1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Launcher screen is blank. Cannot download game.

Discussion in 'WildStar General' started by EvilPeppard, Mar 23, 2014.

1. EvilPeppard

EvilPeppard New Cupcake

I posted here because I did not see a Wildstar support area. If this needs to be moved, mods please do so. I did a quick search, but did not see any other topics on this.

I posted this same thread over on the Wildstar forums as well: https://forums.wildstar-online.com/...auncher-screen-is-blank-cannot-download-game/

We have a member of our gaming group who is having an issue where they launch the Wildstar.exe to install the game, and the launcher comes up, but it is blank. There is no EULA, and the only button he can click is 'decline' or close the launcher out with the red circle in the upper right of the screen.

Here is a screenshot of what his launcher looks like: http://imgur.com/CKHklr3

I see others with this same issue, and am following a thread on Reddit. http://www.reddit.com/r/WildStar/comments/1xqppt/launcher_issue/cg85mdz

We worked with him for over an hour and a half trying to figure it out, but were unsuccessful. Some of the things we tried were:

1. Run a scan of his computer with MalwareBytes. No problems.

2. Scan of computer with Avast Free 2014. No problems.

3. Manually change DNS servers on his NIC to Google's servers, 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4, and Level 3's DNS servers of 4.2.2.2 and 4.2.2.1. We ran 'ipconfig /flushdns' and 'ipconfig /registerdns' each time. Nothing changed. Same image as listed in the screenshot.

4. Zipped up my installer and sent it to him to try. Same result.

5. Had him create a folder off his C: drive called 'Wildstar' and tried installing there, making sure he had full permissions to the folder. Nada!

All of this was done making sure we right-clicked and ran as administrator. It feels like a DNS issue, or something with his ISP, but we are definitely stumped. Hopefully a resolution can be found soon!

Any feedback or suggestions would be much appreciated!
  2. RavenWind

RavenWind Well-Known Cupcake

Have you disabled the local firewall, to see if perhaps its blocking things? Once installed you would re-enable the firewall and then have to figure out which ports to open to play. And not meaning to insult you as you look as if you have most of the right things to trouble shoot, but he does has the needed space on his hard drive correct? Didn't see that mentioned above.
  3. EvilPeppard

EvilPeppard New Cupcake

He had plenty of hard drive space. I will relay about his local firewall, and perhaps his router firewall.

Thank you for the suggestions.
  4. Velliuz

Velliuz New Cupcake

I had to run as administrator to get mine to dl
  5. EvilPeppard

EvilPeppard New Cupcake

Yup. As stated in my second to last paragraph, we were right clicking and running as Admin. The issue still persists.
  6. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

Best thing to do is contact costumer support of Carbine.

They'll most likely let you run 2 scans (DxDiag/Hijack) and they'll solve it.
  7. EvilPeppard

EvilPeppard New Cupcake

Yeah, it may come to that. I will talk to the user this week. If he is still having issues, I will direct him to contact Carbine directly.

Strange thing is, he previously had the game installed from a previous beta weekend and was running fine back then. He uninstalled it a few weeks ago, thinking he didn't need that particular beta version any longer. Not sure what changed, but that is adding confusion to the mix.

I verified the previous version had been uninstalled, and I saw no left over Wildstar folders.
  8. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

We have a saying in Dutch:
    ''Don't think, leave the thinking to a horse''

Aka: Don't do things if you aren't 100% sure, which was true in this case.

But Carbine will have it fixed in no time :up: (don't know why he hasn't contacted them sooner though)
  9. Vinny

Vinny New Cupcake

I am having sort of the same issue. I too have a blank spot on my Launcher as well. I can see the progress bar and the green play button and I can also enter and play the game normally. I made a support ticket about it and we have been doing EVERYTHING under the sun to fix it and nothing is working... the agent did tell me that other people have been having the issue too, he just didn't say how many...
  10. Zavier

Zavier New Cupcake

I was having the same problem. This what NCSoft told me to do and it worked great..

Ashe (WildStar Player Support)
    Mar 24 19:58
    Hello there!
    I would like to rule out the possibility that there is another program interfering with the game connection. To do this, we use a Windows command called "MSCONFIG."
    Please note, this command will not uninstall any applications from your computer. All MSCONFIG does is prevent these applications from automatically starting when Windows boots up.
    To do this:
    1. Press and hold the Windows key and then hit the R key. This should bring up the Run dialog box.
    2. Type "MSCONFIG" without the quotes, and click "OK." This should open the System Configuration Utility.
    3. Click on the "Services" tab and check the "Hide All Microsoft Services" check box near the bottom, then click the "Disable All" button. (You MUST click "Hide all Microsoft Services")
    4. Next go to the "Startup" tab and click the "Disable All" button.
    5. Once these items are all disabled, click the "OK" button and you will get a prompt to restart your computer. Please restart your computer.
    6. Once you return to Windows, please try connecting to the game again.
    To reverse these settings, simply run MSCONFIG again and click "Normal Startup" on the first window labeled "General."
    Note: If you need a specific application to run with Windows but still want to use MSCONFIG, just follow the above instructions and on step 4, re-check any application you feel needs to start with Windows. Examples would be wireless connection software, mouse or keyboard applications or even security applications. Please note that security applications can often be a contributing factor to such issues. If you haven't done so already, please also disable any Anti-virus, Firewall or other security applications for testing purposes. While we do not recommend running your machine without a security application, should disabling the software help resolve your issue we can reinstall it and work to configure the application so it doesn't cause this issue.
    Please try these settings and let me know if they have any effect on your issue.
  11. Vinny

Vinny New Cupcake

^^ didn't work for me. already tried it with the ncsoft support. still the middle of the lancher is a blank square
  12. EvilPeppard

EvilPeppard New Cupcake

Just a follow up...I have not seen my friend online this week for him to do some more testing. As soon as he is available, I will have him try some more things as soon as he is on again.
  13. EvilPeppard

EvilPeppard New Cupcake

I checked with my friend and he can now download the game. Not sure what changed, but he has the game downloaded and installed. Perhaps he just needed to wait for an update to the launcher.

Thanks to everyone for his or her feedback.
  14. Pejo

Pejo Cupcake-About-Town

Make sure that you're using the newest installation of Wildstar; and not the installation prior to closing of Winter CBT. You can tell if you're using the old one it you have the old Wildstar logo (the blue one)