1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Kit Brinny was right, Exile humans aren't inbred.

Discussion in 'WildStar Races' started by popober, May 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eselle8

eselle8 Well-Known Cupcake

Pairing a rainbow with the word "Fabulous!" and pairing it with a character who has feminine features tends to point toward making fun of gay men - not always, but usually.

I don't know. Seems like there's a lot to make fun of about this Myrcalus fellow. Can't we pick on him over something else?
  2. popober

popober Cupcake-About-Town

Uhh... I'm Filipino, a lot of things that concern us have been used to design the Grunts in the Halo series. You know, the guys with the funny voices who breath farts and get treated as cannon fodder? The ones everyone enjoys punting around in-universe and out? And It's even actual canon. You don't see any pinoys crying out about that. But maybe that's because we're so attention starved we take anything that shows us in foreign media as a good thing...

Honestly, don't take it so seriously.
    Kethrym likes this.
  3. okccshell

okccshell Cupcake-About-Town

For me, personally, he looks extremely feminine. I was going to do all pink originally because he looks like a lady. I like rainbows. I collect unicorns. I'm a girly girl and a half. I used a rainbow because it was feminine, and I said he was fabulous for the whole feminine aspect, not because of anything homosexual.

Since I don't know anyone from this site (other than my husband) IRL, no one would know the immense amount of LGBT friends I have. Well, I don't know any in the "T" part of that, but regardless, I have no hate towards anyone. I'm an artist, I like pretty colors that tend to be associated with femininity, such as rainbows, pink, and purple. Apparently, posting anything that could be misconstrued is just a "no no" or something to some people. Not naming any names, not pointing any fingers. It just was taken to ridiculous amounts of....heck, I don't even know what!

Anyway, I'm leaving the conversation again. Enough ridiculousness for me for today lol
    Xlugon Pyro and Kethrym like this.
  4. popober

Really now? :cool:
    Kethrym likes this.
  5. Huffle Puff

Huffle Puff Cupcake

Don't worry. When the furry Chua are announced as the final Dominion race, the Aurin and their ears will be completely forgotten by everyone. All we will ever hear again is tired Chua-punting jokes.
    okccshell and Kethrym like this.
  6. EpicBubble

EpicBubble Cupcake

Dude everyone knows incest is fun for the whole family :/ ok im going to far now. I guess I would prefer a more fantasy way of explaining the whole keeping it in the family eldar DNA thing..
    Kethrym likes this.
  7. MMOPapa

MMOPapa Cupcake-About-Town

I, personally, completely disagree. I'm Hispanic... if you put a baseball bat in his hand and a pinata in front of him with a sombrero on? It's a f***ing guy with a baseball bat, a poor sense of fashion, and a candy stuffed activity for being whacked (not an innuendo)...

...Richard Simmons for example, old as he is; doesn't give a s*** what you think about him... why would he lie about not being gay? And yet he's the most feminine male that I can think of... so no; in my opinion, feminine does not mean gay.
    Kethrym likes this.
  8. okccshell

okccshell Cupcake-About-Town

Like you wouldn't BELIEVE lol (and I feel ok answering this since it has NOTHING to do with the other stuff)

I am such a girly girl! I'm addicted to eyeshadow, but I don't wear it like a freaking clown or something! I just like the color options and I'm fascinated with how to combine eyeshadow colors to best compliment my hazel/green eyes. I love pretty clothes, I have issues with not being able to get my nails done anymore due to my profession, and when I don't get my hair done on a regular basis, I get very very VERY upset! I also do the stupid girly girl stuff and look away at the gory stuff on TV, and I have issues with creepy crawlies.

On the opposite side, however, I have an obsession with power tools and hand tools. As an artist who loves 3D art, I couldn't survive without my drill or hammer! And wire cutters! Oh! And my power sander! Not afraid to get sawdust or copper shavings all over me, nor am I afraid of getting oil paint everywhere. My girly girl side is much more obvious when looking at me though lol
  9. Apostate

Apostate Well-Known Cupcake

Thank you. I'm not sure what's so complicated about this. When you slap a rainbow on a guy and make fun of him for being a sissy, yes, that might push some buttons. I'm not condemning anyone who does it, I'm just trying to point out something that doesn't seem to be as obvious as I thought it was.

I apparently didn't repeat "I'm not offended" enough.
    growly beast and Sonntam like this.
  10. Kethrym

Kethrym Well-Known Cupcake

Like x10000000000000 + a rainbow.
  11. Apostate

Apostate Well-Known Cupcake

That's a terrible example. Richard Simmons has publically slapped people for calling him a sissy.
    Sonntam likes this.
  12. popober

All I'm saying is that chill out. Contrary to popular belief, people who might seem offended just because something carries traits usually associated with their subgroup aren't. Just because we belong to a "minority" doesn't mean we don't have a sense of humor.
    Xlugon Pyro and Kethrym like this.
  13. Yakzan

Yakzan "That" Cupcake

<Mod Monocle> Yeahno, this thread has been nothing but bad news. Sorry, but this thread went and still keeps going nowhere good so I'm forced to lock it. </Mod Monocle>
    Jynetik, MMOPapa, Rylia and 1 other person like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.