1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Leadership

Discussion in 'WildStar Races' started by Teerack, Feb 24, 2013.

1. Ssj782

Ssj782 Cupcake

Timeline here http://www.wildstar-roleplay.com/forum/m/11410152/viewthread/5918368-timeline-wip
    Only 10 years from the queen leaving her planet and the founding of Nexus. Not sure about the lifespan of the Aurin, though. If they follow through with the "animal" qulities of the race, then they may not have a long life at all seeing as how each type of ear consists of creatures with 20 year or less lifespans. We have butterfly(?), lynx/bobcat, rabbit, bat... Mostly smaller animals that don't last long.
    To really make a guess, I think we would have to see what the queen looks like, since she should be one of the older members of the race. Or she could have reached full maturity by the age of 3 and only be 13. Really depends on the lore that Wildstar comes up with.
  2. Zap-Robo

Zap-Robo Administrator • King Cupcake

As an update to this...
    Mechari Leader: Presumed to be Central Axis (per article here)
  3. Ssj782

Ssj782 Cupcake

Funny, after reading the post I forgot what I came here for. Have they said whether or not Dominus is still alive? If he is it makes him at least 1600 years old, since he officially started the Dominion that long ago. I'm thinking he may be, since the Draken only follow the Dominion because of him.
    But if he's still alive, it begs the question of the Eldan. If they can live such a long time, it's even more worrisome that they may not have disappeared on their own. Maybe the Wildstar staff will spring some big nasty on us later on that actually imprisoned, banished, or even killed the Eldan race? We could think of them like Mass Effect's Reapers, a long-lived race of organic sentient starships that wipe out all sentient life other than themselves once it reaches a certain stage of development.
  4. Zap-Robo

Zap-Robo Administrator • King Cupcake

Actually, the Draken follow the Dominion because of Emperor Azrion the Conqueror (source). I have the feeling the Luminai Emperors are not that long lived and Dominus may well be revered as some form of deity after all this time.
  5. Ssj782

Ssj782 Cupcake

Ah, you're right. I misread that about the emperor. If Dominus is dead, then it negates pretty much my whole spiel about the Eldan lifespan :( And I was so hoping for the conspiracy story type. For the next 30 seconds, I don't like you very much, Zaphod Robotnik...
    ok... 30 seconds up, thanks for the info :p
  6. Ssj782

Ssj782 Cupcake

On second thought, it was the inferiority of the HUMAN D.N.A. that made Dominus die so far before his time, or he was "diplomatically" (by Dominion standards) retired. So I'm going to stick with my Reapers! yay!
    Upside of a fantasy world based on science AND technology is that you can get away with anything you want, without even having all that much reasoning.