1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Looking for a specific video/interview

Discussion in 'WildStar Classes & Paths' started by Ssj782, Apr 15, 2013.

1. Ssj782

Ssj782 Cupcake

I'm looking for either a video or written interview (read and watched so much about Wildstar I can't remember which) where they said that the designers have a concern about the path system. They said that the concern is about the path level being far below the main level for most players, due to them not bothering with it in the early beta. Can anyone please help me find where i read/heard it?
  2. Zap-Robo

Zap-Robo Administrator • King Cupcake

I don't actually remember any such concern being expressed.
  3. Ssj782

Ssj782 Cupcake

I know I saw it within the last week, but it really doesn't narrow it down much. I've been doing so much. I think it was a video, though... because I swear I listened to it while I learned to use Adobe the other day.
  4. Soylentgreen

Soylentgreen Well-Known Cupcake

I can't remember the exact video or interview that mentioned that but I believe I remember what you are talking about and what they were saying was (and I paraphrase): So far in the alpha tests the levels of both have remained rather balanced but they anticipate people in beta depending on play style might see them diverge or have a disparity, and that they look forward to seeing how it happens and possibly tweaking it.
  5. Ssj782

Ssj782 Cupcake

Something along those lines. I'm thinking it was a video now, though. I just looked at 16 different interviews and couldn't find it. now I'll need to look through 30+ videos.
  6. Críostóir

Críostóir Cupcake-About-Town

The interview in question might be the one with Jeremy Gaffney and ZAM.

I remember seeing / hearing one though, in which one of the devs did discuss this concern, and stated (paraphrasing) that "they'd monitor the situation in beta and adjust accordingly."
  7. Ssj782

Ssj782 Cupcake

Thanks for that, but it's not the one. Ironically, you just showed me an interview I hadn't read yet. :p
    The one I'm looking for said they were actually concerned about having a low path level in beta compared to main level, and it would be a large number of players... I just forget why their path would be low.
  8. Ssj782

Ssj782 Cupcake

I feel the same way. I usually have an extremely good memory for anything I've watched or read... but I've watched/read so much about Wildstar and Starbound every day for the last week that it's hard to seperate them.
  9. Críostóir

Ok, found it!

Pax East 2013 WildStar Demo:

InnocentCivilian had pointed it out awhile ago, so cheers to him:

10. Ssj782

Ssj782 Cupcake

Thank you so much! I am so tired of rewatching these interviews. Sorry that it was so hard to find.
  11. Críostóir

No worries. I'll just need an address to send my bill to, when you get a chance of course.

Oh, you thought I'd done that out of the goodness of my heart? ;)

Anyway, that's a fantastic video, chock-full of goodness. I linked back to InnocentCivilian's post about it, 'cause he did a great job summarizing it. Check out his timestamps there.
  12. InnocentCivilian

InnocentCivilian "That" Cupcake

Always makes me happy when putting timestamps on stuff pays off. :inlove:

Glad that resource came in useful! ^____^
    Críostóir likes this.
  13. Tiberius

Tiberius Cupcake-About-Town

Somehow I missed this video, thanks!