1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Laffable's Doodables

Discussion in 'WildStar Fan Creations' started by Laffable, Apr 16, 2013.

1. Laffable

Laffable New Cupcake

Sorry for the crummy name, it was the first thing that popped into my head!

Allow me to introduce my little doodle space. I should preface this by saying I haven't received any actual training, so I may lack some of the fundamental attributes that a lot of others possess :) That said, I still have fun with my artwork and it's a great way for me to blow off some steam/organize my thoughts. I'll try and upload something whenever I get the urge to draw, and I can't always promise they'll be complete ideas.

So for my first trick, a Human (Exile) Esper!

[​IMG]

This is the first time I really messed with trying to do something involving glow effects and it was a lot of fun! Especially if I can ignore the horribly over-sized head compared to the tiny body ;) I prefer to think of it as "stylized". Anyway, enjoy!
    Roa, Lumzk, Kurik and 3 others like this.
  2. Laffable

Laffable New Cupcake

A new little in-progress drawing. Not sure how far I'm gonna take it, but it gave me a chance to mess around with some perspective and a little corny joke.

[​IMG]
  3. Dysp

Dysp Cupcake-About-Town

Cool drawings! Looks like you got the glow to work pretty well. I like the expression on your Esper. :)
  4. Laffable

Laffable New Cupcake

I really appreciate the kind remarks! For the Esper I was going for a bit of cockiness, something I'm sure the Human Exiles don't lack :)
  5. iiFrank

iiFrank Cupcake-About-Town

The glow came out pretty clean dude. Nice job! :up:
  6. Jynetik

Jynetik "That" Cupcake

Very cool stuff! Your style suits Wildstar's content quite well and I can't wait to see more! I can't speak for the other "content creators" here, but my actual training was pretty light and not really along the lines of what I find myself doing.
  7. InnocentCivilian

InnocentCivilian "That" Cupcake

The small hands in relation to the head is a really neat style - I dig it! ;)

It's so great to see such a variety of art styles in this subforum! :)
  8. Laffable

Laffable New Cupcake

In regard to the hands: it's two-fold; I have an artsy style, and also I suck at proportions :)

In regards to the variety of art styles: I LOVE just browsing the other artist threads in this forum, so much impressive talent!
  9. Laffable

Laffable New Cupcake

I apologize for the double post, but here's a corny little joke I had rolling around in my head today. Also, it's mildly incomplete, but I don't know that I'll get around to tooling with it anymore. I watched some tutorial videos earlier and it was a good way to practice some of what I learned :)

[​IMG]
    Revon, Lumzk and Dysp like this.
  10. Dysp

Dysp Cupcake-About-Town

Haha, awesome. I never played that game series, but the idea of Granok with a Duke-haircut in the classic red-Duke-tank is great. :D
  11. Laffable

Laffable New Cupcake

I appreciate the kind words! I've never played the game either, but the Granok from the trailer with the big cigar in his mouth just put me in the mind of Mr. Nukem :)

Also, I wanna give a special thanks (obviously big thanks to everyone) to those of you who've posted in here who have your own art threads going. You've really given me a lot of inspiration and I love looking at everything you've all done!
  12. Kurik

Kurik Super Cupcake

They all look great, my favorite would have to be the Esper. :)
  13. Laffable

Laffable New Cupcake

Long time no post! Time to resurrect this with a new drawing (and hopefully more to come as I try to incorporate more drawing in my everyday life!)

Here's a new little Esper I did, in a running pose that turned out a bit wonky and minus feet (time crunch, my apologies!) Enjoy!

[​IMG]
    Azhdaha likes this.
  14. Laffable

Laffable New Cupcake

My take on the scientist path.

[​IMG]
  15. Roa

Roa Cupcake

Dude
    Dude I'm the same as you as well, I got no formal training in the arts but I was self learning.

Everyone has their own pace so no worries you'll do fine around here :D