1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Luminai - Devvy Jonoes

Discussion in 'WildStar Races' started by LordSurinen, Jan 11, 2014.

1. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

Even without a beta-acces you should've known the houses and what they respresent. Have you not watched the streams?

Anyway....I myself am very close to the House of Galen, one you don't belong to.
    So again I ask you, from which house are you?
  2. LordSurinen

LordSurinen New Cupcake

indeed,I have not watched the streams. would you be so kind and tell me about houses and their specifications?

do not be so hasty.
    I belong - I belong - I belong - I do not know where I belong.
    I belong to the infinite in their wisdom Thalmor! ekhm!

it is a perfect time for me to enjoy fully the light of my fantasies, have a good sleep and inspiring dreams ta-ta

P.S. you should consider changing your forum undertag(?) it is quite large and intrusive
  3. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

Blasphemy that you do not even know the Great Houses of the Luminai!

Here is a brief reminder:
    We have 6 houses each of the houses got founded by one of the Scions (sons and daughters of Dominus).
    1. The House of Azrion = the Scion of Strenght
    2. The House of Galen = the Scion of Knowledge
    3. The House of Tristan = the Scion of Courage
    4. The House of Korol = the Scion of Devotion
    5. The House of Evindra = the Scion of Purity
    6. The House of Bronos = the Scion of Justice
    Those are the six virtues on which the Vigilant Church was build!

End of RP'ing for now:
    But you can always ask Lore questions to me btw :D it's one of the things I know a lot of.
    Ps: it's called a ''signature'' and that's why forums always have the option to turn them down if you don't like them. So be my guest to hit that button so you don't see it :up: and Chua NEEDS to be intrusive!

Good night though! Sweet dreams of how you will eventually be my understudy! :sneaky:
    Kataryna likes this.
  4. LordSurinen

LordSurinen New Cupcake

How can I know something that is avaible to those who walk the streams! I prefer to embrace light flights!
    It should be on the official page! -or- at least somebody should create a wiki!

I see, six Great Houses. Three of them caught my attention: Knowledge, Purity and Justice. But what is knowledge and justice with no PURITY! I choose The House of Evindra! (by the way, are these numeration official? because I want Evindra as 6th)

I have nothing against signatures, just your signature is "distracting". Chua needs to be erased and replaced by a proper species! (by the way you should not play as them, I have tried little races in the other games, in the end you regret that your gear looks bad on you - unless they introduce species oriented equipment)

Thank you. <gaze of arrogance> no
  5. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

The numeration was done by me to make it easier to see how many there are. As far as I know there is no numeration. Although if there is then the House of Azrion would most likely be nr1 for it was the first house which rised to the throne after Dominus. I don't know yet what House the current Emperor is from.

As far as ''race gear'' if you look in the class section of the official website you can see that a human Esper and a Chua esper have different gear, all classes have different gear on depending on their race. So.....mayby.....who knows?
  6. LordSurinen

LordSurinen New Cupcake

definately from the House of Evindra!

well, with no doubt there will be few race specific armour sets but I would not hold high hopes for every armour to be made like this. in the end Chua players will end with little toons with little deformed armours and weapons.

but yes, I should not forget:
    give me playable Luminai! Cosmic Light Elves deserve it!
  7. Satarn

Satarn Cupcake-About-Town

They probably just have different gear on to show different variations along with the available races. If you look through some official screenshots/streams/etc you can notice same designs on various races. It is possible that there will be some exclusive sets like in GW2 though. Hopefully not.

That said, all races seem to look fine, even Chua, so there's no issue... well at least not with bodies. Horns, ears and tails are a separate case as they look ridiculous sometimes, especially with space helmets during shiphands.
  8. Domi Dayglow

Domi Dayglow Super Cupcake

The early rulers of the Dominion were quite active in terms of combat. Look at the Draken? Their great clan lord was defeated in single combat by the emperor of the time. At the same time, Nexus would be the key to their history and ancestors. So in a certain point of view you have to wonder why they aren't marching across Nexus to claim their heritage.

I wonder if the Lummys have gotten kind of lazy over the last few hundred years? They have ultimate power, ultimate wealth, and ultimate popularity within the Dominion. What reason would they have to put themselves at risk? Has their battleground moved away from war and into politics? Martial prowess is suddenly more important in formal duels than on a crusade of conquering? Though by this time the Dominion probably pretty much conquered all there is worth conquering.
  9. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

It is quite strange that you say this over 1 recorded fight. I am not sure you can do so with so little information. Also the Emperor is only 1 of the luminai, so in this case he's a minority, meaning that if he fights a lot it doesn't mean the ''luminai'' fight a lot.

Truth be told, we have too little information about the Luminai to come to a conclusion to say weither they are heavily engaged into combat or not. Although it does seems like the Luminai might train in the confines of their so called ''realm'' on Cassus.

As for the point you make at the heritage. I have absolutely no doubt that once the Dominion finds something great it will be taken (credit will be taken) by one of the Scions if not the Emperor himself. Mayby that in a future raid that is taken place in an Eldan facility with a lot of Eldan instruments and machinery we'll see a Luminai giving you orders. Aswell as the fact that there may be Luminai in Illium, although I doubt that those Luminai will be the Emperor or any of the Scions. I rather think they will be ''lesser'' Luminai.

