1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Light Armor Wearers Will do More DPS then Others?

Discussion in 'WildStar Classes & Paths' started by Iskiab, Dec 2, 2013.

1. Iskiab

Iskiab Cupcake

So in the last stream it was mentioned that the lighter your armor the more dps your character will do. Since all the light armor wearers are ranged, does that mean that ranged dps will be higher dps then melee?

I want to play a melee in this game but to hear that is discouraging.
  2. Deltre

Deltre Cupcake-About-Town

I'm sure it will balance out man, these devs don't seem like dumb guys. Also, play how you want. I can't tell you how often I get <REDACTED>ed at in bf4 for sitting around all day sniping, but whatever man I paid for it and I'm gonna do what I want.
    Mondasin and Leiloni like this.
  3. Luciamund

Luciamund Cupcake

no what they were saying is that base stats will be more effective on cloth wearers.

what that actually means is cloth wearers get 100% of effective stats from gear.

where a heavy armor might get 90% effective stats from gear while having the option to do something like use a class ability to neuter their armor for say 10 seconds per 145 seconds to double their damage for that time frame (135*.9) + (10*1.8) all divided by 145 we get 139.5 seconds worth of effective cloth wearer output not counting other cool downs being blown simultaneously.

this is an extremely simplistic view on combat math but they already said the warrior works like this, but probably with much shorter cycles than I laid out.

this is not taking into account expected functional up time and expected hit percentage for different skill level players. They may think it is ridiculously difficult to land more than 85% of your shots as a character at greater than 20 yards thus should have a bonus for it.

Without in encounter Damage per second reads i would take the argument of better results from stats with more than a grain of salt... more like a 40 pound bag.
  4. Tribe

Tribe Well-Known Cupcake

source
    Kataryna likes this.
  5. Leiloni

Leiloni Cupcake-About-Town

You go girl!

/highfive

In addition to that quote they did mention that the melee have dps stances which lower their armor value in return for higher dps. So I don't think there will be a huge difference for melee dps.

They just had to balance out the fact that those classes can also tank, so the stances and stat difference are the ways they allow them to do comparable dps so they're not OP tanky dpsers.
  6. Taher

Taher Cupcake

Well, no. The two Melee dps'ers have stances, in which they can sort of trade dps for the reduction of armor. E.g Warriors have both a Dps and Tanking stance, in which the Dps one gives 33% more damage, but a 20% armor reduction (I think). Stalkers also have a Dps stance (Lethal stance), which works similarly to the Warrrior. By doing this, the Devs have given a chance for players, such as you and I, to play melee classes and still top the dps meters. Unlike, for instance, WoW, where Warriors are forced to tank and their dps turns out to be one of the worst in PvX.
  7. Deltre

Deltre Cupcake-About-Town

Mhmmm you know it.
  8. Iskiab

Iskiab Cupcake

Good to know. I assumed that there must have been a mistake in there somewhere, melee doing less damage seems jacked so I wanted to see if anyone knew of some dev posts that clarified what they meant.
  9. Taher

Taher Cupcake

Mate, check the AMA. And, take a look at this:
    http://prntscr.com/28fvik - Warrior

And:
    http://prntscr.com/28fwdl - Stalker

Hope that answers your question!