1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Level 50 Dungeon Item Examples

Discussion in 'WildStar General' started by CRB_Gortok, May 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CRB_Gortok

CRB_Gortok Carbine Econ Designer

Once again I was posting this in response to someone, but decided to make it its own thread instead. Please remember that design is an iterative process and some of this is subject to change. These are examples of items I would make for level 50 regular dungeons. They are blue items.

Locked Stats are generally grouped towards a purpose.

Here are a couple examples (these have been simplified for understandability):
    • Light Pants for a Healer (Power of 1696 after multistat bonus)
      • 20% locked random defensive stat (all items of that slot have this amount set aside for defensive stats)
      • 25% Locked in Insight+Recovery chip
      • 33% Random Stat (not locked), up to 550 required power chip.
      • 22% Random Stat (not locked), up to 350 required power chip.
    • EXAMPLE ROLLS:
      • Locked 34 Deflect, Locked 42 Insight + 2 Recovery, 56 Critical + 60 health, 37 Technology
      • Locked 34 Armor+60 Health, Locked 42 Insight + 2 Recovery, 56 Moxie + 2 Critical, 37 Stamina + 60 Health
      • Locked 1017 Health + 2 Armor, Locked 42 Insight + 2 Recovery, 56 Recovery, 37 Finesse
    All the examples above are good for a healer. Example 1 might be the best out of the box for a healer, but example 3 has the best locked stat for a raid healer (health). As far as healing output goes, they all have the same potential, but there are probably other items in the tier that have higher potential.

• Medium Gloves (Power of 1293 after multistat bonus)
      • 22% locked random Offensive stat (all gloves have one of these chips locked in)
        • 45% Random Special (not locked)
        • ?% random locked Medium stat (can roll stats used by medium armor wearers), uses the left over power from the special slot
      • 33% Random Stat (not locked), up to 400 required power chip.
    • EXAMPLE ROLLS:
      • Locked 22 Critical + 60 Health, 300 Cost Special*: "Freeze Burst", Locked 31 Brutality, 44 Deflect
      • Locked 22 Strikethrough (hit), 400 Cost Special*: "Bonebreaker", Locked 21 Technology, 44 Recovery + 60 Health
    * These specials were made up.
    In the examples above, both items are good for the stalker, but one is DPS and the other is tank.

The one that rolled locked Brutality is good for a Stalker. He would replace the 44 Deflect chip with another chip that gives DPS and has a required power of 350 or 400, such as a Finesse + Health chip.

The second example is an okay tank roll because it locked Technology, the Stalker's tanking stat, and Strikethrough (the best stat to roll for a tank on gloves). It could have been better if the Strikethrough had the 60 health version. Also having only 21 Tech for the tanking stat is a bit low if it is the highest priority stat. The recovery + health chip is nice, but not good for a tank. If this is not an improvement for the tank, then the healers will probably want to roll "Need for Chip" on that. Otherwise the tank replaces that chip with a 35 or 40 power required chip that gives deflect, armor, health, etc.

edit: to satisfy detail oriented chat roomers
    Dyraele, Voison, Talek and 31 others like this.
  2. Relapse

Relapse Cupcake

Your gearscore is too low
    TL;DR
    Anstalt, Malorak, Teehk and 1 other person like this.
  3. Kethrym

Kethrym Well-Known Cupcake

Thanks Gortok. Any info is better than speculation at this point. Unless this info leads to more speculation, then "gee thanks Gortok". ;)
  4. Crow

Crow Cupcake

Not bad.
  5. Kysera Naythox

Kysera Naythox Cupcake

They're ALL HUNTER LOOT!1
    Malorak, Xlugon Pyro, Whatley and 3 others like this.
  6. JoeDragon

JoeDragon Cupcake-About-Town

Quick, possibly dumb question if it's been answered before.

The special chips. I assumed until this post that they would be on weapons alone. Just how many different pieces of equipment will have these specials? Is there a diminishing return or limit on how many times they can proc in a given amount of time? (Assuming they proc) Could you potentially stack, to use your example, "Freeze Burst" so that it could go off multiple times?
    Sonntam likes this.
  7. Shoogli

Shoogli Cupcake-About-Town

Am too tired to look at these numbers right now, 9pm here :sleep: so just tagging the thread for later use...
  8. Sabre070

Sabre070 Cupcake-About-Town

Yeah! Go me!

