1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

"Medic" Weapons

Discussion in 'WildStar Classes & Paths' started by SykoTavo, Sep 26, 2013.

1. Maxtross

Maxtross Cupcake-About-Town

Bone saw or syringe it's too generic for me, SWTOR has it(scoundrel,Imp agent) and why i would want to stab people with syringe when i can shock peddling people around? lol
  2. D3athcr33ps

D3athcr33ps Cupcake

I want to see an arm mounted fist weapon. We haven't seen any run up and punch em classes yet, right? How sweet would a medic be is they got a couple arm cannons or melee weapons on their fists? We've seen it in Evil Dead, Final fantasy 7, mega man, Mortal combat, transformers, full metal alchemist, metroid, planet terror, iron man, assassin's creed, cowboys vs aliens, etc. Come on Devs you know you want us to have chainsaw arms like Ash.
    This would be an awesome medic weapon....it's so bad!
    [​IMG]
  3. Theirin

Theirin Cupcake

Personally I think the idea of the weapons is pretty unique. They look somewhat similar to the spellslinger weapons, but we also haven't seen very many weapons for any of the classes yet. And most of it is probably early level stuff which is always the most generic looking gear. In addition, it is rumored that the "medic" is going to be a more melee oriented class similar to a paladin, or enhancement shaman for those of you who know the WoW classes. I think this will be really cool for the medics to have short range spells, maybe with shock looking heals, and some pretty cool melee animations probably. I like to give carbine the benefit of the doubt with adding some seriously sick stuff for this class because they are so innovative and creative with what they have produced so far. I have a lot of hope/faith in how awesome this class will turn out.
  4. Kytty

Kytty Cupcake-About-Town

Just putting this out there ... How do we know these arent just one of the pistol skins for Spellslingers ? just saying ...

Tho I always loved shock paddling people to live (or death if they were the bad guys) in BF2 hehe So Im hoping various shock paddles coz that would be awesome :D
  5. ruff_ethereal

ruff_ethereal Well-Known Cupcake

They look quite different from the pistols. If you look closely, they are holding them by handles in the center and they open up like a mouth. If it were pistols, their hands would be on the underside and you would clearly see the barrel, plus it wouldn't gape out like that.

Also, Spellslingers put their guns on their hips, not their backs.
    Kataryna likes this.
  6. Kytty

Kytty Cupcake-About-Town

True very true ..... But then again it could just be their way of mixing it up so that there is a diverse range

If it is one of the missing healer class weapon items .... sweeeeeeet. Would make it even cooler if resurrecting players had a shock paddle animation. Like your player kneels beside dead person "CLEAR" BZZZHHHTTTTT " GIMMEE 50000 JOULES" ..... BBZZZHHHHTTTTTTTTTT. Player rises with singed hair hehe
    FruitPunchHero and ruff_ethereal like this.
  7. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

Oke so the similarity = 1. they are small 2. they are duel wield.

So if they picked dual wield dagger, then they would be similar to the Spelllsinger guns aswell?

The more you try to prove your right in that they are similar the more you fail in doing so :p

Or you wish to explain for the third time? :coffee:
  8. SykoTavo

SykoTavo Cupcake

No, dual wielded daggers would then be too similar to Stalkers :p

I'm not trying to prove myself right, just trying to explain my perspective.

We'll see if my perspective changes after seeing how they actually use the pads in combat.
  9. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

Leaving this thread now, since my job is done :up:
    SykoTavo likes this.
  10. Jeuraud

Jeuraud Cupcake-About-Town

The 2 pictures I posted in this thread are from the latest Dev Speak. The runner shows during the underlined part of this statement “but before we get to talking about classes, and we can’t wait.”. The other one shows at the end of the vid when he mentions classes again, and there are six characters profiled.
  11. Cogburn

Cogburn Cupcake-About-Town

I like how we're seeing this complaint now and Carbine has been teasing these weapons as far back as the Devspeak: Movement video.

Personally I think they're rather unique and hope they end up like melee defibrillators you punch with and/or chemical sprayers.
  12. Jeuraud

Jeuraud Cupcake-About-Town

Here is another set,
    medicC.png
    and I definitely could see using these in melee and short range.
  13. Xlugon Pyro

Xlugon Pyro Super Cupcake

All purpose weapons of carnage and mass destruction!

...Or for healing!
  14. Bargehst1210

Bargehst1210 New Cupcake

I still think your all getting too hung up on the title "Medic" your seeing it as some doctor or nurse on the battlefield or comparing it to the spellslinger. Think of it instead that like all the other healing classes this will have a fully functional DPS spec and like spellslinger healing it may be difficult to imagine what that spec will be doing but keep an open mind. If ya like what they've done so far I trust they will impress you still once more details come out.
    Artificer likes this.
  15. Xlugon Pyro

Okay mister undercover agent guy.
  16. Mondasin

Mondasin Cupcake-About-Town

If medics have ranged weapons their be compared to spell slingers, if they have melee fistweapons like in the mechari pic, they will be compared to stalkers who use claws.
    I'de like to see more of the class weapon models before giving a final statement on if the weapon is a good fit or not.
  17. Jabberwocky

Jabberwocky Well-Known Cupcake

You guys act as if they weapons you have seen so far are the only visuals available to the class. I am sure there will be some different looking defibrillator paddles so you won't be stuck with some fugly ones, LOL.
  18. Grimnar40k

Grimnar40k Cupcake-About-Town

I introduce to you the blessed Crozius Arcanum...
    [​IMG]
    FruitPunchHero likes this.
  19. Furor Tuetonicus

Furor Tuetonicus Cupcake-About-Town

Grimnar, thank you. The Grey Knights are just too awesome.

To be honest, if a company I trusted were to release a 40k MMO I'd have to play it for no other reason than it was 40k. Though, if Tau aren't included as a race I'd be sad. ... Though I'd be more sad if Squats were included....

As to whether the paddles/healing gauntlets/powergloves are appropriate, well its going to be controversial no matter what the weapon is. If it were a tech staff style weapon people would complain it were too generic and not a device that can traditionally heal. I give credit to the Carbine team for picking a weird idea and just running with it.

I'm curious if they're going to use a DoT/Poison style of damage output. It seems like it would fit the class theme.
    FruitPunchHero likes this.
  20. Xlugon Pyro

I agree. It's an odd idea, but fits the wacky WildStar theme far better than this "techstaff" nonsense.

Given the weapons, I can see some electric shock type of skills, maybe some forms of CC or inhibiting skills as well. Might be cool but time will tell. I don't see them using much DoT based combat given their weapons though unless they got like syringes literally up their sleeves.