1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

KTR: Layering Against Compartmentalization

Discussion in 'WildStar General' started by Kurik, Feb 4, 2013.

1. Kurik

Kurik Super Cupcake

2. Elthic

Elthic Cupcake-About-Town

Seems like fun to me, randomness to to world or extra things to spice up the leveling process is always a good thing. :)
    Darkspur likes this.
  3. Darkspur

Darkspur Cupcake-About-Town

Good stuff Kurik THANKS.
    Im a big fan of the repetative tasks in a game (guess thats why I do so good at crafting LOL) a lot of people put them down as not required or call them grinding or simply state that devs didnt add the content they needed to.
    Thats fair comment but to a lot of people an MMO is a place to be where they feel productive and industrious maybe even valued compared to their going nowhere real life job or frustration at work that prevents them feeling like they are achieving something. The psychology of it works the same as cleaning, gardening or polishing a car, sometimes the simplest jobs do reward the person with a sense of achievement at the end.

But back to the article and the concern with players blasting through areas at first and not experiencing the full diversity of the nodes. Having a suitable reward for higher level players returning to assist newbies would be a great way to encourage more virtual social interaction and give them the opportuntity to see what they missed.

Maybe a 'gun for hire' type in game bulletin board could advertize this and be an option for those wanting a bit of help with the content. Explorers could have a 'See the places you never thought existed' type of board too.

Cause level scaling down or something would need to be implemented for a grouped situation such as that, myself I would be happy to be kicked back to the appropriate level for the mission. Scaling the enemy up isnt so good as the newbie is usually the one who gets wiped out.
    Kurik Lein likes this.
  4. Kurik

Kurik Super Cupcake

Agreed, rewards for helping out newer players would be nice. Also having certain world events or world bosses in those zones could bring higher level players back as well.
    Darkspur likes this.
  5. SiegaPlays

SiegaPlays "That" Cupcake

Returning does require some sort of scaling of the player <> content. Being able to scale down to the appropriate level for the zone would be awesome.