As far as ''lazy''.....I don't know, they record that the current Emperor has the same strenght as Dominus. This makes you wonder if he only had to fight Vorios the False and the people have concluded this from that one fight or that he has engaged in multiple fights over time.

TL;DR
    Going on with the ''recorded'' fights we cannot say they are ''active'' in combat.....for now!

Note: Please note that I don't consider the following to be part of ''active combat'':
    Altough this gives us a good reason to see why the Luminai would still train their fighting even without having to engage in ''real'' fights.
  10. LordSurinen

LordSurinen New Cupcake

/virtual slap
    I smell heresy of interdimensional leftism!
    What reason would not they have to put themselves at risk? Life eternal is a game of risk! Risk leads to progress, to divinity! And from what we know, Luminai eagerly participate in power struggles and righteous purges against each other - what would stop them from democratisation of glorious slaughter!
  11. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

The problem lies in the fact that you think that by NOT putting themselves at risk they don't risk anything at all....which is wrong on so many levels.
  12. LordSurinen

LordSurinen New Cupcake

one can argue that every moment of life is full of risk, especially for a divine beings like Luminai. living during everlasting political machinations - but! - it is a coward's definition of risk! true risk does not come for you, but you grab it! risk is not innate, it is obtained!
  13. Domi Dayglow

Carbine has mentioned that Illium wasn't quite done yet. It would be neat to see a row of Lummy houses, perhaps each representing one of the Great Houses within the Dominion. If Nexus is so important that it's clear that those Houses would flock to it. Controlling and discovering Nexus can be the path to political power for them or their rivals.

I'm just wondering if any of the Luminai have gotten soft by living in comfort so long. Some houses I doubt such as ones that represent the virtue of courage, but the others?
  14. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

This is merely an opinion.

You call is ''taking risk'', I call it being dumb! See! Again an opinion. There is no room for an opinion from a little man like you in the discussion about the greatness of the Luminai! Seems to me they atleast know when and what kind of risk they need to take.
  15. LordSurinen

LordSurinen New Cupcake

No opinions should be labelled as "merely". Human speech's main function is to persuade. You can be right or wrong but never *"merely"*!

And again you create platform for your feeding machine and try to put words into my mouth that I have not said! I have never stated that they do not take calculated risks but with no doubt they also relly on ever constant variables of infinitum! For 'luck' lingers in greatness! You mirrored my thoughts exactly!

and about getting soft: impossible! all of the Great Houses represents conflict and each of them has their divinity to reach. it is a ladder created for perpetual contest. fighting makes them stronger and in the result a Godhead[unity] becomes more powerful!
  16. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

I personally don't think we'll see ''Lummy'' houses in Illium.

They will be ''shipped'' in if something ''great or fun'' happens as we've already seen happening in Deradune, unfortunately that ''event'' was not quite what it should've been according to that Luminai :D (I aint spoiling it completely for you! Go watch some more streams).

Each house has their own ''agents'' and i'm very sure they will use them! Heck they are already using them as seen in some streams. But to have houses that respresent them in Illium....a neat idea, but I don't think they'll do it. Don't forget that the Radiant Star of the Dominion is already doing his best to represent all 6 virtues and with that the 6 houses. I'd like to think the Radiant Legion itself is under direct order of the Scions themselves.

I'm not sure the Luminai got ''soft'' and I don't think the Scions are. They are the top of the Luminai, and noway would the Scions of Courage, Strength, Justice be ''soft''.
  17. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

You do know i'm still RP'ing, right? (although this post is not RP!)
    Whatever you and I say is ''merely'' speach of a human....In contrast to the Luminai we are ''merely'' some other creature. So yes ''merely''.....:D Also hence the reason why I used ''little man'' vs the great Luminai.

And nomatter how much you might think you are part of the Luminai...you aren't :p aka you will never be able to play as one! :up:
    Neither did I say that you did say that ;) I used the words ''seems to me that they'' nowhere in that sentence did I used you. It was directed towards the actions of the Luminai as a whole. Not directed towards anything what you did.

Sorry for the ''confusing'' though.
  18. LordSurinen

LordSurinen New Cupcake

now, you have commited a crime against my sanity! of course I'm a Luminai! I do not RP! when I see a godly figure that represents me in some medium then I equate with it! but it must be Light all right! Luminai must be playable! oh I should start writing in some other colour than white so when I write Luminai then it will stand out - yesssh! hmm a little doorkeeper mermaid stole a crabby bike from an old lady in the middle of a domestic fight - and then Luminai appeared! okk, it works nice!

of cours eyou did! now you try to insult my intelligence! but you said something about me in the first phrase! little man --> they at least --> me stupid! me smash! but I forgive you, I'm merciful you know so I will take your shady explanation as pure heart goldy-gold intention!

Luminai must be playable! Go Go little graphic designers and graphic mashers and mishmashers and fishers on the right side and give me 153 zillions of polygons!
  19. Domi Dayglow

I'm still going to call them Lummy :p
  20. Gamm

Gamm Cupcake

Your right they eat Chua instead!!