1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Lore question about the spellslinger: How astute is the average spellslinger?

Discussion in 'WildStar Classes & Paths' started by Darasimi, Jul 9, 2014.

1. Darasimi

Darasimi New Cupcake

Hi guys, I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this (I couldn't find the lore forum and I am unable to post on the official forums as I haven't bought the game yet). I've been looking forward to playing this game and plan to get it soon, but in the mean time I thought I would look into the classes.

I've been watching a lot of Full Metal Alchemist lately and I can't help but see the similarities between the transmutation circles there and the spellslinger glyphs here so it got me thinking: How much study goes into being a spellslinger? I know that their motif is a sort of shoot from the hip/go with your gut cowboy but surely with all that magic there must be some sort of aptitude that is demanded from a spellslinger that would distinguish them from the average gunslinger? I'd wager more mental fortitude is required to be an esper but I was just wondering :)

Any lore buffs care to shed some light?

Thanks guys!
  2. Zap-Robo

Zap-Robo Administrator • King Cupcake

I had a dig through my Galactic Archive ingame but alas there doesn't seem to be entries on the classes so there's no readily available official lore and those lore nuts over at WSRP didn't have any more on this either.

Perhaps @Chad Moore would like to stop by and answer? ;)
  3. Kay

Kay Cupcake

I'm not sure, but I do know this much; Insight seems to be a stand-in for intelligence, so Support based Spellslingers might be smarter than offensive ones, with a few abilities that don't seem to be used through their guns. I imagine this is where the sigil mechanic comes in; because from what I read, sigils (as said mechanic) were targeted abilities or something.

That's why I like to play a hybrid Support/Assault Spellslinger for roleplaying purposes (with the scientist specialization to boot) - it makes me feel like a space-wizard! :)
  4. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

I'm always on a different side on this one....

Please note that in almost every game stats do not always corrolate towards any ''lore''. In this I mean a class with high intelligence does not mean every person of that class is inteligent.

I have yet to find a MMO that perfectly matches lore to the stats that classes have.