1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Medic Gameplay Video via IGN\Frost interview

Discussion in 'WildStar Classes & Paths' started by kongpong, Dec 4, 2013.

1. kongpong

kongpong Cupcake

I didn't see this one posted but I could have over looked.

2. Haversham

Haversham Cupcake-About-Town

Hmm, the resource is different than on the class page.
  3. Rhynox

Rhynox New Cupcake

Man, is anyone else disappointed that the medic isn't punching people to death with the resonators?
    CptElendi and Kujaix like this.
  4. Haversham

Not I. Instead he's killing them with WubWub. He's a close combat healer, which is about as close as any class gets to melee range.

5. Mordakai

Mordakai Cupcake

I hope there's at least one "electro-punch" skill...
  6. Kujaix

Kujaix New Cupcake

Extremely. We get a short range caster without the visual flare the other two(3 ranged) possess?

Even the Devspeak video failed to explain the draw of this class. They place marks(stations) on the ground, dots and typical buffs on allies in the form of yellow floating orbs, and fire tron visual styled attacks. Seems to be the most passive class as well. Other than exploding our probes what are we actively doing in combat other than reapplying fields, probes, and auto-attacking?
  7. Haversham

Well, you can see a lot of the damage dealing abilities in the Frost video. There are nukes, resource generating abilities, etc. that you can/have to use as well to be a more traditional DPSer/Healer. The stuff in the Devspeak are the characteristics of the class that set it apart from the other classes. It's a medium to close range class that looks like it specializes in placed AOE's and DoT's, which is quite different than the other two healers.
  8. Kujaix

Kujaix New Cupcake

You basically restated everything I just said in a different way without answering my question or giving me your own opinion.

Yes it places DoTs on enemies, Buffs&Hots in the form of Probes on allies and itself, and then Stations which are just marks with varying abilities. All of which just do their thing once you aim and cast them. While the DoTs&Marks go off you just spam your Builders&Nukes with some CC dependent on encounter. Seems an odd fit for the WS gameplay. Do the DoT Probes even need to be aimed?
  9. Pmizzrym

Pmizzrym Cupcake-About-Town

I honestly think there's a Chua Medic conspiracy.

There's gonna wait till launch and give it to us.
  10. Balgoss

Balgoss Cupcake

Seems much more active than SS and Esper to me.
    Medic's telegraphs are melee-ranged, which means he's going to have to sit on the tank in order to heal him / her. That means avoiding telegraphs much more often, more than the other casters.

Yes. (4:00 in the OP video)
  11. Deltre

Deltre Cupcake-About-Town

Pretty friggin stoked for this class.
  12. Jeuraud

Jeuraud Cupcake-About-Town

Did you watch the Vid in the OPs message?
    Also there are no auto-attacks in W*.
  13. Iskiab

Iskiab Cupcake

After seeing the video I think the playstyle of the medic is better that it's not melee. Melee would have created issues in pvp, it'd almost be impossible to have targeted heals as a melee healer too.

Class looks great.
  14. Haversham

Of you use the reply button when talking with someone, it makes it easier for them to reply back :)

You made it seem like all we were doing was fields, probes, and auto attacking, I was just pointing out there were nukes in there as well. Remember, there's going to be a lot of dodging around that will interrupt some of your casts, so you'll have to redo them. To me, it looks like there's plenty to do at any given time and doesn't seem out of place compared to other classes. Could you give me a comparison?

In the video Frost said that the probe ability he used was able to be applied to (upto) three mobs within the telegraph. I think the number of probes applied, depends on the type of probe you're using.
  15. Haversham

I think he means the spammable attack/heal that all classes get and sometimes use for resource generation purposes.
    Kujaix likes this.
  16. Haversham

Well, it looks like the range on most of the abilities is probably about 12-15 yards. Closer than the SS and ESPer for sure, but they should still stand outside of melee and heal.
  17. silvershadez

silvershadez Cupcake

It is because it is called "medic" or why do they not really have too much questions covering the damage aspect of this class?
  18. Convicted

Convicted Super Cupcake

The medic AMA just started recently, so there should be some good stuff in a bit.

Also for some of the other people, this is a PR video for IGN, he has to pretty much answer whatever
    questions the girl had for him as quickly as possible....and finally, .............he's level 22.

I don't get why there are expectations of granduer for a character with almost no abilities unlocked and no Amps. In classic wow, how awesome was a priest at level 22? how about all the explosive visuals that he had at that level, what about the incredible dynamic gameplay, Cc, and dps that you could do, I mean level 22 priests seemed so passive, no?
  19. Convicted

Convicted Super Cupcake

Sapien, Jaxxa and Pmizzrym like this.
  20. Pmizzrym

Pmizzrym Cupcake-About-Town