1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

live birth and other things

Discussion in 'WildStar Races' started by THIS AURINS ON FIRE!!!!!!, Mar 18, 2014.

1. THIS AURINS ON FIRE!!!!!!

THIS AURINS ON FIRE!!!!!! Cupcake-About-Town

for those of who do not know, the darken give live birth. they do not lay eggs and are actually not reptilian(kinda like a platypus) this was stated by the devs. do you believe this information is interesting and useful? so i guess next i should ask will this affect you playing them or anything else?( prob won't:cautious:)
  2. Domi Dayglow

Domi Dayglow Super Cupcake

I still want to know where baby Mechari come from.

Also, do Granok lay eggs?

Also, also I really don't want to know anything about the personal lives of Chua. Ew.
  3. Kataryna

Kataryna Super Cupcake

It's easy - they mate like Gerbils. There ARE male and female Chua, but only Chua can tell the difference.
  4. Domi Dayglow

No, I'm pretty sure there's something about water and books bound in skin, and weird demonic chanting involved too.
  5. filanwizard

filanwizard Cupcake-About-Town

My guess is Mechari are the only ones that likely have no real childhood. Being AIs they could be updated with the experience of all currently online mechari.
  6. Kataryna

Kataryna Super Cupcake

pretty sure us Chua's only religion is SCIENCE! (and blowing things up too...that's good, yea...)
  7. THIS AURINS ON FIRE!!!!!!

if granok lay eggs it will be kinda cool and disturbing at the same time:D
  8. Kaeret

Kaeret New Cupcake

Hadn't really given it much thought, but no. Knowing this about any given race wouldn't necessarily affect my choosing to play them or not, but then I'm not an active roleplayer that might have some notion of acting out an actual birthing event or whatever.

I suppose how one came into the world might in some way play a role in how the individual develops physically/emotionally as they "grow up", but since our characters are essentially (presumably) past their youth, I think most players are more interested in the here and now and what is to come.

Again though, from a roleplayer perspective (which I presume would be the ones most concerned about this?) the past is where it all begins. I would think that whatever way the draken reproductive system works, they would run with it and make it work for their "story", if they are really worth their salt as a roleplayer.
  9. THIS AURINS ON FIRE!!!!!!

yeah i was thinking to my self about how that question might mean little to most players, i might need to change it
  10. Sonntam

Sonntam Cupcake-About-Town

Do you have the source, by the way? This was a question I wondered about too, but have not found any lore about that. A link would be very appreciated!
  11. Satarn

Satarn Cupcake-About-Town

According to Carbine, Mechari don't have any special connection with each other and no other ways of communication than standard verbal and somatic ones they use to interact with organics. Updates, if possible, would be more like you reading a book or something. You can hack a Mechari to get information from them - Exiles do it - but no idea if they can download any information for themselves.

They may be activated with some standard knowledge and maybe a certain amount of additional information and hardware to assist them with some predestined role(like a stalker Mechari should have something to work as the serum-given cerebral interface and nano-skin, while a warrior's platform would probably be more sturdy). They may also just get the hardware updates later, simultaneously learning things the same way we do.
  12. Mahanaxar

Mahanaxar Cupcake

All I know is that there will be no spacezombabies until a cure for the Contagion is found. Most male Mordesh polled are fine with that.
  13. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

Zombies are dead, they can't have babies.

Mordesh aren't dead.

Your logic fails.

Go feel bad for being an Exile!

You uneducated bunch!

Death to all Exiles!!!
  14. THIS AURINS ON FIRE!!!!!!

15. Snapdragyn

Snapdragyn New Cupcake

Direct quote (emphasis mine) from http://www.wildstar-online.com/en/game/races/

"Mordesh
    • Intellectual. Morose. Decomposing
    Cursed with a degenerative disease after delving into the forbidden secrets of alchemy, the Mordesh have come to Nexus to find a cure. Being a space zombie can be complicated. Unleashing dark and deadly disciplines on the Dominion? Much simpler."
  16. Domi Dayglow

Someone's going to make a mordesh space zombie named Shane. I just know it. (yays! Walking Dead reference!)
  17. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

18. Domi Dayglow

Chua probably lay eggs.
  19. Bloodclott

Bloodclott Cupcake

Zombies are dead people mad with hunger

Although the Mordesh are decomposing and can loose there minds without the Vitalus Serum they don't actually die. Infact the Mordesh that DO die from the Contagion are mauled to death by Ravenous.

Although you are right though, they likely will not reproduce unless Lazarin finds a cure (which might actually be possible in the future)

If anything Carbine there is creating a allusion to a in-game joke that Mordesh actually hate being called Space Zombies due to that's exactly how Dominion propaganda depicts them (the Dominion Starter zone stereotypes all the Exile races. Aurin are pacifist tree huggers, Granok are binge drinkers, Exile humans are dumb hicks, and Mordesh are just plain old zombies that will tear you to pieces)
  20. Felion

Felion Cupcake-About-Town

That was my initial guess too. If their universe is similar to ours in evolutionary history, this means that humans are closer related to Chuas than to Drakens.

Drakens are likely direct descendents of the common ancestor between reptiles and mammals. The reptilian members within there are called mammal-like-reptiles. Modern mammals are only a branch of these animals and split off after the Jurassic. The reptilian features that Drakens possess are evidence enough that they likely do not belong to the modern mammals, but rather are descendents of another group of Synapsids. Hence the classification of Draken (and platypus) into mammals is a blurry one, but probably best suited given the options. Classification is a very artificial procedure, we group animals in groups to make things easier, so there are many many "oh <REDACTED>" moments. Nature doesn't do "classifications", the most natural way to refer to the genetic difference between two species is probably by tracing the evolutionary tree. We don't need to know what exactly Platypus is, but by tracing the ancestry we know that they're further from us compared to gerbils, and closer to us compared to lizards.

Here's a wikipedia link to Synapsids:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Synapsid

Aurins are quite mysterious too, they could be rodents, could be feline, could be primates, they even have plant-like features. Would be nice if Carbine can tell us a bit more about their biology!

Rocks and machines --- I wonder if they could make it work from a bio-chem point of view lol, likely they'll go with magic instead...