1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

LFD, Accessibility and Different Audiences

Discussion in 'WildStar General' started by azmundai, Jul 1, 2013.

1. jackashflash

jackashflash Cupcake-About-Town

There are normal dungeons, heroic dungeons, 20 man raids, and world bosses. Plenty of stepping stones to get people into raiding. Heck, there is a world boss in the level 6 zone for crying out loud.

I can't believe you just said TBC entry level difficulty was good after all the post you made condemning it...
  2. Ark

Ark Cupcake-About-Town

what i get from that is that they are planning on having content for the 1% in various aspects of the game. raiding, pvp, crafting, etc etc. I might be wrong but that is how i read it and i think thats a great idea.
  3. Ark

Ark Cupcake-About-Town

I dont remember Condemning bc raiding. What i have said is that it was great AT THE TIME but that time has moved on, and things are changing. Players expect a lot more form an mmo, as the genre has evolved. Not every evolution has been a good one, but to try and return to such an old model seems wrong to me. You seem to imply that i think carbine are doing it wrong. I have never said that. What i have said is that if they overtune all of the content, to try and keep a tiny percentage of the players happy, they will hurt there game in the long run.

You use 20man as an example of an entry level raid....I have not seen any official post from Carbine saying they will be substantially easier than 40man content. I beleive one person has hinted that they might use 20mans as a stepping stone to 40mans, which seems to imply that it is something they are considering, but agian, some players have asked for 'hardcore' 20man content.
  4. jackashflash

This point makes no sense whatsoever. WoW and WS took ideas from different MMOs, current and past. An old idea isn't outdated or bad by default. This assumption is ludicrous!

As someone else said, sometimes you have to take a two steps backwards before you can go forward. That adage is quite true.
    Do you have a source, because I clearly remember them suggesting just that in a video. I can't remember where its at, atm. It was just a suggestion anyways, not confirmed.
  5. azmundai

azmundai Well-Known Cupcake

i tend to take a word like catering literally instead of trying to breath my own meaning into it to help my argument.
  6. jackashflash

20 man hardcore content huh..
    Well you know what they say, here is the door! WS can't please everyone! I wish those people the best of luck with the next MMO that hits the market. Nothing against them, but this just isn't what we have been told to expect from WS.
  7. Ark

Ark Cupcake-About-Town

What scares me is that so many of you seem so keen to turn people AWAY from a game that is still in development. Right now, this community is looking to be one of the worst i have encountered in any mmo i have played. You dont even know what they are planning for the game and you are already trying to show people the door, simply because they do not agree with your idea of what wildstar MIGHT be. You dont even know yourself yet.....
    Dave Bowman likes this.
  8. Ark

Ark Cupcake-About-Town

since you joined today, im going to go ahead and assume you are someones second account, created to agree with yourself, and to try and get some kind of abusive responce from me. You are clearly baiting me with that first sentance, since it is VERY obvious that i said no such thing. I think you need to take your trolling, baiting tactics somewhere else thank you very much.
    Livnthedream likes this.
  9. jackashflash

They aren't going to be able to please everyone! No one can.
    Furthermore, WS seems to be trying to appeal to a niche market.

If they have hardcore 20 man raiding, and I doubt they will, then I am fine with it. If thy don't, then I am fine with that too. However, this is a deal breaker for some, and these people are going to be unappy with whatever they implement. In which case there is nothing to say but, there is the door, and don't let it hit you on the ass on the way out.

Asking for a source is bait tactics?

This whole victim act you are putting on is getting really old.
  10. Infamouz

Infamouz Well-Known Cupcake

I'm sorry you feel so. I personally like these forums alot, and in comparison to many other forums these are very well moderated, polite and constructive. There are many nice and gentle souls here on these forums to talk with. If you start a debate tho you have to understand that people are going to disagree with you even if you shout out the most broadly agreed and liked things.
    You can never please everyone and at times the people you do debate with do not do it in order to find new ways of looking in to things or to educate others or to exhange ideas. Some people just want to argue for the sake of arguing, win argument not because they think they are right but because they want to win argument. Some people just want to troll and provoke others.

"Some men just want to watch the world burn."

