1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Melee Healer

Discussion in 'WildStar Classes & Paths' started by Ashiktara, Mar 21, 2013.

1. Ashiktara

Ashiktara Cupcake

UGH I have no reason to think this will be in the game other than seeing the staff wielding class. knowing one of the last classes is going to be a healer.. and that there is no melee style healer yet...

if there is, IT IS MINE. I would love this absolutely 100% I played a senticar in Rift which was the closest thing to it and i loved it. Being in melee plus healing gave an interesting twist and a higher bar for difficulty.

I would really really love to see this and hear what you guys would think of this class!
    Mudfin likes this.
  2. Kataryna

Kataryna Super Cupcake

maybe it'll be kinda like the Chloromancer, in that their damage reflects healing, but while meleeing instead of casting :)
    spencerBAXLEY likes this.
  3. Katu_Kath

Katu_Kath Robot Cupcake

I wouldnt count it out just yet, we do have to healers already, and they are both ranged healers. We might have a close range healer next.
  4. Ashiktara

Ashiktara Cupcake

This is what i am hoping for. Something kinda like the monk from wow or the senticar'ish class. If it did healing based on damage I would be totally ok with that. I think it would be a much needed flavor in this game. Plus with all the emphasis on movement this will keep at least SOME healers in melee and make for a fun time in any raid or dungeon.
  5. ObliviousPrime

ObliviousPrime "That" Cupcake

I would like that. I hope I can build it super tanky and with a lot of healing.
  6. nomotog

nomotog Cupcake-About-Town

I like it, but I hope they aren't a heavy tank healer so they have to dodge in and out of threat range to deliver heals.
  7. InnocentCivilian

InnocentCivilian "That" Cupcake

I'm pretty sure that we're gonna get a class that has Strength+Wisdom(healing) as its primary attributes.

I posted this somewhere else here and on reddit, but here's my reasoning:
    • Strength, Technology (Warrior)
    • Dexterity, Technology (Stalker)
    • Dexterity, Wisdom (Spellslinger)
    • Magic, Wisdom (Esper)
    Assuming that these five attributes are all we have, then the only other possible combinations are (and correct me if I'm wrong, I'm bad at these sorta things :p):
    • Strength, Dexterity
    • Strength, Wisdom
    • Strength, Magic
    • Dexterity, Magic
    • Magic, Technology
    • Technology, Wisdom
    Stuff like a 'DPS-DPS' or 'Tank-Tank' class as opposed to a 'DPS-Healer'/'DPS-Tank' class is weird (because this game has a holy trinity, they would want a couple more classes that can spec into tank or healer since every class can already DPS).

Therefore the most likely remaining two Primary Attribute combinations are:
    • Strength+Wisdom
    And
    • Magic+Technology
  8. Nyuklehead

Nyuklehead Cupcake

If they add a melee healer that plays anything like the Disciple of Khaine from WAR, I'd play it in a heartbeat. Getting up in people's faces and healing everyone around you from your attacks was amazing.
  9. Kurik

Kurik Super Cupcake

Melee healers are my favorite but right now I'm not optimistic that we'll see one, hopefully I am surprised. :)
  10. Patrician

Patrician "That" Cupcake

For awhile I thought that "Mystic" Aurin NPC we saw on Deradune was one of the yet to be announced classes. I could see a Granok being a Mystic. I could see a Cassian being one as well. And a Draken, and an exile Human.

Leaving the final class to be whatever carries a rifle. Ranged engineer or Commando tank, possibly.

However, lately I'm just not sure... And REALLY can't wait to find out. ^^
  11. Ashiktara

Ashiktara Cupcake

i think we will findout with the PAX east. I think we will find out when Beta is too. I am so excited i am so hell bend now on a melee healer that its literally killing my soul inside haha
  12. SteveDiggler24

SteveDiggler24 Cupcake-About-Town

I've been interested in the Esper class for the most part since I started following Wildstar, but if one of the 2 classes left to be revealed is a melee healer.. I'm going to have to seriously reconsider my position.

I don't like heavily populated classes though, makes for a tough elder game.
    With that said, has everyone here looked at the stalker class. Wow, why play anything else? :cool:
    Mudfin likes this.
  13. Ashiktara

Ashiktara Cupcake

haha nice try. its ok elder might weed out some ppl. movement is big on melee healers and can get stressful for those less.... uhhh aware
  14. Katu_Kath

Katu_Kath Robot Cupcake

I dont know what game you are going to be playing when Wildstar Launches, but Wildstar is a FLAVORSPLOSION OF AWESOME already.
    ruff_ethereal likes this.
  15. Ashiktara

Ashiktara Cupcake

lol yes but i find it somewhat stale as a healer if all 3 healing classes are ranged cloth wearing wisdom users.. not to mention i dont currently see any other gear overlap in the game other then on the healers.
  16. Bellaby

Bellaby Well-Known Cupcake

Well maybe Slinger gear has Dex AND Wisdom, while the Esper has Magic and Wisdom...
  17. Katu_Kath

Katu_Kath Robot Cupcake

and we are, at this point, pretty sure that wisdom is the healing stat, so no matter what the third healer is, it will be wisdom. Id like to see variety in the healers, yeah, different means to the same end. maybe espers are more about the well healing we heard about, and spellslingers are more about telegraphs? in that situation, a spellslinger is better for a group that needs to be mobile, but maybe the wells offer a buff? anyones guess, really.
  18. clack

clack New Cupcake

There was an article on Massively that had some interesting speculation on the 'type' the last two classes might be. They came up with a melee healer and a ranged tank.

http://massively.joystiq.com/2013/03/18/the-nexus-telegraph-more-wildstar-class-speculation/

I really like the idea, it seems like a different take on a healer. Healing is very fun, but in my experience it's a lot of standing in the back throwing spells around. It would be fun to get up in some fat boss's business and keep everyone alive.

I've been thinking about theoretical melee healer abilities, but I'm curious to know what you guys have seen in other games?
  19. Wayoverpowered

Wayoverpowered Cupcake-About-Town

Lifetapping dps-healer for the win.... ;).
  20. Drasas

Drasas Well-Known Cupcake

From the games that I've played which have had melee healers they seem to come in two flavors. Either they are extremely overpowered and impossible to kill or they are borderline worthless. Can anybody give me an example of a solidly balanced Melee healer within the genre?