1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Logitech G600

Discussion in 'Gaming Arena' started by Sapien, Feb 25, 2014.

1. Sapien

Sapien Cupcake-About-Town

Just bought a Logitech G600 - Cant wait to try it out in Wildstar. :)
    Anyone have any experiance with that mouse in actionbased games?
    What do you think about that mouse?

Edit: Thanks for the answers and the info :up:
  2. gabers1

gabers1 Cupcake-About-Town

I went with the G600 after going through a mamba and two Naga Epics- all had issues. While the G600 has been 100% reliable, I did like the feel of the Epic and button placement and design a bit more. I thought this might just be a learning curve but now that I have used it for several months, I think I can safely say that I prefer the style of the Epic. The G600 has contoured/slanted side buttons (Epic was flat) so I thought the buttons would be an improvement over the flat ones but I find myself hitting more than one button more often on the G600. Even though I prefer the buttons and style of the Epic, I think the G600 is a great mouse and will continue to use it until Razer can build a quality mouse that can stand up to normal game use.
    Sapien likes this.
  3. Kataryna

Kataryna Super Cupcake

i have the one below it - the G500s - small girl hands plus not really caring to have the buttons all over.
    :inlove: Logitech mice though! being able to change the weight is interesting.
  4. Cogburn

Cogburn Cupcake-About-Town

I use a 4 button + scroll button track ball. It's easier for me because I don't have a lot of desk space!
  5. calebrus

calebrus Cupcake-About-Town

I use the g700 and have for years. I absolutely love it. I'm on my second one and I'll probably be replacing it with another when this one dies. It is my belief that the button layout on the g700 is just so much better than any other gaming mouse out there that I will continue to use it until they stop making it.
  6. Mellkor

Mellkor Well-Known Cupcake

Naga..
  7. Bisqquit

Bisqquit "That" Cupcake

I also use a naga, but for the purposes of your question, they're the same thing. Games like Wildstar and GW2 are absolutely ideal for the 12 side button mouse. With the focus on movement and a limited action set, I put most of.my abilities on those side buttons and control movement via the keyboard. I did try a g600 but found the 3rd mouse button (modifier) too unwieldy as I use both mouse buttons to move rather than wasd.
  8. teh_ninjaneer

teh_ninjaneer Cupcake-About-Town

I found a g600 at half-price around Christmas so I picked it up. I've tried using it a couple of times since then, in both MMOs and MOBAs.

Unfortunately, I've used a 5-button mouse and particular keyboard bindings (Q, E, R, Z, X, C, also with Shift and Alt modifiers), that I am having a hard time retraining myself to use the 12 side buttons.

I also use the side mouse buttons for auto-run and mount, and the g600 does not have buttons in similar locations. It's hard for an old gamer to relearn, it seems.
  9. Dirty Outlaw

Dirty Outlaw Cupcake-About-Town

I finally bought a new mouse and I bought the naga 2014 edition and it works great.

Though they did steal some things from logitech in terms of design.

http://lanoc.org/images/reviews/razer_naga_2014/image_25.jpg

I had logitech products fail on me before so I personally don't hold any preference over the other but just going on how the mouse felt on the store I chose the naga over the g600 (which happen to be the first razer product I ever bought before) pretty due to the side buttons honestly I preferred the naga over the g600 in that respect otherwise both mice were good.

edit.
    while looking for a comparison
    I found this.

[​IMG]

Who here wants a war mouse
  10. Laban

Laban Cupcake-About-Town

I really want to try out the G600, big fan of Logitech mouses. Used the amazing MX518 for nearly a decade until I upgraded to its new version, the G400, not because there was anything wrong with my MX518 but I felt it was time. I've used the Razer Naga when I returned to WoW during Cataclysm and was hit with a gazillion of abilites to put on my action bars, but the extremely light weight and poor build quality of the Naga is something I never want to go back too. So I'm looking to try the G600, just to see if the weight and feel is as good as their other mouses, because those extra keys are really handy, almost regardless of what game you play.
  11. Konoko

Konoko Cupcake-About-Town

all i can say is this..

|0giTech4|ife

and this..

I've played video games competitively for a very long time and the only mice that can keep up with me and be reliable time and time again are Logitech mice.