1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

LFG Tool, a Poll

Discussion in 'WildStar General' started by Lyas Tyrell, Apr 5, 2013.

?

If you are trying to group with just your server, should it warp you to instance?

1. Yeah, why not

107 vote(s)
    46.3%
  2. No, it's my server I'll walk

124 vote(s)
    53.7%
  1. Aheadache

Aheadache Well-Known Cupcake

Always been on the fence about the auto port to the instance. Like others stated it has its pros and cons. Was like an adventure in it self to get the group together in early WoW so the porting does speed up the idea of doing the instance. I think it takes away from the adventure a little, it bypasses content, that part I hate. Like flying mounts, it makes the ground game look empty with roads less traveled.

COH was kinda cool, you had quick ways to get from city to city and quick travel methods to get to the instance door so the wait was not so bad.

But on the side of time, I hate waiting on the group member that is AFK mowing the lawn while the others are standing at the door of the instance waiting. So in all honesty, still on the fence with this, I do miss the walking to the instance and using a summon method to port the ones that cant get there but I would rather have the port to instance option to speed up things.
  2. Aheadache

Aheadache Well-Known Cupcake

Ah good old shards.... I used to farm before MC runs and fill my bags with shards so I could summon everyone and pass out stones. Them were the days. Team Leader had all the Locks give a count of shards lol. Was short lived when I changed to a Warrior, had enough respect to get to the instance on time my self then.
  3. Liris

Liris Cupcake-About-Town

As someone who also had a warlock main... I'm sooo right there with you.
  4. Vembumees

Vembumees Cupcake-About-Town

Damn, that's the oldest trick in the book
  5. Black Wolf

Black Wolf Super Cupcake

This is the solution. Social control.
    Joukehainen, Lethality and Yakzan like this.
  6. Ego13

Ego13 Cupcake-About-Town

This just seems equally childish as someone being a jerk. Be the better person and don't impede the group. Usually these kinds of attitudes were just as bad as the person causing the problem.
    Vembumees likes this.
  7. Dnevnoy

Dnevnoy Cupcake-About-Town

Well it doesn't really make sense to have own server groups walk there and X-server get ported since there is more incentive to X-server which I view as a negative outcome. In both cases you should have to make your way to the dungeon. This doesn't need to be arduous - I don't care if you can pretty much fast travel there and then walk for 30 seconds - but anything is better than suddenly you are magically in the dungeon.

If not there should at least be a requirement that players have to have physically gone to the location in the past to unlock the dungeon as an option.

My experience is if the game becomes a lobby it is no longer fun - and that is what will happen if almost all of the endgame (warplots, battlegrounds, arenas, dungeons) are simply done via and queue and teleport.
  8. Mephisto

Mephisto New Cupcake

I for one dont want to wait on other players because they are lost or doing something else at the time when they should be ready to go into the dungeon for the group.
  9. Lethality

Lethality "That" Cupcake

I disagree. This problem has to be corrected "upstream" which in this case means not facilitating the behavior that makes players lazy and feel "entitled" to be summoned to a dungeon rather than hoof it there like the summoner did.
    Lyas Tyrell, Joukehainen and Khrusky like this.
  10. Chomag

Chomag Cupcake-About-Town

1. Going together would not help against a max level player like in the situation I talked about, nor would it help against the zerg of enemy players also summoning their members.
    2. Occasionally running into such situations, is hardly a reason not to play on a pvp server.

The only people whining about ppl being teleported to the dungeon were actually the gankers who suddenly couldn't camp summon stones and "pawn noobs" anymore.
    Ego13 likes this.
  11. Vembumees

I'm the person who kicks anyone out from the group who is underperforming, leave after I see that the group I am with are slow/new mmorpg players, pretty much I leave/kick anything that slows down my progression.
    If I would have to put any effort to get to the dungeon itself, I would be more patient because then leaving the group and making a new one would be more of a waste of time than finishing the run.

Oh yeah in addition I'm also the person who would "pawn noobs" at the meeting/summoning stone, but it's not really why I would want them, because I can pawn noobs in a lot of other places that can cause much more terror and havoc to much more players than a simple 5 man group. I also liked getting pawned at the summoning stone when I was a noob, because it lead to a lot of social/pvp action that I would had never had without them. I actually don't think I would had even met a quarter of the people/played it as long as I did if LFD would had been implemented to wow from the beginning. We all had varied experiences with the game I guess you just didn't get those enjoyable moments, that's a pity.

