1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Mechari Armor

Discussion in 'WildStar Races' started by Cazargar, Jun 17, 2013.

1. Cazargar

Cazargar Cupcake

New to the Wildstar community so maybe this topic is stale, but I was wondering what armor will look like for the Mechari. The idea of putting armor on an already metal body just seems redundant.

Maybe instead of items appearing to be armor for mechari they would just be shown as new limb models. So instead of leggings you get new...legs lol.
  2. Dualist

Dualist Cupcake-About-Town

While I really like your idea and would wholeheartedly support it, the sad fact is that the Mechari do in fact wear clothes.

Here's the best example I could find:

[​IMG]
  3. Ico

Ico Moderator • WSC's Gentle Flower

The latest Gamebreaker E3 vids show the Mechari demo character wearing armor also :D, though that doesn't completely cover his metallic exterior.
  4. Sonntam

Sonntam Cupcake-About-Town

What is easier, to make one-size fits them all armor or creating custom metal arms and legs for Mecharis?

Obviously the first option. If every Mecharis wanted to have custom-built body parts the costs would be through the roof.

Plus, "normal" clothing allows Mecharis once again look more human and less dangerous. Which is a plus for the ICI.

Another advantage of allowing Mechari to wear clothes is that they look smoking hot in uniforms. (Agent Voxine, anyone?)
    ruff_ethereal likes this.
  5. crowsong

crowsong Cupcake-About-Town

Since when should a mechari care any less about their shiny metal coating then a cassian cares about his skin? Sure they can get it fixed, but at what cost? it may not fit right! OH WHAT THE TRAGEDY!! now his leg will never feel the same and it's all your fault!
    eselle8 likes this.
  6. Artefact

Artefact Cupcake

Yeah Agent Voxine :cool: !
    As for the more human/less dangerous side, maybe Voxine wouldn't be so scary/sexy without her uniform :inlove: .
  7. Cazargar

Cazargar Cupcake

Good points. I didn't even think about the fact that Agent Voxine wears a suit. I think I secretly just wanted to have treads for legs haha
  8. MrDreadful

MrDreadful Creepy Cupcake

This is the first picture I've seen of anything non-metallic on one. Also the first pic I've seen of that stand with the doll or action figure in it.
  9. NigthmareSystem

NigthmareSystem Cupcake-About-Town

well, here is a great example of what I think is a Hi-Level armor on a Mechari :[​IMG]

Here another example of armor on a mechari:
    [​IMG]
    more armor examples
    [​IMG]

as you see in those examples the Mechari can handle very well the armor in their bodies and they look pretty well on they.
    ruff_ethereal and MrDreadful like this.
  10. kuunkulta

kuunkulta Cupcake-About-Town

Mechari in full warrior tier 1 set:​
    [​IMG]
    Can't make the pic any smaller...
  11. Domi Dayglow

Domi Dayglow Super Cupcake

After seeing all of these pictures of Mechari in armor I've started thinking that if there will be a kind of 'racial' armor set for each race.
  12. Cazargar

Cazargar Cupcake

The guy wearing actual clothes in the second post just looks kind of goofy.

That second picture pretty much solidifies my choice to play a Mechari Warrior.
  13. Luc

Luc Cupcake-About-Town

I don't think mechari should wear cloths, only change body parts/pieces. the pics you guys posted just hit me like, Oh! Mechari really looks bad in clothing! i hope if there were only metal based gear for them.
  14. Celtkhan

Celtkhan Well-Known Cupcake

The M1 Abrams is covered in armor plating which is not an integral part of its superstructure. Part of the reason is that damaged armor plating must be replaced, but the main reason is that the purpose of armor is to absorb damage. If it were an integral part of the machine, then the tank would lose function as the armor does what it is intended for.

So no, making armor integral to mechari is a bad idea. Quite aside from the fact that it would consume far too many resources for the devs to completely redesign every piece of armor in the game for a single race.
    eselle8 and Apostate like this.
  15. Domi Dayglow

I was going to suggest an option to suppress all armor so it doesn't appear on the character model. That way you could still have the terminator-ish look of the mechari. Then, well. Everyone would be running around in their underwear.
  16. kuunkulta

kuunkulta Cupcake-About-Town

There's something wrong about people running around in their underwear?? :confused:

It would take away important part of pvp, recognizing your opponents' armor.
  17. Domi Dayglow

Oh noes! The Underwear Warrior is going to get me! Halp! Halp! :cry: *Hides under blanket*
    kuunkulta likes this.
  18. Talosmight

Talosmight New Cupcake

This is the only reason that I kinda don't want to play a Mechari. I feel like since they are robots they shouldn't really worry about armor and the like. Would be awesome for an option to wear the armor but hide it on the character, exactly like a "hide head slot" option in other games but for all parts of the item.
  19. cmdragonfire

cmdragonfire New Cupcake

Pervs just wanna see mechari females naked, ah just kidding.

The devs really don't have much of a choice on this, or at least I don't think so. Armor is kinda beneficial to an mmorpg, certain games like Blade and Soul, obviously work without it ( the armor in that game is only aesthetic, not really armor), but Wildstar, no just no.
    Sorry guys, i'm pretty sure this game isn't aiming for realism, not to be against you in all respect robots wouldn't wear armor, but maybe they do because they can/ want to. :p
    SarahDuckie likes this.
  20. Vulgork

Vulgork Cupcake

Very much agree with this.

I also think they look snazzy with armor...

As for normal human clothing, might look a bit goofy but it will likely be NPCs wearing it mostly. Also an attempt to blend in with the biological lifeforms.
  21. Grim Fandango

Grim Fandango Well-Known Cupcake

Why would it be redundant? Even knights of old wore multiple layers of armor. More armor = more protection.
    Neurotic Cucpake and Sonntam like this.