1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Kit Brinny was right, Exile humans aren't inbred.

Discussion in 'WildStar Races' started by popober, May 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Apostate

Apostate Well-Known Cupcake

Yes, inbred people might actually get offended when you insult people by calling them inbred. As you said, this -is- a board of public opinion. Honestly, an LGBT activist would have a field day with this thread because it could be argued that you've just compared homosexuality to both incest and bestiality.

I personally have no interest in doing that because I'm not insane. I'm also not offended by the humor in this thread, I just find it crude and unamusing. Partly for my own reasons, partly because I'm a Dominion enthusiast and I enjoy taking the wind out of an Exile's sails.
    growly beast and Sonntam like this.
  2. MMOPapa

MMOPapa Cupcake-About-Town

Rofl... you people crack me up.

...I hope that doesn't offend anyone; me saying 'you people'... not that I'm segregating ourselves, as people, away from the other races of WildStar... I mean, not that I'm a racist... my best friend happens to be a Mechari... not that I couldn't like a Draken... I just... I DON'T WANT TO TALK ABOUT IT!

AND F*** THESE EGGSHELLS! I'M TIRED OF WALKING ON THEM! :cry:
    Kethrym likes this.
  3. Kethrym

Kethrym Well-Known Cupcake

I haven't argued for anything in this thread except for the fact that fictional characters on both sides have been laughed at for various reasons. The fact that Cotton came in and made it a LGBT issue doesn't mean I was the one who in fact assaulted homosexuals in general. I find that the progression of this thread to be laughable at best. The fact that someone can take offense to something meant as a jest to NO ONE IN PARTICULAR makes this thread one of my favorites so far.
    Xlugon Pyro likes this.
  4. Apostate

As I said, I -could- put a lot of words in your mouth but I have no interest in doing so.

Again, because I'm not insane.
  5. Chomag

Chomag Cupcake-About-Town

Gay people are gay.

That's right, gay people, you're gay!
    Xlugon Pyro and Kethrym like this.
  6. Kethrym

Well you do have the capability of rational thought, that's certainly a plus. :up:

Oh snap,

I'm White, and German, and I live in Oklahoma. You don't suppose someone is gonna make assumptions about me too do you? I shudder to think someone might look at me as "different". :D

Oh and I play Exile, and I ridicule and can take ridicule, for my choices.
  7. MMOPapa

So that's why...​

Kethrym likes this.
  8. Silas Jasar

Silas Jasar Cupcake-About-Town

When did making fun of someone for being a dandy or flamboyent automatically mean you are making fun of someone becase they are gay?
    Scoriae, MMOPapa and Kethrym like this.
  9. popober

popober Cupcake-About-Town

Now I regret making this thread... It was originally supposed to be about how inbreeding might possibly affect the Cassian ruling line, or how their attempts to hide it might factor into internal strife and whatnot, but oh well...

This, really. Replace "gay" with "flaming flamboyant" and you can go nuts. There is a difference you know. One is an orientation, the other is... I don't know, how someone acts? You can be straight but wear incredibly gaudy clothes and thick makeup.
  10. Kethrym

Don't regret making the thread. It's been quite entertaining. :p
    Xlugon Pyro likes this.
  11. MMOPapa

You guys are taking this too seriously... majority of the people posting at this point are just joking. It's the one or two people that are bringing it back to that... don't be that guy.
    Kethrym likes this.
  12. Kethrym

Wait, are you making fun of my ears Papa? Why you no good dirty Dominion........oh wait.......sorry, was getting mad for no reason. :D
  13. okccshell

okccshell Cupcake-About-Town

Although I left the conversation, I would like to make a comment to popober and popober alone. Sorry anything bad occurred to your thread. It was SERIOUSLY not my intent, and was the reason I left the conversation. I did not, at any point, use the word gay or homosexual in my posts. That was an assumption created by others who are (apparently) easily offended by things. Again, sorry to derail your thread, it was not intended.
    Xlugon Pyro likes this.
  14. popober

I'm saying it then: the Dominion leader is KEFKA.

Kethrym likes this.
  15. Apostate

Probably when you repaint the character with a rainbow and use that to make fun of him. Since I apparently have to repeat myself three times for anyone to understand me on the internet: I'm not offended by it, I'm not offended by it, I'm not offended by it. It's just a poorly considered choice when you're making fun of someone for not conforming to the orthodox gender ideal. It'd be like talking about how religion is stupid while showing a guy on a cross. Christians are going to think it's about them because that's one of their symbols.

Likewise with the rainbow and the LGBT community. I'm not saying you can't or even that you shouldn't do it, I'm not a social activist, but people -will- get offended. I personally don't like it because I think it's lazy, crude humor and because I don't like the Exiles in general. *shrug*
  16. Kethrym

*writes down that the LGBT alliance owns Rainbows*

Alright, noted, never again will a rainbow color scheme be used without the written legal permission of the LGBT alliance.
    Xlugon Pyro likes this.
  17. popober

Eh, it's got a few laughs outta me, I just didn't want have another strike on my record here.

Dunno why people are offended with a fictional character being construed as flamingly flamboyant though. We have rocks and rodents on our side, we still get the short end of the stick.
    Kethrym likes this.
  18. Silas Jasar

Silas Jasar Cupcake-About-Town

Wait the LGBT community owns rainbows? Gosh I guess someone forgot to tell the bible, wizard of oz, and science. Lighten up.

In an attempt ot underail the thread, I can so see some AMAZING quest lines coming out of the infighting between the houses because of the convoluted lineage and attempts at power. Each of which could tie back to the Elder game and what happened to the Eldan.
    Xlugon Pyro and Kethrym like this.
  19. Kethrym

Because rocks and rodents don't exist. Geez pay attention!!!
  20. MMOPapa

SUBLIMINAL MESSAGE! :O
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.