1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Luminai - Devvy Jonoes

Discussion in 'WildStar Races' started by LordSurinen, Jan 11, 2014.

1. LordSurinen

LordSurinen New Cupcake

How is it possible that Luminai are not one of the playable races? Cosmic Light Elves, can it get any better? I bet rubies from my lifetubes on their popularity. You cannot ship this game without providing me a healthy dose of knife eared superiority! and few more: !!!! to put a bigger accent on it.
  2. Gamm

Gamm Cupcake

What about the race that sells homes. I think it would be fun to be a member of Protostar as a crafter.
  3. LordSurinen

LordSurinen New Cupcake

To be perfectly honest: I do not care about these green blobs of inferiority. What is completely ridiculous from a gamer point of you (not to mention business plan) is not to include Cosmic Light Elves as playable race considering their implementation in the game. furry midgets, humans starting with C, some horny primitives and walking cans but no Luminai? Sacrilege! I want Dominion's best race to be avaible from day 1. I want to bask in the light of Luminai!
  4. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

The only Sacrilege I see is you wanting to put our beloved leaders in harms way on the battle field against those vermins called ''Exiles''.

The Luminai would rarely engage is combat (if it's not hunting), and heck they would rarely leave their own ''realm'' in order to meddle in ''human'' affairs.

It goes against all current info we got about the Luminai.
    Also the biggest problem I see is that the Dominion is already the best faction....with the Luminai it would be even more unbalanced.
    ruff_ethereal likes this.
  5. LordSurinen

LordSurinen New Cupcake

Luminai Light devours corruption on its path. it is you who should be ashamed for even thinking that mud and dirt can hurt them!

no currently avaible information goes against their play as selectable protagonist. [small numbers? it is a relative description]. Dominion lacks sophistication. Only Cassians seem to grasp intragalactic villains etiquette. but the rest? abominations

Luminai must be playable!
  6. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

While I agree that the Luminai would be hard to be hurt by those vermins, none can say the same for the Eldan machines that even the Exiles use fromnow and then. So either way....we work FOR the Luminai! Not the other way around.
    And you dare say the Mechari are abominations? Blashemy! They are made by the Eldan themselves!

The luminai are Demi-Gods...you don't ask them to do the Dirty work!

Luminai must not be playable! They must be servable! Served by servants like you!
    Kataryna likes this.
  7. LordSurinen

LordSurinen New Cupcake

they are not a "race". just a walking bin canes. nobody asks thm to do dirty work , but to guide unworthy!
    Luminai must be playable! I do not forbid you from worshipping me!
  8. Kataryna

Kataryna Super Cupcake

the Luminai are the Demi-Gods of the universe and as such are to be worshiped thusly and not played. There really are so few of them that you won't see many IN the game, at least not very often!
    Extatica likes this.
  9. Satarn

Satarn Cupcake-About-Town

step1 Roll a Cassian
    step2 Make a backstory that states they're an offspring of "forbidden love" between a Luminai and a Cassian(crossbreeds are forbidden by law in Dominion)
    ???
    profit!*

*Satarn takes no responsibility for any cases of being called Mary Sue and/or laughed at.

Seriously, it's already bad that we'll probably have a lot of Mordesh because of the amount of classes, while they should be going extinct. Also having Luminai running around Nexus and performing menial tasks for "lower species" would be ridiculous.

Could be fun to kill some of them though.
  10. LordSurinen

LordSurinen New Cupcake

Demi-Gods or not, itself it is not a reason to not make them playable. Nobility of all sorts enjoy menial, mundane tasks. Cassians are humans and look like humans. I want to look like a Cosmic Light Elf. ridiculous is creating one of the most popular races in the history of fantasy and make them unplayable.
    I demand playable Luminai!
  11. Sonntam

Sonntam Cupcake-About-Town

You need to brush up your Luminai lore.

Luminai already interbreed with humans and the offspring are called highborn. The more Luminai blood your family has, the better your chances at getting somewhere in the world.
    Kataryna likes this.
  12. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

If you take the timeline into consideration his statement is Correct!

He didn't say that there aren't any crossbreeds, he just says they are forbidden...which is correct in this age.
  13. Sonntam

Sonntam Cupcake-About-Town

I must have missed this lore bit, then. Do you have a source or can give me some directions where I might find it?
  14. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

See, it was only in effect after 1376, before that they had 1375 years of doing it with ''normal'' humans. But only after that decree it has become ''illegal'' to do.
    The current age is around 1665, so saying ''crossbreeds are forbidden by law'' would be completely correct.

http://www.wildstar-online.com/en/news/wildstar_wednesday_the_luminai.php
  15. LordSurinen

LordSurinen New Cupcake

It is a great opportunity for developers to please the masses - yes, masses, zillions would adore Luminai as playable race. After doing it they can say: we were listening to our community while working on this game! so give yourself a PR hug and give us[me] Luminai! I do not wish to play as a peasant - let me enjoy divine order of class segregation!
  16. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

So 1 of the masses would not like to play as a peasant?

So a peasant does not want to play as a peasant?
    1 of the masses does not want to play as 1 of the masses?

Bad luck, you ARE and will forever be....1 of the masses and a peasant!
    There isn't even a scale for how much you are apart from the Luminai! It's just too much!
    Kataryna likes this.
  17. LordSurinen

LordSurinen New Cupcake

"masses" is not a synonym of "majority". I like chocolate just like masses of people - also *probably* like majority of them. you did not even ask me. I fully understand that current vile times made people oblivious to rank and breeding but before calling someone "peasant" it is polite to ask about their status. I'm no peasant. Know that I forgive you your mistake.
  18. Satarn

Satarn Cupcake-About-Town

Wow, I don't even need to defend myself because the Dominion Lore Police does it for me.
    Kataryna likes this.
  19. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

See.....everyone knows that Luminai don't eat chocolate! It's in one of the first journals they find on the arkship, just check the streams for one who enters his codex :p

So now all we have to find out is weither you are a high born Cassian or a low born.....I say the latter.

Ps: Which house do you prefer?
    Always at your service to provide correct lore answers :geek:
  20. LordSurinen

LordSurinen New Cupcake

They must like it, it contrasts with their beauty - Luminai face covered in chocolate makes it look as if it is sinking into the void! It is definately one of space camouflage techniques. I say Highborn. I prefer Highborn unless you mean great Houses from the game - I have no access to beta, i do not know (yes, they should send me a key asap).
    Luminai for playable race!