1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Leadership

Discussion in 'WildStar Races' started by Teerack, Feb 24, 2013.

1. Teerack

Teerack Cupcake-About-Town

Have they talked about the racial leaders?

If not, what kind of leadership structure do you want to see? Would you want to see one leader per faction or maybe a leader per race or what?

I'd really like to see a set up like WoW where each race has a leader, and then one of the race leaders is above all the other leaders on that faction. With Cassians and Humans on top.
  2. Kurik

Kurik Super Cupcake

We know the Dominion has an Emperor and the current one goes by the name Myrcalus the Vindicator who is Cassian and supposedly has Eldan blood, as far as other racial leaders I'm not sure. We also know the Mechari are in charge of the Imperial Corps of Intelligence for the Dominion.
  3. Vhiral

Vhiral Cupcake-About-Town

For the Dominion the other leaders (other then the emperor), may be high ranking military generals.
  4. FluidD

FluidD Cupcake-About-Town

The leader of the dominion is the emperor who is a lumatai (its spelled something like that) which means he has eldan blood. I do not know about exiles yet, i have a feeling each race will have a leader figure, although their not gonna have like race cities and stuff.
  5. Saza

Saza Cupcake

There is an Aurin queen, so I think there would be other racial leaders. Though I haven't read enough backstory yet to know when the Aurins left their homeworld and if this queen could even still be alive when the game takes place.
    I do think there will be racial leaders, and quite possibly an overall faction leader. I would prefer to see racial leaders that didn't have one particular leader over them all, but I doubt that the Dominion at least would ever be set up like that.

From the Aurin page of the main site:
    "Desperate, the Aurin's newly crowned queen, Myala Everstar, sent out a distress signal to her human friends, who soon formulated a daring rescue plan. Aided by fearless Granok mercenaries, the humans faced off against the Dominion and landed rescue ships on Arboria – but it soon became clear not all the Aurin could be saved. Brokenhearted, Myala escaped from Arboria's surface, but promised those left behind that one day she would return."
  6. Ro24

Ro24 New Cupcake

I think they are going for a kind of each race has a leader. Exile Humans have
    The Aurins have their queen as said above ^

And the Granok have
    Dominion side we have less specific leaders as fas as I know, but they are still pretty recently revealed. They have some more stuff http://www.wildstar-online.com/en/the-game/races/ here
    Kurik Lein likes this.
  7. Kurik

Kurik Super Cupcake

Serrick suffered serious injuries and was put into cyro-freeze to keep him alive. I believe the game will be set around 300 years after the rebellion so I reckon at some point he will be revived.
    JarNod likes this.
  8. ruff_ethereal

ruff_ethereal Well-Known Cupcake

I'd love to meet her majesty. It already looks like the head of the Draken is chillin' with his ladies at Deradune, and meeting royalty is always fun.
  9. Guide

Guide Well-Known Cupcake

Then the Dominion finds him and executes him, as it typically goes. :devilish:

So far, members of leadership (in some form) in the Dominion are:

Dominus
    Myrcalus the Vindicator
    Malvolio Portius
    Tresayne Toria the Sword-Maiden
  10. Zap-Robo

Zap-Robo Administrator • King Cupcake

Dominion
    -> Emperor Myrcalus the Vindicator (presumably one of the Luminai - Eldan/Human hybrid)
    Draken Leader: Presumably the High(?) Clanlord (Currently Unknown)
    Mechari Leader: Presumably Head of the Imperial Corps of Intelligence (Currently Unknown)

Exiles
    -> Admiral Serrick Brightland (in Cryo-freeze)
    Granok Leader: Durek Stonebreaker, of the Free Companies of Nexus
    Aurin Leader: Queen Myala Everstar
    Wreck likes this.
  11. Qimx

Qimx Cupcake-About-Town

Malvolio is not even a leader lol
  12. Patrician

Patrician "That" Cupcake

One thing to remember too for the Dominion side, I believe the Draken High Clanlord is the Commander of the Dominion's entirely military branch, so they aren't all mindless "Kill kill KILL" brutal killers who don't have any brains. Clearly their leaders possess a tactical mind.

And the leader of Exile forces is the aforementioned Commander Durek, so the Granok also aren't completely "thick" either. ;)

It's much more interesting how the races are intertwined in this IP than in WoW to me. At the start the Alliance and Horde were cool, but as time went on it didn't feel like an alliance anymore and the leaders kind of just stood around while Varian "IWIN Button" and Garrosh "Pig Face and Pig Brain" ran about and yelled at each other.

This time it feels the head honchos of each race actually have an important role to fill within each respective alliance. I hope we see more of them and they all have crucial parts to play at times in the stories.
  13. Guide

Guide Well-Known Cupcake

P

Read what I typed. Malvolio obviously has leadership in some form. He's not a leader of the Dominion itself. Leadership doesn't always mean emperor or president.
  14. Qimx

Qimx Cupcake-About-Town

He is just another puppet, no offense.
  15. Zerdav

Zerdav Cupcake-About-Town

Malvolio is the leader of good taste police. Your kitsch will be censored. :p
    Liris, Patrician, Ayr and 1 other person like this.
  16. InnocentCivilian

InnocentCivilian "That" Cupcake

Tresayne is probably dead by now since she was whisked away by the Eldan so that her son could found the Dominion and that was about 1000 years ago.

Unless you mean 'leader' more in the sense of an idol and rolemodel. OR unless she's secretly still alive somehow with the Eldan, wherever they've gone off to dundun dunnnn! :cautious:

I find it interesting that the Exiled Granok have been gone from their homeplanet for hundreds of years, and so have the humans. The Aurin, on the other hand, seem to be newly-exiled (so to speak), as their queen promised to return to her remaining subjects on Arboria. Unless of course, the Queen was unable to make good her promise and a couple hundred years have passed since that exodus; but I don't think we'd get so sad an 'ending' to that particular tale. :p (or Aurin could just be extremely long-lived, who knows!)
  17. ruff_ethereal

Long-lived Aurins would be pretty cool. It might explain how Liara could still have memories of her tree-friends on Arboria, provided the Ravaging was a century or two ago.

... Also, is anyone holding any hopes that her majesty Everstar will be a shining example of the trope, "Grandma, What Massive Hotness You Have"?
  18. InnocentCivilian

InnocentCivilian "That" Cupcake

As Queen, I hope her ears are more massive than everyone elses'! :inlove:
  19. ruff_ethereal

Ye Gods, yes!
  20. Patrician

Patrician "That" Cupcake

I believe it's been confirmed somewhere the Ravinging of Arboria took place almost right before (or even during) Dorian's discovery of Nexus. So the Aurins could be long lived, who knows, but the Exiles only recently accepted them into the fold and then Nexus was found soon after.

The Granok mercenaries and the Humans however seem to have been livin' together for quite some time. ^^