1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Me and falling behind

Discussion in 'WildStar General' started by EpicSquidx, Jun 12, 2014.

1. EpicSquidx

EpicSquidx New Cupcake

So it look s like I'm not getting wild star till December so I want to know how far am I going to be behind am I going to be the only lowbie running around will I ever be able to catch up to the people playing for the last 6 7 months or am I going to be so uneducated and low
  2. Livnthedream

Livnthedream Super Cupcake

Depends on what you mean by "behind". The game is designed so you have to progress no matter what. If the t2 raids are out by then, there will still be people progressing through t1 that you can join up with to make it to t2.
  3. 1ManArmada

1ManArmada New Cupcake

In an MMO you cant really "Fall" behind. The game is designed for re-playablity, & to live long. So if someone wants to come play 3years from now they still can & still can enjoy the game without being "behind"
  4. Livnthedream

That is false in a number of ways with Wildstar, and really most "oldschool" mmo's. The time gates on things like unlocking more tiers/amps and the very limited ability to skip attunements and the like makes for a lot of "catch up". This isn't WoW, Swtor, Rift where they hand you stuff to keep you in current content. You have to earn your place if you want to stay current.
  5. Bloodclott

Bloodclott Cupcake

I hear that some bosses in dungeons might drop attunement keys so the attunement process would't have to repeated all the time for new raiders
  6. Livnthedream

The final boss will drop a single boe item that will attune you for that tier. While this is a kinda sorta catchup, by the time this sort of thing is able to be handed out willy nilly the attunement itself will be pretty much puggable anyway.
  7. Domi Dayglow

Domi Dayglow Super Cupcake

After looking through the long process of attunement and the general personality of raiding groups, I've kind of decided that raiding doesn't interest me. I really don't have that much time to devote to it and really just don't feel like doing it. I've wandered around crafting and this week I'm terribly addicted to housing. I just collect my elder gems and slowly use them to improve my characters.

A year from now I will probably change my mind, but even though I don't like the whole attunement thing that doesn't mean I don't think it should be there. In December I might also just be deciding to start attunement. I can't imagine that I would be completely alone in doing so. Not to mention other people who have been at that level preparing new characters for raiding.

So I think even in December, there will still be others at about your level too.
  8. Malachi

Malachi Cupcake-About-Town

lol yeah, and have fun getting to the point where you can actually participate in these raids. It will only take you about 50 - 100 hours.