1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Melee Healer

Discussion in 'WildStar Classes & Paths' started by Ashiktara, Mar 21, 2013.

1. Sneakybuffalo

Sneakybuffalo Cupcake-About-Town

He did state that in conjunction with mentioning getting buffs from successfully avoiding telegraphs.

And if MMOs have taught me anything, it's that melee has to move a lot more than ranged
  2. Chase Hunteri

Chase Hunteri New Cupcake

Their robots. robots made with magic, but robots nonetheless.
  3. Sneakybuffalo

They are sentient beings. What does being a robot have to do with magic?
  4. Honoracy

Honoracy Cupcake-About-Town

I believe were supposed to have 3 healer and 3 tanks. Which is pretty damn cool if you ask me.

So ranged tank and melee healer :D.
  5. Soylentgreen

Soylentgreen Well-Known Cupcake

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic. - Arthur C. Clarke
    Zel likes this.
  6. Chase Hunteri

They were created by a higher authority ,unlike all the other races, meaning they were programmed to serve the Dominion above all else, and with them being robots I don't think the Eldan found it possible to input emotion and "magical energy" into the Mechari.
  7. Sneakybuffalo

That's a lot of assumptions about the Mechari themselves, but particularly about the lore of magic in Wildstar. We know nothing of the concept of magic in this universe.
  8. Maxtross

Maxtross Cupcake-About-Town

Melee healer as in Holy Paladin in Wow? ;) I could live with that, hehe...
  9. Shaigh

Shaigh Cupcake

I love healing in group/raids, but I hate levelling as ranged so I look for a healer where the damage form is melee and not a hybrid melee-healer like DoK. Since they already stated that you could easily switch roles in raid I also find it more likely that we will have the former version and not the hybrid melee-healer.
  10. Cassp

Cassp Cupcake

We know a little, I don't remember where, but I know it came form a dev. For instance Espers and Spellslingers both use magic, but the Esper can control it with their mind and the Spellslinger has it channelled through the tech in their guns, So with that logic anybody could use magic.
    Kataryna likes this.
  11. Chase Hunteri

Yea I think they probably could be spell slingers based on that evidence.However,if the Esper have magic channelled from their minds then it would make sense if the Mechari couldn't be them because they don't have the instincts or they lack a proper brain.
  12. Zerdav

Zerdav Cupcake-About-Town

To have a mind you don't have to have a biological brain.

But what was this thread about?
  13. JarNod

JarNod WildStar Haiku Winner 2012 / Lead Guinea Pig

I'm hoping that the telegraph system will change that. Hopefully, we will see everyone moving a lot. :D
  14. plic70

plic70 Cupcake-About-Town

Personally, I think everyone may be looking at this from the wrong angle. From what Sneakybuffalo said above, "melee moves more that ranged" sort of, they need to spread more, and kind of do a little two-step but I hear ya. Everyone keeps thinking that the staff weilder will be the healer. What if it was the other way around, would help compensate for the quite a lot I feel.

An engineer/rifle/scattergun healer that heals in melee range:
    Healie turret: heals in an area around turret, can be targeted, immune to AOE effects
    Healie probe droid/hoth recon droid thingie: Probe darts around between most injured players within a 15 yard radius of engineer
    Scatterheal: Charges scattergun with medicine ammo and fires a burst shot of healing buckshot

He could use grenades or things like them for splash heals.

The staff weilder could be the tank. I forget and apologize, for forgetting, the OP and the thread. But they calssified it as three tanks, the straight damage soaker( high HP and armor), the dodge tank( avoidance) and the AOe/trash tank. The staff weilderto me could be an awesome AOE tank.
    Ground pound/staff slam: Charge staff with magic/psionic power and slam it into the ground creating a shockwave/earthquake that damages and slows enemies.
    Cleave on attacks: Just give his auto attacks a 25%(build up-able) cleave to enemies in front of him.
    Spin attacks: Goes into a flurry of motion punching striking and kicking around themselves.
    Blast wave: sweeps staff in front of them and knocksback enemies.

The moves could transfer well into a dps role as well. Personally, I think it could be pretty cool to run it like that and would run staff tank all day everyday...

Ah well, I shall continue to hope.

-Plic-
    Eiderescole likes this.
  15. Patrician

Patrician "That" Cupcake

The Aurin NPC we saw with the crook staff was called a "Mystic," and that term in other MMOs is usually something along the lines of a healer, either melee or ranged. The NPC also seemed to cast a couple knockdowns and swung with its crook to fight, another indication it could be a melee healer.

However, that was just a mob, and could not be related at all to what we'll get. In fact, speculation could well be off, yes... And the Crook wielding class could be the tank while the Rifle / Whatever Engineer could be the healer. ^^ Anything is possible.

I think the crook will be the healer though, just because it reminds me of a Shepard... And Shepard Book at all from Firefly... But that's only my personal speculation. As for if they will be melee or not, really up in the air at this point. My gut says yes but I'm hesitant to put money down on it...
  16. moneda

moneda Cupcake-About-Town

I think he just misspoke. /shrug

In other videos they've made mention of a class that "poops" out things that would heal their allies, which corresponds to a Mystic class in another game, though in that game the Mystic does ranged attacks.

I'm very curious which way Carbine swings with this.
  17. Gurza

Gurza New Cupcake

Used to play a warrior priest in Warhammer online which was one of the most enjoyable classes ive ever played in any MMO. If W* made a Melee Heal class I think I would find myself inclined to play one, would be interesting if they implemented a pure utility class with a heal and tank spec.
  18. ImmortalExile

ImmortalExile Cupcake-About-Town

The Warrior Priest in WAR was a lot of fun!
    I'd really love a healer in heavy armor over long robes, like the Jedi in the Clone Wars, or the Warrior Priests, or even the Templar Knights... All while carrying a crook!
  19. Ashiktara

Ashiktara Cupcake

Thats not really a melee healer. The Monk would be more of a melee healer. Paladins have a ret spec to dps in melee but they dont really qualify as a healer while doing this. :)
  20. Maxtross

Maxtross Cupcake-About-Town

Well u still need to cast judgements or whatever and hit the mob with ur melee weapon! :)