1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Luminai - Devvy Jonoes

Discussion in 'WildStar Races' started by LordSurinen, Jan 11, 2014.

1. LordSurinen

LordSurinen New Cupcake

so----------------> I have played this game. this week's beta. and what can I say? all the races in the Dominion look horrible, well, maybe except for robots but they cannot be espers.

for the love of pixelated love, I will not buy this game until they add Luminai as playable race. there is no race for me and Myrcalus teasing me here and there is simply devastating! after few tries, I have dropped the beta.

GIVE ME LUMINAI
  2. Kataryna

Kataryna Super Cupcake

they're NEVER going to make Luminai a playable race - there's too few of them! there can't suddenly be 1000s of them!
  3. LordSurinen

LordSurinen New Cupcake

we do not know how much of them there is exactly! it is a wide space! even if there were 30 millions of them, it would be a little in comparison with the wideness of the galaxy! THEY MUST BE PLAYABLE
  4. Kataryna

Kataryna Super Cupcake

They're royalty and demi-gods. they're not going to be playable.
  5. THIS AURINS ON FIRE!!!!!!

THIS AURINS ON FIRE!!!!!! Cupcake-About-Town

the devs said themselves there are few of them, so your saying the devs are wrong :confused:!!!!!
  6. LordSurinen

LordSurinen New Cupcake

it is not as if royalty and demi gods were never playable in games, single and multiplayer, mmo. there is no problem with introducing them. mordesh themselves seem to be pretty rare
    few? show me where they have said it
  7. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

Well they didn't exactly used the word ''few'' but this sentence comes close:
    Relatively small
    population of individuals
    rarely seen
    Kinda overdoes it, all three means there are not a lot of Luminai in other places.

Also there was a small interview years ago when a Dev told us that most Luminai lived in a special ''realm'' (read some kind of city where all their houses are), and most Luminai would not leave that place (the same as in the sentence I quoted).

If you make it a playable race, you completely undermine that statement aswell (ps if I happen to come across the interview again i'll add the link to it).

So again, space isn't as wide if they almost never leave their own city. Now we don't know the exact measures of the small city, but from the interview it sounded not as if it was a big one (hence the use of the words ''small city'').

To describe the realm/city of the Luminai a bit more in detail:
    ''A place where all of the scions houses are''
    Now we know how many houses there are, and so far in-game we haven't heard anything that each house contains hundreds of Luminai. It's quite the opposite, from in-game lore we get the feeling as if there will only be around 20-50 (max) Luminai for each house. Ofcourse this is just the feeling they give you and this is not based on exact facts (this last part). But why would they go through so much lenghts to give you that feeling if it's the complete opposite?

They don't!

They'll stick to what they've said, and they will not easily change the lore to make it a playable race.

Also a side-note:
    The Emperor wasn't on the ship, why would he leave his safe place? (said by an npc) They use holograms which may look like there are more Luminai then there really are.
  8. LordSurinen

LordSurinen New Cupcake

well, populations usually are made out of individuals. in this context, individual may even mean strong personalities.

there is always a reason to mak ethem pop out of their realm. just to swoosh and kaboom something around.

his holo was! it is enough to tease! I want them playable. W A N T! I was much more into this game before I have tried character creation, these human faces uhhh. in dominion only two races can be espers, ugly looking humans and furballs.

they must release two new races before the launch! something for exiles and shiny Luminai for Dominion
  9. Kataryna

Kataryna Super Cupcake

you're going to be very very disappointed. sorry.
  10. Felion

Felion Cupcake-About-Town

Roll a Mordesh. And then betray your faction.

Do a better face!
  11. LordSurinen

LordSurinen New Cupcake

ha! but Mordesh cannot be an esper! How can I settle for anything less than a psi monster!

haaa! I have done quite a few faces! erm, I think that cheap intimate jokes are not exactly the best tool in gentleman's arsenal. pardon my intrusion. no, but really, these wildstar faces are rather unique in their ugliness.

but you have said something else, semi interesting (semi, because I cannot admit that you have caught my attention, it would be highly unmanly of me, especially after 6pm): you can betray your faction in this game and become the other folk?
  12. Felion

Felion Cupcake-About-Town

Well then, pointy ears that is an esper... You're stuck with Aurin.

But seriously, do better faces! Humans can have pretty nice faces if you know what to do with those bars... Mouth size = Smallest, Eye height and Eye Socket height = Lowest, Brow height = Relatively high, start from there...

You're probably into classy animation and pose (which the Cassian is not nevermind Exiles), and both the Mechari and Mordesh can't be espers, so... Yeah Aurin. Embrace the fur.

And no you can't betray your faction "officially" in this game --- But if you RP, sure you can. The immense power of housing can let any story come true!

Or, you can settle for spellslingers instead of espers. In which case you can choose a Mordesh. And watch a female Mordesh run. That will make you feel very manly very fast.
  13. LordSurinen

LordSurinen New Cupcake

I will try if I get into another beta weekend or something. although I'm not exactly happy to try humans in the first place!

I'm very pretty-much into classy animation and poses, living paintings of Lords. but aurin are greenloving hippie simpletons who hug trees and lick the bark until it comes off. disgusting brats.

uh. no housing will overcome the pain of being aurin!

but spellslinger is a half talented esper who watched too many western movies. and I'm not exactly into rotting folk anyway, they are weird. and yes, exiles, they speak like americans with their accents. it is unacceptable! you see, Luminai must be in the game! or another space elf like race for the Dominion! weird developers have decided to make their customers suffer!
  14. LordSurinen

LordSurinen New Cupcake

this game has no elves in the space. dissapointment is large and tears are salty