1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

"Medic" Name Preconceptions

Discussion in 'WildStar Classes & Paths' started by Classix, Oct 14, 2013.

1. CaRaDaGaiTa

CaRaDaGaiTa Cupcake-About-Town

I hope Xlugou get ganked a lot by Chua dps medics! A lot of them, at same time! Haha :D
  2. Xlugon Pyro

Xlugon Pyro Super Cupcake

Tone is unintelligible on the internet, for your information. I instinctually attack any and all bad ideas I see, so don't let me get to you too much. :)

That's why I specifically said it's a bad idea for launch. Later they may change their mind, but the devs also said they want raids to be very exclusive and require large groups of skilled players to get in. This goes against what 10-mans are.

Whatever the case is, Carbine might change their minds, but at this point I don't see it happening and it definitely won't happen at launch.
  3. Xlugon Pyro

Won't happen. They don't stand a chance.
  4. CaRaDaGaiTa

CaRaDaGaiTa Cupcake-About-Town

Ah, they will! They will anesthetize you, so you can't move or say "no" and then, shock you to death
  5. Xlugon Pyro

Because I would just nonchalantly let them approach me and allow them to do that. No, I would kill them all long before they would have the chance.
  6. Xecks

Xecks Cupcake-About-Town

i would just sit on a chua medic. they would be squashed.
    Xlugon Pyro likes this.
  7. Sapien

Sapien Cupcake-About-Town

BOOOM!! :up:
  8. Xecks

Xecks Cupcake-About-Town

lol .
  9. BennyBones

BennyBones Cupcake

I think that Jeradouc (I forget his name, think it was that) who was quoted in the original post, is pretty much spot on. The medic name will mean that people will expect them to heal. Specially since they seem to be running around with some absolutely horrendous looking weapons. Based on what little we've seen they don't even look like weapons, they just look really strange. I can't take that seriously. If you play a medic in my team you better heal :p
  10. Mondasin

Mondasin Cupcake-About-Town

I hope you like receiving negative healing..
  11. silvershadez

silvershadez Cupcake

12. Jicmonster

Jicmonster Cupcake-About-Town

Always was amused by heals in SWTOR. As a BH tank I had probes swarming around me like insects and people shooting rockets at me shouting "I'M HELPING".
  13. Xlugon Pyro

ROFLMAO
  14. FairyTailisBack

FairyTailisBack Cupcake-About-Town

I have a feeling medics are going to be seen like priest in vanilla wow.

Priests = Heals
    Medic = Heals

Your class name sounds healy, so you have to heal!

I took a lot of <REDACTED> when I went enhancement on my shaman in tBC, despite putting up very decent #s.
    Roda likes this.
  15. Hy'Tchok

Hy'Tchok New Cupcake

I for one love the name Medic in a fantasy SciFi setting. It has military connotations so sits fine with me if they can do some DPS. I am picturing a dude in heavy armor running over to a fallen ally, killing off some mobs with a badassery flair and then healing his comrade.

Why all the hate?
  16. Roda

Roda Cupcake-About-Town

??????
    Space ships..
    Laser weapons..
    Robots..
    Fat little green dudes..
  17. Hy'Tchok

Hy'Tchok New Cupcake

Oh yea, I should have said SciFi I guess. I just mean non-reality
  18. Jeuraud

Jeuraud Cupcake-About-Town

The reason for the “dislike” of the name Medic is right there in your post (And in other post throughout this forum; not just this thread.).
    The Medic is a DPS-Healer, and in W* that means that the Medic could choose to be a full DPS with no healing ability, yet pretty much none of the proponents of the word Medic in this forum imagines a Medic as a full DPS non-healer.

This same bias is going to exist in the game.
    Roda likes this.
  19. Karl Pedder

Karl Pedder Cupcake-About-Town

I still think such bias will only be in the minds of the willfully ignorant. If I know the Medic can spec full dps just like the other classes that can heal and provided it's DPS is reasonably balanced with other classes dps specs I am going to get tripped up just by the name and just ignore the information I possess that contradicts the preconcieved conotations associated with the name....
    Ianpact and Roda like this.
  20. Esauya

Esauya Cupcake

If the name Medic scares players away because they want to play deeps and think Medic means they are going to get stuck healing....then great. Less numbers swarming a class making it into the next huntard of the title.

I agree the name is slightly generic but so is Warrior and Stalker when you really think about it. Then again.....Mage, Rogue, Warrior, Archer/Hunter....Yeah, not exactly winning awards there either.

The more people who go Spell Slinger to better imo. Let the medics be the class that everyone wants but no one plays. Because being a melee caster has it's allure to specific players in games compared to overpopulated ranged classes. People play what they like, but once again....If people think Medics are going to not be able to dps then they are sadly mistaken and that is their fault for carrying mental baggage to it.

Group finder gets you groups regardless,and spreadsheets/UI addons (which we know this game will have) will help prove to your team that you are perfectly capable of doing whatever role you signed up for. Unless you need practice and don't have class mastery yet. Sorry, that happens. Which is why titles like Huntard are born.

My vote is for Spell Derpers.