I am aware and sure that lfd will stay as it is, but I'm just saying.
  12. Ico

Ico Moderator • WSC's Gentle Flower

As a pally who always started travelling before invite time, I'm right there with you. I don't understand how people can be lazy about their movement in a game for crying out loud. I know most of my past raiding guilds (that I haven't run) have had a lot of lazy members who would genuinely sit idle in SW or Ironforge and just wait for the summon. Of course the raid started 15 minutes late by the time everyone was summoned and yet the neglect to realise it's purely their fault.

I'm all for summoning but you should be on your way or have a damn good reason to not be travelling, that's just showing respect to fellow guildies who've bothered to get there on time/summon others. I've dropped quite a few players from a insta raid invite due to their laziness in this regard.

I know this is slightly unrelated, but am I the only one who feels that in other MMO's reviving suffers the same problem? The sheer amount of times that I'd run back, run all the way through the cleared dungeon, only to find that 2-3 members of my five man haven't even bothered to release. In WoW this would end up being an extra few minutes setback per wipe, due to cast times then the regen required after the revive. I even experienced it in GW2 when you got to revive in the effing dungeon!

As for whether or not it should warp you, I think it should be yes/option to warp, IF you've discovered the instance. An exception should be is if you're in a server group and the instance entrance is behind content that's meant to challenge a group. An instance portal behind a small army of elites should force the players to fight/run through, the more gear you get the less of a challenge this becomes.
  13. Soylentgreen

Soylentgreen Well-Known Cupcake

Doesn't really sound like you'd actually like having to walk to the dungeon. Your nostalgia goggles might make it seem like it was a better time, but I suspect just as with anything that "slows down your progression" you'd tire of it quickly. Maybe I'm way off base here but from general tone of that message that's what it screams to me.
    Ego13 likes this.
  14. Ego13

Ego13 Cupcake-About-Town

I'm in complete agreement with you on the whole showing up to raids/groups/etc.. early and, as primarily a healer, I cannot STAND people that don't run back; biggest pet peave ever. Sadly I compromise mine and everyone's time and still rez them because it's just inconsiderate to be an ass at that point, but I do remember them.
    Malorak and Ico like this.
  15. Vembumees

I'd take a more active world and over slower progression. I have no nostalgia goggles, I've played vanilla WoW in blizzlike private servers as well and had the same experiences in regards of these "mechanics" as I did when I played it. A simple thing as walking into dungeon opens up a lot of "hidden" game elements, as do all the other inconvinience "mechanics".

Oh and about the "slows down your progression". Walking to a dungeon is forced slow-down. I can't run the dungeon without walking there. Being in a group with bad players is an optional slow-down. I can just be a rude person and unbind myself from the slowdown. Being in the first version group feels like a duty I just have to make and second one feels like self-torture if I go through it with the group.
    This is just my "elitist" or whatever you want to call it standpoint.
    Dnevnoy and Malorak like this.
  16. Ico

Ico Moderator • WSC's Gentle Flower

I'll revive them if I've done the run back, normally with some quasi-offensive remark about their laziness, but if they do it again I'll just upright leave the group, normally because the wiping and the revival laziness tend to be connected. That may sound rude, but seeing as I do 95% of my runs with guildies, it doesn't really effect a lot of runs.
    Ego13 likes this.
  17. TehTic

TehTic Cupcake

Personally I prefer to group with my server. As I already have a problem developing meaningful friendships since I am such a suspicious person. So I would choose to group with a server or what have you to hopefully develop more closely knit friendships. I fully believe in quality of friendships over quantity, I guess that this is why I do not value adding hundreds of people to twitter or Facebook.
    Vembumees and Malorak like this.
  18. Malorak

Malorak Cupcake-About-Town

First of all: The LFG Tool pretty much makes having a reputation disappear. People won't give two <REDACTED>s if you ninjaloot, ninjapull, or just "troll" (I hate this phrase..). You can do whatever you want, people will maybe report you for it, but that's it. Great.

In older times or times without these, you would be flamed pretty badly if you did something like this. People would know you pretty quickly and wouldn't take you with them.

Also...Why do you get teleported? This is REALLY stupid. You can just sit in the main city/Your house, wait for queues to pop up and never leave the city/Your house ever again. Greeeeat.

Atleast require people to explore the dungeon once so they know where it's located...Thanks.
    Joukehainen likes this.
  19. Ego13

Ego13 Cupcake-About-Town

The tool is going to exist...period. Arguing this point is moot.
    You still won't be able to avoid "ninjalooters/trolls/ninjapullers/or just general ninjas that kill you" because they can use it also.

Older times weren't better...we just didn't have other options, we didn't know better. Camping that one rare mob for 36 hours seemed like the only option at the time to fill that ring slot.
    Soylentgreen likes this.
  20. Yakzan

Yakzan "That" Cupcake

<Mod Monocle> Please keep the posts and discussion constructive and, just as important, on topic. </Mod Monocle>