1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

LFG Tool, a Poll

Discussion in 'WildStar General' started by Lyas Tyrell, Apr 5, 2013.

?

If you are trying to group with just your server, should it warp you to instance?

1. Yeah, why not

107 vote(s)
    46.3%
  2. No, it's my server I'll walk

124 vote(s)
    53.7%
  1. Chosenxeno

Chosenxeno Cupcake-About-Town

Been there. Done that. No thanks:)
    Ianpact and Khrusky like this.
  2. Sevvy

Sevvy Cupcake-About-Town

Why is that unrealistic?

Group finder didn't solve any problems, it created them.
    John likes this.
  3. BlindSear

BlindSear Super Cupcake

If it's a stepping stone for raiding, it should be that if you're good enough to finish all the heroic 5 man dungeons, you can immediately be accepted into a progression based 20-man raid. Not to say it has to be the best raid group. The "heroic" dungeons shouldn't be easy enough to run the entire thing without ever communicating at all, unless you have the raiding gear. It should feel more like a progression, and not just because the people in your group are bad. For heroic content to feel heroic, wipes should be acceptable at the very least. Not to the point where you spend an entire night wiping to the same boss, but to the point that the dungeon MAY take you an hour would be reasonable.

In other words if the dungeon forces players to communicate to finish the dungeon in 20-30 mins, and those who only communicate minimally and don't devise strategies for the bosses will take an hour or more. It's already been stated that Carbine wants to change the heroic dungeons and raids every week to keep it fresh. They appear to not have a problem forcing players to communicate due to changing strategies. I'd be fine if every time you got into a heroic dungeon group, you had to log into a voice comm chat just to finish the thing.

Because it's now an expectation on the game itself upon launch. Look how it worked out for SWTOR (at launch). If there is simply no LFG system in place many of the player base will see it as "inability to implement current technologies" instead of a design decision for what's supposed to be a large population. Also, Carbine has already stated they're going to be there.

That said... check out the thread in my sig. I'm trying to make a safe haven for those who want basically no LFG system, but without support it's simply not going to happen.
  4. Chosenxeno

Jerks, Ninjalooters and slackers all existed before LFG.
    Ianpact and Khrusky like this.
  5. Joukehainen

Joukehainen Well-Known Cupcake

GW2 has no DF and it's doing a hell of a lot better than TOR. :) But tangent.
  6. BlindSear

BlindSear Super Cupcake

But they were held accountable, and the server could be notified of them. That's more of a cross server vs. same server argument though.
  7. Dnevnoy

Dnevnoy Cupcake-About-Town

This gets brought up a bunch. I really don't think SWTORs failing had all that much to do with LFG. It had a number of problems at launch including: clunky and unsatisfying combat and the world feeling very closed in and instanced, which I think were much more significant causes of SWTOR's failure. BTW the whole focus on story they did showed a complete lack of understanding of how you need to approach an MMO - waaay too themeparky in its design.

And yes I know people did complain about the feature lacking.
  8. BlindSear

BlindSear Super Cupcake

Ugh... that's a freemium business model vs. a sub based model argument... Also, from what I can tell GW2 dungeons are not run very often. I don't know I haven't played GW2, but that's the feeling I get every time it's talked about. Either way I think that's a separate argument altogether.

That said we don't know what the business model is for Wildstar, nor are we allowed to discuss it, so DON'T REPLY TO THIS BIT OF THE POST PLEASE!
  9. Chosenxeno

You can report any of these actions in game or on the forums. Yelling "Player" is a ninjalooter won't keep him out of guilds if he's a great player(trust me on that ;) ). I've seen all manner(Racist, homophobes and jerks in general) of player still get into the best guilds despite their reputations, based on how well they played.
    Khrusky likes this.
  10. BlindSear

BlindSear Super Cupcake

That doesn't explain why people (a fair bit) would level completely by PvP battlegrounds, which was queue based... Also, leveled from space missions, which were solo instanced "queued" if you will...

Basically people will opt for the queue system if it exists, because it makes the grind for gearing up in endgame quicker. Now, if your player base skips through and gets to a broken endgame, that makes them leave quickly. My point is more that the lack of LFG did not help the community in any way, as groups were as elitist and non-inclusive as always, despite not having it.
  11. BlindSear

BlindSear Super Cupcake

If you report him to the guild master, it's possible they don't give him any loot because they'll just leave for a different guild once they get it. Sure they'll be in the best guild and allowed to raid as a main until they don't need him anymore. It's not a perfect system, but it works better than having no chance at all.
  12. Calsic

Calsic Cupcake-About-Town

I run into people all the time in gw2 who have never run a dungeon. No lfg, so they don't bother.
    Chosenxeno likes this.
  13. BlindSear

BlindSear Super Cupcake

Exactly, the non-inclusion of the LFG system is a poor idea if you want people to play your dungeon content. Which that is the extent of most player's PvE gameplay (this includes the population set of all players, not just the ones exclusive to PvE content).
  14. Joukehainen

Nope, I had no intention of making an argument about those models, just meant that not every new MMO has DF, and they don't necessarily fail as a result of not having it. :)

That's odd, all I ever see are people running fractals since they added them! Anyway off topic.
  15. BlindSear

BlindSear Super Cupcake

Ok, so no DF means players will mass exodus unless there's a hook to get them back in. In GW2 case the hook is, you've already bought the game and are bored of other stuff at the moment I'll try <bleh>.
  16. Joukehainen

Regardless, DF is in Wildstar for a fact. I just wanted to point out what I did! I'll have to disagree that it necessarily causes outright harm to a game when it's missing.
  17. BlindSear

BlindSear Super Cupcake

I would say that it would detract many players from the game initially... Whether in the long term this is good or bad for the game, I cannot say.
  18. Dnevnoy

Dnevnoy Cupcake-About-Town

You are welcome to your opinion but I just can't believe that an otherwise great game would have any trouble holding people purely because it didn't have a dungeon finder. I could be wrong though. Unfortunately impossible to prove either way since several other factors are anyways involved.

I do think more generally though that we are seeing a trend of increasing convenience features in MMOs and we are also seeing a growing dissatisfaction with the MMOs in general. There might be something in that.
    Joukehainen likes this.
  19. BlindSear

BlindSear Super Cupcake

So, let's say the raiding in the game is the most amazing the world has ever seen, and the leveling content is amazing as well, but the dungeon system has no DF in it. You will severly limit your player base simply because of this. Some players simply don't have the time to sit in town to look for a group, and will have trouble getting to the raid because of this.

That said... check out the thread in my signature. I've seen a whole handful of posts from you that suggests you support this, but without supporting the community for traditional LFG systems I (quite honestly) have a hard time believing you... If you want the game to have a viable option other than DF we're going to have to give Carbine a reason to test it out.
  20. SituationSoap

SituationSoap Cupcake-About-Town

I hope to have it up this afternoon.