1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Mechanic class ideas

Discussion in 'WildStar Classes & Paths' started by pikachu, Feb 14, 2013.

1. pikachu

pikachu Cupcake

Came up with a few possible abilites
    Using their illustrious knowledge to make premium creations of warfare, this class is for those who want to see their enemy blasted into ash within a single second of battle.
    Healers/DPS
    Healing
    Medicine pod: 5 second construct and 2 minute cooldown along with 1 minute of it being of use, this little device can be used by being in its AOE, (10-12 feet) healing you for 3.5% health every 2 seconds

DPS:
    Flame bomb: placed on the ground, enemy walks by, causes burn damage for over 10 seconds(2 can be used at one time, this includes all variations of bombs, 2 of both)
    Poison bomb: Placed on the ground, enemy comes near it, large poison cloak blasted that causes instant damage to those near the blast and spreads it to 10 feet, dealing poison and slows for 5 seconds
    Rifle burst: Normal rifle shots, as seen in Exiles video with granok
    Machine gun turret: Placed on ground, active for 30 seconds, shoots nearby enemies, can be taken out by opponents, 1/5 health of mechanic 1 minute cooldown
    Javelin turret: Active for 15 seconds, fires huge missile, causing AOE damage and throwing opponents backwards, can also be taken out, 30 second cooldown 1/5 health of mechanic
    Wrench lunge: Using your special weapon, jump at enemy, hitting them with your weapon, stunning for 2 second and dealing a small amount of damage

Races available: Granok, human,cassians, 4th unrevealed dominion race.

Weapons: special weapon ( big wrench?), Assault rifle seen in video.
    Just a few ideas,feel free to add to it, thanks for reading
  2. nomotog

nomotog Cupcake-About-Town

You want to include spider mines and maybe other land mine variants like freeze mines.

Also I have an idea for a kind of tech grenades. They would deal Aoe damage well also buffing any of your turrets in the AoE. Like a lighting grenade would deal lighting and stun damage to enemies well enhancing the attack speed of all your turrets in the AoE.
  3. Rumze

Rumze "That" Cupcake

Hmm in the vein of a mechanic class, how about mini robots instead of turrets? Kinda like a robot pet class or summoner archetype.
    The bombs would be great for debuffs.
    Add a way to buff allies through proximity like kinetic he'd fenders from con perhaps to round out the healing part.
  4. nomotog

Here is a power that you can only do with a pet class. Fences and walls. You would target one bot then another and a beam would form between them. It can be a laser beam, electric beam, healing beam maybe an actual wall. It's a neat power because you can use it offensively to trap and snare enemies, or you can use it defensively to safeguard yourself. Proper placement might even let you do both.
  5. pikachu

pikachu Cupcake

I also thought about a recon drone. Used for 20 seconds, can survey an entire map if they want with it, good for making sure you don't get destroyed by a group of enemies
    nomotog likes this.
  6. Slyndria

Slyndria Cupcake-About-Town

Engineer from TF2 would make a great class imo. Engineer from Warhammer Online was also great.
  7. nomotog

I had a idea for healing. You could have a power that drops medkits on the ground. Then when the kits are broken open they heal the closet friendly. They would be able to be opened by damage form players or enemies, so a player might target them directly to get healing, maybe try and get them in a AoE with the enemy, or try and get an enemy aoe to brake one well they dodge out of the way.
  8. Aheadache

Aheadache Well-Known Cupcake

Where is the flamethrower!
    Extatica likes this.
  9. Teerack

Teerack Cupcake-About-Town

My favorite thing about engineers was glue guns.
  10. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

I"d rather hope they go for moving/hovering drones instead of stationary turrets.

For a healers spell the drone can fly to the lowest health target of the raid/group healing the target for an X amount over an X time (see it as a HoT spell)
    As an additional spell you can activate the healing shield of the drone, the next healing spell will auto target your drone the healing spell done on your drone will expand to X amount raid/group targets. (AoE heal spell)

healer would have a regen/surgical drone
    the dps would have a gun/laser drone
    for a more supporting role they can even have a satteliet/spy drone: This drone will inspect a close enemy allowing raid/group members to see the enemies weaknesses doing aditional damage to them. see this as a small damage buff being stronger when there are less targets because he can only mark 1 target, being strong if there is only 1 target to aim on (see boss fights here)

Well they can do such an amazing things with a engineer/pet class, i'm really exciting about this class!
    Joshue Monk and nomotog like this.
  11. Aheadache

Aheadache Well-Known Cupcake

Really good ideas, Extatica.
  12. pikachu

pikachu Cupcake

Came up with a few new ones!!
    Flame/ice gloves: When activated, your first turn into a certain element, causing extra damage with a melee weapon.
    Repair bot: Stuck on a place in the middle of nowhere, got ganked and your armor durability went down? NO PROBLEM. Just activate this, 1 hour cooldown, summons up a special bot which will repair your items for the same price as it would at a normal blacksmith, which is used for 5 minutes.
    Feet boosters: When active, can be used for sprinting/walking at 30% faster. Cooldown 1 sec, can be active until dismissed. But, you will also be stunned if hit when using this.
    Passives:
    Armor boost: Using your super technology, you gain a 5% armor boost for overall armor equipped.
    Capable of using heavy armor, upgrades from medium
    MORE TO COME SOON
  13. FelixAkuma

FelixAkuma Cupcake-About-Town

+1 for a variety of turrets :D
  14. Karl Pedder

Karl Pedder Cupcake-About-Town

I will be highly suprised if they don't give Mechari access to a ranged DPS and a Healing option, restricting classes is one thing roles is another kettle of fish and the Mechari's available classes are seemingly restricted to the thematic of robots= no magic which an Engineer or "tech" based class doesn't outside of this mechanic, not to mention we have seen Mechari with the rifle and with the Granok confirmed as getting both the unrevealed class that would leave Mechari at two classes....

That a class like this exists I have felt to be the case since their were reports ages ago about Dominion NPCs that corresponded to the 3 classes revealed at the time + a Dominion Engineer. I was actually expecting such a class to be revealed next but we got the Stalker instead.

I expect Mechari, Humans of both types and likely both of the unrevealed races will get this class along with obviously Granok who are already confirmed to get both. I don't think either Aurin or Drakar will get it as it doesn't really fit them thematically as they have been presented. (and because I think they will bth get the "other" unrevealed class.)
  15. Joshue Monk

Joshue Monk New Cupcake

Yep, really like the ideas flowing if ever a mechanic is created by Carbine. I also think the Mechanic has a role to play in the guild sky battles as the Mechanic could benefit the turrets by giving them bonuses to damage, fire speed, etc. as well as defensively to the guild. So many possibilities are out there!!
  16. Supreme

Supreme New Cupcake

Great ideas and variety in drones like different customizations of them would be helpful.