1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Mentor System Suggestion for Wildstar

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Feedback' started by Kisage, Feb 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kisage

Kisage New Cupcake

I just thought I would put this suggestion in for a mentor system where higher level players can lower their lowers to help out lower levels who require help. The mentor system could lower the level and stats to the level you wish to be at but keep the experience to level to the next level the same so you still get experience points but it still costs you the same as if you were leveling say from level 45 to 46. Just thought I would throw this idea out there cause it would be a good system to put in.
  2. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

I guess you haven't done anything to check if WS has a mentor system?
    Heck they have a mentor system and the complete opposite, a Rally system!
    Also your small ''change'' to the mentor system is not really worth changing anything in this time of development.

Also this forum section is not for tips for the game but for this fan-forum....(you could've read that aswell)

All the in all the point of this thread was to show us that you haven't done any research or read-up on things?? :up:
    Before posting a thread I suggest you read up on it and check where to post it :D

Edit: and YES i'm evil! :devilish:
    Kataryna likes this.
  3. gabers1

gabers1 Cupcake-About-Town

Wow, simply wow.

Please do not let this first posting experience ruin your image and/or respect for this forum Kisage. My experiences here so far have not been met with hostility so do stick around.
  4. Kataryna

Kataryna Super Cupcake

and you don't know Extatica well yet it seems. He was meaning no hostility whatsoever! He was informing the person that there is already a system he's asking for AND that this isn't the official forums, just a fan forums, and the suggestions section is for Forum suggestions, not game suggestions! ;-)
    Extatica likes this.
  5. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

Whenever I use ''emoticons'' don't take me serious :D

Once I post without emoticons i'm dead serious ;) But I agree for a newbie it may seems evil (hence my edit :p)
  6. gabers1

You are correct, I do not know Extatica at all . I only know how many of his posts have come across to me since joining this forum. I see the icons, I see the sarcasm, I see the roleplay, I even see some humor. I also see at times what appears to me to be rudeness disguised by all of the above.

That may be so but regardless of his intent, damage is done by the impression given off by his posts that come across to others as hostile or rude.

I know exactly what he stated, it was the way it was stated. I have read the post multiple times and it has come across hostile to me each time. I cannot change the impression I receive from reading this post.
  7. Kataryna

Kataryna Super Cupcake

And all that is what the problem with Text chat is - not being able to hear/see the person to know how they mean something to come across ;) which is why me and Extatica tend to use the emoticons :D so that people know we're meaning things happily :) not evily :devilish:
  8. Benzecry

Benzecry Cupcake-About-Town

That is also the safety of text based chat, I can be nice and no one will know how truly evil I am. :cautious:
  9. gabers1

Again, you could place 54 emotes/icons in that message and it will still leave me with a very negative impression. Accurate or not, it is still the impression I am left with by the structuring and wording of that post. Yes you are correct, it is difficult to sometimes convey intent in text chat so the writing of these posts should be handled with extra care.

While it is admirably that you come to your friend's defense, I have never received any negative impression from any of your posts Kat. In fact, it is difficult not to compare the differences between how you handled the poster a few threads down that was suggesting some Leveling with PVP feedback on the website feedback forum- the same type of forum etiquette violation that Extatica found the need to blatantly point out to this new poster. I found it interesting how once Extatica jumped in to the thread below the poster gave this feedback: P.S Extatica I appreciate your comment, even though it attempts to make me look like a total idiot. Don't get me wrong, no judgment on your effort to get super-ultra-epic cupcake status, you just weren't informative or helpful like the other user, Kataryna. I get around the forum alot to get useful information and insight about the game and comments like yours, having to read them, just waste my time usually. No hard feelings, just some feedback on your commenting.

It appears that I am not the only one misinterpreting Extatica's intent in his posts. Bottom line is, if some of Exatica's posts are being misinterpreted as rude, hostile ect, perhaps he needs to reevaluate his writing style?
  10. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

But Kat is Kat :D You can't just NOT like her :up:

Most of the post that are misinterpretated are usually those where the OP hasn't used the ''search-bar'' ;)
    I do admit that I do post more aggressively when that happens, but then again by keeping that sweet talk up you aint helping anyone aswell.

But trust me there are enough posts that do help, mostly in threads where people either searched for info first before posting or post something that hasn't been talked about :p

Strange that people use google all the time to search for things....but never seem to want to try out a ''search bar'' on a forum. This is not for this forum but for all forums in general. It's something that really grinds my gear, and then I still give feedback although more aggressivly. In this case the point was:
    Use the search bar since WS has a Mentor AND a rally system which is the opposite of the mentor system.

Mayby I shouldn't have typed this sentence:
    Then it would be according to your standards.....but common, having not done any of those they should get a hit with the ruler from time to time :sneaky:
  11. Zap-Robo

Zap-Robo Administrator • King Cupcake

<Admin Hat> Yeah, this has run it's course. Folks if you feel there is an issue, don't turn it into a tangential discussion, just hit the handy-dandy Report button or take it to private messaging if you don't want folks like me and Team Mod sticking our oars in </Admin Hat>
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.