1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Mordesh are they space zombies?

Discussion in 'WildStar Races' started by NinjaMortis, Feb 2, 2014.

?

Mordesh space zombie or not

1. Yeah

62.7%
  2. Neah

37.3%
  1. THIS AURINS ON FIRE!!!!!!

THIS AURINS ON FIRE!!!!!! Cupcake-About-Town

this comment is a little edgy :cautious:
  2. Snapdragyn

Snapdragyn New Cupcake

Direct quote (emphasis mine) from http://www.wildstar-online.com/en/game/races/

"Mordesh
    • Intellectual. Morose. Decomposing
    Cursed with a degenerative disease after delving into the forbidden secrets of alchemy, the Mordesh have come to Nexus to find a cure. Being a space zombie can be complicated. Unleashing dark and deadly disciplines on the Dominion? Much simpler."

I'm pretty sure the official game lore outweighs any poll or discussions of semantics here. :)
    Sonntam likes this.
  3. Inukeu

Inukeu Well-Known Cupcake

preety sure thats meant to be a bit tongue in cheek humor from Carbine which is typical of Wildstar and not meant to be taken as lore
  4. Noximilien Coxen

Noximilien Coxen New Cupcake

nah, they're rotting elves. i wish they would just die though. i hate elves.
  5. Bloodclott

Bloodclott Cupcake

That isn't official in the way you think. In-game the Dominion has made Exile Simulations that essentially create propaganda and mulch it into a combat training excercise. Lazarin and good majority of the Mordesh hate being called space zombies in-game due to that is exactly how the Dominion depicted them since the Contagion broke out (In the Mordesh simulation you JUST see Ravenous and nothing else unless you count the separate Avra Darkos simulation).

Essentially what I am saying is that ''space zombie'' is regarded in a racist context perpetuated by the Dominion intentionally. The Aurin have something similar, the Chua and a few high born call them ''tree lanks''.