Happily enough this kind of a persons are minority on these forums. I have encountered few of them and after long debate I saw it's best to ignore them as they add no value to the conversations they participate in.
    Ark likes this.
  11. Ark

Ark Cupcake-About-Town

Yup, this will be my last post in reply to you, as i find your attitude completely repulsive. The bait tactic comment was very, very clearly in relation to your first sentance, which you conveniently forget about when you replied, but instead focused on the only constructive part of an otherwise destrucive post.

hopefully you will go back to your main account and give up the act. then we can continue a proper chat.
  12. Ark

Ark Cupcake-About-Town

yeah i guess the people coming in here with the intention of winding people up succeed from time to time. I deff overreacted in that post, as in general, this forum has been quite fun and layed back. I avoided the flying mount debates as i have no strong feelings one way or another, but i certainly noticed that anything with the words "accessability, LFR, or 1%/hardcore in the title seem to attract a huge amount of aggression. im guessing some of that aggression is missplaced passion, and i suppose i should be better at spotting that.

In no way have i tried to FORCE people to accept what i am saying as right. What i am trying to get is constructive feedback about what people DO want, with specific, detailed examples, instead of the typical "i want it the way things used to be".

I might be expecting a bit too much of people though i suppose. Either way, i have strongly dissagreed with what others have said in other posts, and your name seems familiar, possibly someone i have had some such incident with, but im totally fine with that. Thats life, i just move on. i was just amazed at the number of forum members claiming ownership of a game not yet released, and saying it is thier game, being made for them, the way they like it, and if anyone desagrees they can leave. I did however, like the next post where it was completely watered down to an opinion OTHERS MIGHT HAVE. i lold.

cheers.
  13. Myrrdhinn

Myrrdhinn Well-Known Cupcake

<Moderator growl> Please, stop the aggressive debate and calm down. Don't make us put more topics to the Prohibited pit of died discussions. </Moderator growl>
  14. Infamouz

Infamouz Well-Known Cupcake

I doubt that. I try to be respectfull to other posters as long they are towards me. I have rarely lost my patience on these forums. Only two posters have made me lose my patience before and you are neither of them. I might argue against certain points, but I have no reason to be disrespectfull to anyone just because their opinions differ from mine.
  15. Ark

Ark Cupcake-About-Town

Yeah incident prolly wasnt the right word to use. it was not a bad thing at all. a difference in opinions. it was a good thing.
  16. azmundai

The irony of all of this, is that it would be great to have an in game tool that helped raid leaders find people for their raids. Sometimes you just need 1 more person and instead of spamming trade chat for hours on end, it would be nice to be able to post a vacancy, get some possible people for the role and then be able to decide which one to take.

Same is true for forming groups. Somehow this simple idea was turned into a system that throws random people into an instance in a few seconds ... as if they just copied what worked for pvp and called it a day. I am all for efficiency, but not when it's breaking what was so awesome about the genre which was ownership in pve, and rivalry in pvp.
  17. jackashflash

If you got 39 people or 19 people, then it probably isn't hard to spam chat and find 1 last person. It would not take seconds or minutes, not hours.

More victim nonsense. If anyone is baiting here it is you for attention.

I am trying to be constructive, but when you merely repeat the same two things over and over it is hard. Every single post is you arguing semantics about an internet definition, followed by rambling on about different raiding difficulties. (Which we pretty much know wont exist.)

Then you play the victim card, and cry that people aren't taking you serious, and no one is replying in a manner you see proper. Boo Hoo!

Lol, what do you expect?
  18. azmundai

disagree. ive had to cancel countless raids because we were 1 or 2 people short. it can be hard to find 1 person for a 30 minute dungeon let alone a 2-3 hour raid. a system like that could work for 2, 3, or even 5 people as well.
  19. jackashflash

Heck, I remember raiding with less than 40 back in the day just because we lacked a few people. Guild leader didn't like to do pugs. Sometimes we would go do easier content.

I wouldn't mind if there was a list you could your name down for. Something like that existed in WoW at one time, but it wasn't very popular on my server. We were low-mid pop though. Some people said they got more use out of it though.

As long as it doesn't slippery slope into LFR, then I am fine with about anything.