1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

LFG Tool, a Poll

Discussion in 'WildStar General' started by Lyas Tyrell, Apr 5, 2013.

?

If you are trying to group with just your server, should it warp you to instance?

1. Yeah, why not

107 vote(s)
    46.3%
  2. No, it's my server I'll walk

124 vote(s)
    53.7%
  1. BlindSear

BlindSear Super Cupcake

Ok, please post it here once it's done, I'd like to check out your reasoning... Also, I'd like to place bets on how quickly it gets shut down because of behavior. :p
  2. Dnevnoy

Dnevnoy Cupcake-About-Town

I know that's your opinion but its just an assertion. It might be right, it might not. As I've said impossible to prove either way.

As for the second part I think your initiative is admirable but my problem with it is this: As I've discussed in another thread in an MMO it matters how others can play (to me at least). Knowing that everyone can simply teleport to the dungeon kills the immersion even if I myself choose to run there. So I don't really see it as a solution. It would still be nice to play with like-minded players but I'm a Oceanic player so my choice of server is likely to be very limited.
  3. BlindSear

BlindSear Super Cupcake

Why wouldn't you support a cause that could potentially create a server for the players who want no DF? The entire community won't go for it, but I seriously doubt they would have a problem if there were 3 servers (per server region) which didn't allow DF queuing, for those who want it. It may be worth pushing this if enough players are showing interest. If I can get 500 players which want it (out of the 4k or so forum members) Carbine would be much more willing to think twice about it.
  4. Vunak

Vunak Cupcake-About-Town

I would just remove instant port to dungeons off PvP servers, its a PvE mechanic and doesn't make sense to cater to PvE players on PvP servers. It kills World PvP. If people don't care about World PvP they can join PvE servers. It still has Instanced PvP. Literally the only difference between PvP and PvE servers are the OW PvP aspect of PvP servers. Cater to the world PvPers on PvP servers.
  5. BlindSear

BlindSear Super Cupcake

Settlers, world content for same faction even! Also, paths, world content for anyone in the group! Hard to say without knowing the extent of what Settlers are capable of.
  6. Sevvy

Sevvy Cupcake-About-Town

That's not what I meant.

One of the problems, though, is it turned a whole lot of MMO players into a bunch of entitled crybabies that will threaten to not play a game unless that game finds groups for them and teleports them to instances.
  7. Vunak

Vunak Cupcake-About-Town

I do wonder how much the paths are going to have to do at endgame though.
  8. BlindSear

BlindSear Super Cupcake

Those players happen to pay the bills so the developers can make things that are truly great for the group that will truly appreciate it. I personally don't have $10,000 to spend on one game... and I'm willing to bet that 1,000 other people will want to either.

Either way same conversation with you as I had with Dnevnoy. If you're going to claim that the group finder is bad for the game health, but won't support a community trying to make populations which opt out of it, I have a hard time believing any of your arguments. Check out the thread in my signature, then we'll talk.
  9. BlindSear

BlindSear Super Cupcake

Yeah... no idea... so, too soon to say on whether it's ONLY necessary for PvP servers. It's only certain that PvP servers will have potential effects from some sort of travel to the dungeon entrance. So, test it on them first.
  10. SituationSoap

SituationSoap Cupcake-About-Town

11. Sevvy

Sevvy Cupcake-About-Town

• Please try to avoid posts that have an unnecessary aggressive tone or could be viewed as a personal attack
    Because people whine that things aren't convenient. Then people whine that the game is too hard. So companies cave and make things stupidly convenient and easy, people "beat" the game in a month and quit.

So these conveniences don't help games at all, in my opinion. They help people get bored of them quicker.

When did I say I won't support anything? I'll look at it... later.
    Joukehainen likes this.
  12. Calsic

Calsic Cupcake-About-Town

Some conveniences are good, some aren't. I don't think it's wise to throw out all conveniences because some of them are bad for the game. I remember when I discovered that all the cooking recipes were just sitting there on a vendor in the capitol city during Cata. I just shook my head. That was a good example of taking convenience too far. But it's hardly the same as adding a tool to find a dungeon group.
    Khrusky likes this.
  13. Rainydays

Rainydays New Cupcake

I don't think teleporting to the dungeon would be so bad.. but I sure hope that the LFG tool only gathers from your own server and not a cross-server pool. Only because I plan on being an RP'er and playing on an RP server.
    Sylvan likes this.
  14. BlindSear

BlindSear Super Cupcake

They're going to have an LFG tool in place at launch that contains a checkbox for same server searching. This is to shorten queue times to reasonable lengths. Also, wouldn't the teleportation thing mess with your immersion on an RP server?
  15. Rainydays

Rainydays New Cupcake

Either way, whether I get teleported or not is okay with me. As long as there is a tool in place that helps us get groups together, rather than waiting around in town and shouting "LFG for x and x!" until your blue in the face :p
    Calsic likes this.
  16. BlindSear

BlindSear Super Cupcake

Cool, that's great. Glad you spoke up. I don't think anyone who posted here was planning on rolling on an RP server and doesn't mind teleporting straight into the dungeon.
  17. Naunet

Naunet Well-Known Cupcake

And this is not stuff that should be happening when a group is trying to run an instance. All of that stuff can lure players out into the world when they are not running a dungeon.
  18. BlindSear

BlindSear Super Cupcake

Think of it as part of running the instance. Then who's got the more interesting content the guy who had to fight his way in or the guy who just ended up there?
  19. Naunet

Naunet Well-Known Cupcake

I know who caused the most frustration for the rest of the group.

Running from a town to an instance is not engaging gameplay; it's just a boring time sink that is usually marked with AFKs on flightpaths or buying a scroll. I would much prefer a game where they relied on actual content - paths, dynamic events, open world objectives - to lure people out into the world. Forcing manual travel to an instance is just boring and all your compromise does is add an extra annoyance of another loading screen.
    Khrusky, Sylvan and Soylentgreen like this.
  20. Calsic

Calsic Cupcake-About-Town

My guess would be the guy who just ended up there, since the guy who decided to fight his way in probably got kicked and replaced.