter builds because I'd personally like to see viable alternative builds that not only play very differently but are able to successfully coexist with the more potent builds.

Regards.
  6. Johnhandcock

Johnhandcock Cupcake

True, but we know that perfect balance is impossible with different classes. I mean look at WoW some specs are over 20% more output. Top specs of each class can even vary 20% easily.

My guess is ranged will have a slight advantage, as they won't have to worry as much about telegraphs centered around the boss.
  7. Zellexe

Zellexe New Cupcake

No one can answer that but I will be very unhappy if they do not balance the classes well (Which they probably will balance them) because I used to play some F2P MMO's like Allods Online and they would have one class that beats everyone else for a long time before they patch it, and of course with my luck I pick the class that get's picked on the most by that class xD.
  8. azmundai

azmundai Well-Known Cupcake

jouster is the best class.
    juggler is the best path.
  9. AimLock

AimLock Cupcake

some ones going to post a picture of jug's :)
  10. Dedlaw

Dedlaw Cupcake-About-Town

The DEVinator can kick everyone's a** if they feel like it.
  11. Pmizzrym

Pmizzrym Cupcake-About-Town

My real question is will Warriors be the only MT in raids?

If Stalker and the 3rd tanks are capable of MTing 40 mans, I am very interested in the balancing.
  12. PBPhoenix55

PBPhoenix55 New Cupcake

these types of questions pop up a lot when MMO's are still "under contstruction" the short answer is: we will not know untill a month after release date and we have had ample time to see how each Path directly influences your characters.
    Drasas likes this.
  13. azmundai

azmundai Well-Known Cupcake

( . )v( . )
  14. AimLock

AimLock Cupcake

lol , not what I was expecting :p
  15. Mimsy

Mimsy New Cupcake

I have always played this way, and think it's odd that anyone would spend money on a leisure activity and then play it how someone else said they should, instead of what they thought was coolest. However, I do get the necessity of bowing to the numbers if you're approaching gameplay that way.

WS is one of the few games that has me excited about MANY classes/paths/races. Kind of an awesome dilemma!
  16. Grimnar40k

Grimnar40k Cupcake-About-Town

Think LoL. What's harder to land in that game? A cone shape melee range skill from a Champion like Talon/Pantheon or that Nidalee Spear or Ezreal Mystic Shot? I'm sure anyone that has played would agree the further you are from your target that your room for error is much much greater. This game may prove to require <REDACTED> loads more skill and precision from ranged classes than from melee. Will melee be at more risk from taking dmg in PvE? Well of course, that's true in any game just based on mobs cleaving and such. Just my initial thoughts.
  17. Xevius

Xevius Cupcake

The best class always = FOTM

True balance in an MMO has never (and will never) exist; it's elusive; that pot of gold at the end of the rainbow that you'll never reach.
  18. Infamouz

Infamouz Well-Known Cupcake

[​IMG]