1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Medic DPS Question

Discussion in 'WildStar Classes & Paths' started by Brox, Dec 7, 2013.

1. Brox

Brox New Cupcake

I want to start by saying I am super excited to play this class, and thoroughly enjoyed today's livestream. I am a DPS player at heart, so healing of any sort does not interest me in the least. However, I was wondering if anyone knows if the medic will have any kind of stances? We have seen stances on every class that does not wear light armor, that will allow them to sacrifice defense for more assault power, putting them on more even ground with the light armor DPSers.

I have scoured the AMA for the medic, as well as the livestream and saw nothing of the sort for the medic. In the beginning of the livestream when Merkal was discussing his DPS build, Hugh even says something along the lines no stances being present for the medic I believe. I was just hoping to reach out to anyone who perhaps has a definitive answer. If no stances are present, I hope a medic fully AMPed and geared for assault will still do competitive damage.
  2. Sapien

Sapien Cupcake-About-Town

I am not totally sure here, but i think the stances is for the dps/tank classes only. :cautious:
  3. Brox

Brox New Cupcake

That makes sense in a way. It would be pretty unbalanced to have a healer stance into more mitigation, since they would be a nightmare to bring down. I was just wondering if perhaps stances would be present for increased assault, balanced stance, and increased support power. I agree though that it looks like only the tank classes will have the stances.
  4. Daexel

Daexel New Cupcake

As far as I can tell, from the same sources as you, it does not appear as though the Medic (or any dps/healer class) possesses stances. If I remember correctly the Warrior and Engineer have two stances (dps/tanking), and the Stalker has three (dps/hybrid(balanced)/tanking).

I think this is an interesting choice. I wonder what the reason is to provide stances for dps vs tanking but not for dps vs healing. Why do you think they decided to implement it this way?
  5. Inukeu

Inukeu Well-Known Cupcake

the healer/dps classes have inates that seem to boost there resources/output whether that be heals or dps so they can get some emergency heals out to keep them/there group alive or burst out some dps to nuke things down
  6. Jeuraud

Jeuraud Cupcake-About-Town

Though it's not definitive proof, we did see a DPS Medic win 2 of 3 against a DPS Stalker, and the 1 loss was so close that the Devs did not realize the true winner until they looked at the chat window.
  7. Iskiab

Iskiab Cupcake

Yea, against a stalker. I think if any class will cream a medic it'll be a spellslinger. The short range should allow another class to kite them.