1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

"Medic" Weapons

Discussion in 'WildStar Classes & Paths' started by SykoTavo, Sep 26, 2013.

1. Domi Dayglow

Domi Dayglow Super Cupcake

They look more like they could be used to 'drain' things from targets and maybe project a shield in front of the use for blocking. If that's so. Maybe the Warrior is big mound of resistance tank, the Stalker more of a fasty-fast dodger, and the ...powerpaddles are blocking tanks?
  2. THIS AURINS ON FIRE!!!!!!

THIS AURINS ON FIRE!!!!!! Cupcake-About-Town

i want a skin design for the class weapons to look like two dragon mouths:D
  3. Mondasin

Mondasin Cupcake-About-Town

its too bad that the 'medic' in the ability mechanics video never attacked.
  4. Nicodemus

Nicodemus Well-Known Cupcake

5. Kytty

Kytty Cupcake-About-Town

Didn't I read somewhere that someone is making a 40K MMO ? Not sure who is making it though could be one of those annoying companies that turn awesome ideas into tripe. I may not have read it right ?

On the subject of weaponry/healing aid ... as its a sci fi game they could make it whatever they wanted to be honest since it is a fresh idea. I mean hell if they wanted it to be exploding mechanical hamsters that release healing/damaging nanobots .. then it would fit. Anything fits really as long as they give it a tech edge.

I just want them to release the last 2 classes already and give us awesome videos to go with all the classes as a full breakdown so we can chooooose
  6. Bargehst1210

Bargehst1210 New Cupcake

naw for real why hasent anyone asked the question, how does the spellslinger heal?
  7. Raarsi

Raarsi Cupcake

Wouldn't expect it to be so tanky, but I would suspect damage absorption effects would be in the class's arsenal. Draining abilities could be another possibility as to how it would go about in DPS.

Just by looking at the weapons from the in-game pic, I'd wager there's an entire weapon array in them given how bulky they are. If anything, the weapons make me think of an alchemist trained as a field medic, packing supplies of potions and poisons in a pair of cannons that get those concoctions to their intended targets. Who knows, they might have stun guns or flame jets or other sorts of handy tools of the war trades.

Oh right, and as for spellslinger healing, I'd expect the same way they do damage: charge a healing spell and let it fly.
    ruff_ethereal likes this.
  8. Domi Dayglow

Domi Dayglow Super Cupcake

Come to think of it I haven't really noticed any spellslingers performing any healing actions in any videos, but then against most of those videos were of solo characters. That makes me wonder if a spellslinger's abilities are capable of healing themselves?

And Carbine has been using the word 'Alchemist' a lot since the reveal of the chua and mordesh. It really wouldn't surprise me at all if the 'medic' class actual name is Alchemist. When most people think of alchemy they think of potions. Though, I suppose spellslinger evokes ideas of a wand, but in Wildstar they use guns.
    Raarsi likes this.
  9. Alistair Cain

Alistair Cain Cupcake

Black Templars folks - not Grey Knights, but equally cool and fond of burning witches, heretics and what have you :).

On topic, the Medic "paddles" seem like a good option to me, being different from other MMO weaponry.
    Personally I don't see them as being any more similar to Spellslinger pistols than Stalker weapons - each to their own I guess.
    As has been said, the attacks and animations of the weapons will probably provide greater separation and give them a more unique feel.
    FruitPunchHero likes this.
  10. Raarsi

Raarsi Cupcake

I suspect the class would be more likely to be named as Alchemist rather than Medic as a means of implying that it can do more than just healing. Apothecary might be another option, but that seems more inclined toward a profession name since it sounds a bit too old-timey for a futuristic class.
  11. Jabberwocky

Jabberwocky Well-Known Cupcake

Maester or Grand Maester?
  12. THIS AURINS ON FIRE!!!!!!

THIS AURINS ON FIRE!!!!!! Cupcake-About-Town

the thing about alchemist is that it represents the mordesh................but when have w ever seen them use the paddles........
  13. Kataryna

Kataryna Super Cupcake

people have - spellslingers are SPELL slingers, they use different "sigils" for healing than they do for damage. In other words - magic bullets out of their magpistols.
  14. guillermo

guillermo New Cupcake

I'd rather think that spellslingers use kind of runic spells to heal like they do to teleport or switch place with enemies.

Also I HIGHLY prefer the idea of a paddle wielding class than a staff or scepter wielding one :p
    Xlugon Pyro likes this.
  15. Mondasin

Mondasin Cupcake-About-Town

16. Xlugon Pyro

Xlugon Pyro Super Cupcake

Indeed.

Like Kat said, they shoot you. Instead of instasniping you though, they shoot pixie dust at you that magically heals your wounds like a baws. It's pretty baller bro.
    Destrin likes this.
  17. Nicodemus

Nicodemus Well-Known Cupcake

I would say short range. Comparing the telegraph of the medic vs someone like the spellslinger, which has long thin telegraphs.
  18. Xlugon Pyro

Xlugon Pyro Super Cupcake

I could see them having a fair amount of mid-range techniques and even a few niche long range ones.
  19. Theirin

Theirin Cupcake

The other thing we don't know is whether they will lean towards a more melee centered build, or whether they will be more of a mid-range class that just uses melee weapons. Any speculation or ideas here? Are they going to be more similar to an elemental shaman who used range as their primary damage source and could be a healer with spec change? Or enhancement with their damage coming from melee with short range spells, and could be a healer with spec change?
  20. Isgu

Isgu Cupcake-About-Town

I am a bit disappointing in *style* of the weapon, but then again we have only seen a limited amount of these kinds of weapons, so these looks might be only on the ones they have shown with cooler ones to come.
    In the end I don't really care much how the weaps look as long as the class plays well.