1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Level Cap

Discussion in 'WildStar General' started by Fate Flyer, Feb 24, 2013.

1. Fate Flyer

Fate Flyer "That" Cupcake

What is the level cap in WildStar? Any confirmed word yet? What do you believe it should be?

Considering WildStar is putting such emphasis on the Elder Game, thus allowing there to be plenty of content once you reach the cap, I imagine the cap won't be set extremely high, as there's no point to. The reason other MMOs have a really high level cap, is because all the content is during leveling. Once you reach the cap, there's not much to do other than grinding for gear.

I would be happy with a level cap of around 50 for WildStar. Any lower would just seem strange to me, but if it's higher, than that's great too.
  2. Norrin Radd

Norrin Radd Cupcake

Yeah, I think 50 sounds about right.
  3. Black Wolf

Black Wolf Super Cupcake

You will reach the Elder game at level 60.
    Ayr and Fate Flyer like this.
  4. Ayr

Ayr Cupcake-About-Town

Edit: just seen Black's post about it being level 60..

Reckon you'll not be too far off the mark with 50.

I won't care though - they say you can level just as fast through PvP as you can through PvE, so I imagine a varied and fun levelling experience (I loved levelling in WAR's BGs for example, but I can also hack a good PvE grind).

That's if what they say is true about the PvE/PvP levelling :cautious:
  5. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

I would rather see it be around 60 to 70.

This, because i am someone who hates to wait for a long time to level up, but i also hate leveling up with every monster or npc i kill. So i think 60 to 70 is about right in my opinion.

Edit: seen blacks post stating it's 60 so i'm happy with it.
  6. Fate Flyer

Fate Flyer "That" Cupcake

Oh, nice. :D Where did they confirm this at? 60 sounds great to me!
  7. Black Wolf

Black Wolf Super Cupcake

Fate Flyer likes this.
  8. Pixie

Pixie Cupcake-About-Town

I like the sound of 60, I also expected it to be somewhere between 50-80, since I feel that's a good range for most games. Too close to 80 makes it a little too strange once you start getting expansions that push the level cap though :confused:

Another question is how long do you think it will take to get there (to lvl 60)? It's very individual from game to game how long it takes to level, and this is another one of those balances that either work really well or end up irritating some players (If lvl 30-60 are too slow, some people get stuck or bored, too fast and there's no challenge nor feeling of being "higher level").

On the other hand I suspect this balance may have been found with the last few big mmo's, since both SWTOR, GW2 and Rift to mention a few somewhat newer MMO's have really smooth but not too quick climbs to the end game (in my opinion). :rolleyes:
  9. Sick

Sick Cupcake

I'm pretty sure it's been confirmed that L50 was or is going to be the Level Cap. Not sure where I heard that from but I think it was from the folks that visited Carbine Studios recently for the Stalker/SpellSlinger/Warrior preview.
  10. pseudo

pseudo Podcaster

At GDC they confirmed 60 multiple times. I actually thought it was 50 as well until I went back and listened to the GDC videos!
  11. FelixAkuma

FelixAkuma Cupcake-About-Town

Yeh i don't think it's 50.. remember someone mentioning in a video interview something about gameplay of 50's-60's
  12. qqmoarploxify

qqmoarploxify Cupcake-About-Town

Aren't the some of the dev's here the same ones that worked on classic WoW? Wouldn't be surprised if it was 60, Infact that's what I've been guessing.
  13. Kurik

Kurik Super Cupcake

I believe it's something they are still kind of adjusting as well. :)
    moneda likes this.
  14. arnold

arnold Cupcake-About-Town

I'm hoping for 36-48 hours played. Anything less would be unfulfilling for people who want to thoroughly enjoy content while leveling, and it's a good amount for anyone trying to blow through content to get to cap. It's also short enough where crazies like me can cap in one session, with the help of caffeine. I feel it's best when it's possible to level that way, but takes a certain kind of commitment.

Then again it all depends on how Carbine decides to scale xp per level, if we get expansion-like experience gaps 50-60 it would take longer than if the whole thing was linear.
  15. Goreshank

Goreshank Cupcake-About-Town

Honestly the number of the max level is meaningless for me so long as it is paced appropriately and doesn't feel like a grind.
  16. Maestric

Maestric Cupcake

60 seems about right to me ! also imo gives some space for expansions if they want to increase the cap.
    so yea sound nice :D
  17. Slyndria

Slyndria Cupcake-About-Town

60. OMG WoW Clone!
  18. John

John "That" Cupcake

I'm hoping for way more than that, i'd love to see more like 200, or something around 10 days /played. Gaffney said they have 'hundreds of hours' of content pre elder games, that makes me happy :)
    Fate Flyer likes this.
  19. Rakkis

Rakkis Cupcake

Honestly hope it takes a long time to get to cap. Seriously hate it when I hit cap in a few days and I wasn't actually going hard at it. I want it to be as long and fulfilling as Vanilla WoW was when it came out (before the dumbing down). I would be happy with a week or longer play time till cap.
  20. Black Wolf

Black Wolf Super Cupcake

Think it took me over a month and over 12 days /played in vanilla wow for my first character.