Some info from IRC on Fused chips (like in item 1):
    fused means the chip itself cannot be modified
    a fused chip is locked
    I can also lock a socket and if you put a non fused chip into it, it will still be locked

Also:
    <CRB_Gortok> I moxied in my pants
    Xlugon Pyro and Kethrym like this.
  9. Nezk

Nezk Cupcake

0:08 seconds is how I feel about this itemization

Precious min/max aroooolffhgghghghgh
  10. Elthic

Elthic Cupcake-About-Town

Nice to see you can roll for the chip.

So would it go need>chip>greed for priority when determining who gets the item?
    CRB_Gortok likes this.
  11. Sabre070

Sabre070 Cupcake-About-Town

Yes.
  12. Galosha

Galosha Cupcake

Locked chips always use maximum potential? in example 1696*0,2= `340 or in some range say [300,340]?

Health is wery cheap resource? 957hp=32armor or maybe other defensive stats more effective like 32 armor give me 7-10% of mitigation?
  13. Silvers

Silvers New Cupcake

I think i get the system now, i just feel like its going to take a long time trying to remember what stat does what and then figuring out who should use it or deserves it the most when it drops. :confused:
  14. Bnol

Bnol Cupcake-About-Town

The more I learn about the gearing the more I like it. Min-maxing is kept harder and more time consuming to a point that it might be impossible to do within a content patch cycle, but at the same time less gear is a complete waste, with drops that are more epic than others. It allows for a much smoother/incremental gear progression, with value for older pieces of gear and more decisions. Kudos.
  15. Psistorm

Psistorm Cupcake-About-Town

I do like this. Not only will we be seeing different kinds of gear to keep things varied, it also takes away from the whole "shopping list" type gearing that happens in WoW, where you go "I need A from boss 1, B from boss 2, and C from boss 3, then I can go raid". Instead there's a much more freeform approach to it.

I also like that apparently dungeon loot - and solo as well, if its hard enough? - can give some crossover gear for raiding, so you can look for certain spec gear in order to assemble an outfit for your raid start.

Also, while the stats right now seem a tiny bit confusing yet, I'm sure once we had experience in how they work ingame, it'll come quite naturally to us, given the game will teach us all about gear and modding, as well as apparently be quite informative about stat benefits as well.
  16. Whatley

Whatley Cupcake

Okay, but for an example: My wife plays MMO's with me, and about the only thing she understands on her feral druid is Agilitymakes you kill things faster and stamina keeps you alive (while leveling). Once we started getting higher level gear with Attack Power, haste, and crit chance it began to frustrate her until she would just prefer to have me choose quest and dungeon gear for her. She is getting much better, but I have had to continously remind myself that people aren't inherently born knowing WASD. There are many new players to the world of MMO's.

So my question is, how do we teach people? I know these are all max level examples, and I love the complexity and being able to trade specials for max stats, that's a lot of fun. It greatly appeals to me. And max level stats does and should assume a familiarity and skill with your characters stats and abilities.

But how do we Teach/make it not complex for people to properly build the most benefit and power into their character without degrading into "whats ur ilevel bro"
    Outlaw, Shoogli, Risetta and 3 others like this.
  17. Ohoni

Ohoni Cupcake-About-Town

If loot is this complicated then I REALLY hope for individualized, direct to inventory looting, rather than Need/Greed style quibbling systems. There is just no time to sit around pouring through stat combos and deciding whether there is any reason to push for one of these.
  18. Convicted

Convicted Super Cupcake

you wont need to worry about it because the timer ends in 3 min, so if you cant figure it out by then, you pass.
  19. Bnol

Bnol Cupcake-About-Town

I would rather be able to intelligently gear my raid/group instead of relying on luck of individualized looting. I rather have it up to each individual raid/group to decide how they want to distribute said loot as well.
    Milamilou likes this.
  20. Aari

Aari Cupcake-About-Town

This looks really complex and quite awesome. It definitly gives a lot of opportunities to MIN-MAX stats and have varoius options depending on playstyle and preferences. Really great customization.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.